Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 393177 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #1860 on: November 18, 2020, 10:41:59 pm »
I guess people don’t think it’s a big thing but by time Biden takes over we will be at point where 1 out of every 1000 Americans has died from covid

The American people scare me
The cavalier nature that half of this country takes to facts that they find inconvenient will be the downfall of the US. Period.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1861 on: November 19, 2020, 03:39:18 am »
I mean I get it...most of the dead people are old... most of them had their issues...

But my partner’s father, for example, was doing pretty good before covid.....yes he had overcome some health challenges the past few years but we had no reason to think he would die soon...he had plenty to live for... his two grandkids didn’t get to see him his last six months

The utter callousness and disregard with which America regards lives like his - a good person that served his country, paid his taxes and never really did a bad thing- is jarring...

He never even got a funeral...we got his ashes here and someday will bury them next to his parents down in Florida

Well there are people like him all over America...people that had families and still had hopes... And yet all over the internet one has to read about how we just have to suck it up and achieve herd immunity and top government officials tell us we have to rise up for our right not to wear a mask...

And in this past election it feels like half the country just said to him that your life and death really doesn’t and didn’t matter one whit
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:48:59 am by Just give it to me »

« Reply #1862 on: November 19, 2020, 11:31:26 am »
just logged into the Cigna portal and they are offering free mailing Nasal Swab test kits now

That is really where I think the US really fucked up, we should have just had made it easy to get tested for free and I think we'd be in a much better place than we are now
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1863 on: November 19, 2020, 03:41:14 pm »
That is really where I think the US really fucked up, we should have just had made it easy to get tested for free and I think we'd be in a much better place than we are now

i'm not sure about "much better place" with more testing.  first, you need to want to test yourself, i.e. believe the pandemic is real and be willing to make the effort to get tested.  second, you have to be willing to do the right things if you test positive (quarantine).  unless a significant portion of the population signs up for these two things - i believe you need 70% compliance to get a meaningful reduction - the folks that don't adhere to the program will continue to ruin it for everyone else.

finally, tests aren't perfect and they're only a snapshot in time - you can become infectious the day after you take a test, so you're running around yelling in everyone's face that your test came back negative.

IMO, the weird emphasis on personal freedom and resistance to authority is a much bigger culprit than the lack of testing.
<sig>

« Reply #1864 on: November 19, 2020, 04:38:12 pm »
  first, you need to want to test yourself, i.e. believe the pandemic is real and be willing to make the effort to get tested.

I think if was free and easy, I do think more people would have done it
second, you have to be willing to do the right things if you test positive (quarantine).
I really think that most people, if they got a positive test, they would quarantine... even in maga country
now getting them to take the test...well again free and easy would be the incentive

Contact tracking would also go hand in hand with this result too
finally, tests aren't perfect and they're only a snapshot in time -
Of course, but if it was free and easy, people would test more
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1865 on: November 19, 2020, 11:20:15 pm »
192K today, a new record. Well definitely hit 200K tomorrow as predicted.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1866 on: November 20, 2020, 11:27:02 am »
Rick Scott, (R-FL)

shemptiness

« Reply #1867 on: November 20, 2020, 12:00:57 pm »
So Hogan spent $9.46M for tests from South Korea which were never used. Because they're flawed.

hutch

« Reply #1868 on: November 20, 2020, 12:04:03 pm »
This has happened in lots of countries

Not defending it but Maryland is hardly alone...

If we remember at its relative peak MD was like 10th in country in terms of cases

Currently Maryland is at 25th

Hogan has done an impressive job. Maybe the best job of any Republican Governor

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1869 on: November 20, 2020, 12:35:58 pm »
Rudy G's Son Andrew, who was at a packed press conference yesterday... guess he'll need some time off from his cushy WH job
T.Rex

« Reply #1870 on: November 20, 2020, 05:34:09 pm »
"We're working on mass distribution of the virus." — Treasury Sec. Steve Mnuchin

Yikes...so was this their master plan all along? 
slack

« Reply #1871 on: November 20, 2020, 07:06:54 pm »
Don jr!  ( knew Monday)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1872 on: November 20, 2020, 07:45:31 pm »
Rudy G's Son Andrew, who was at a packed press conference yesterday... guess he'll need some time off from his cushy WH job

Andy G has effed things up for the coup-planners: andy exposed rudy and the rest of the trump legal team to the virus, so they couldn't meet with the michigan lawmakers today.
"Andrew Giuliani, Rudy's son who is a staffer at the White House, on Friday announced he tested positive for COVID-19, and the Times reports he attended the Thursday news conference in which Rudy Giuliani pushed baseless allegations of widespread voter fraud. On a conference call with Trump officials on Friday, when the subject arose of which member of Trump's outside legal team would attend the White House meeting, Axios reports this planning quickly "fell apart" when it was revealed that Giuliani's son tested positive and it subsequently became clear that "the entire Giuliani-affiliated legal team was probably exposed."
source: https://news.yahoo.com/giuliani-reportedly-skip-meeting-michigan-200700554.html
(original story: https://www.axios.com/trump-giuliani-white-house-michigan-covid-abbbbcf3-e415-4d9d-8911-427be7b645b1.html)
<sig>

« Reply #1873 on: November 20, 2020, 07:53:34 pm »
Oh the irony
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1874 on: November 20, 2020, 08:58:31 pm »
Oh the irony

right?  first, not taking the virus seriously led to him losing the election.  now that he's trying to come up with plan B - steal the election - coronavirus shows up again and takes that off the table... <insert schadenfreude>
<sig>