Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 391669 times)

Yada

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #2670 on: April 21, 2021, 09:24:26 am »
Agree

Judging by my Facebook liberals do..

Not sure what you are experienced or where but I am not seeing anyone up in arms about vaccinated people outdoors not wearing masks? Is this a thing in Maryland?

I'm pretty sure we've been arguing about this for two weeks, but ok...

You mean around kids who haven’t been vaccinated? Well that’s a bit different.. there you get into all the parenting issues

But do people come down on someone for taking a walk in Rock Creek sans mask?

Absolutely. You know the people that freak out as someone runs by jogging, walking, or on a bike and think that Covid is magically going to jump into their nasal passages while outdoors, multiple feet away.

« Reply #2671 on: April 21, 2021, 09:45:27 am »
Agree

Not sure what you are experienced or where but I am not seeing anyone up in arms about vaccinated people outdoors not wearing masks? Is this a thing in Maryland?

I'm pretty sure we've Yada has been arguing about this for two weeks, but ok...
FTFY
slack

hutch

« Reply #2672 on: April 21, 2021, 10:28:36 am »
Thanks Sidehatch..now I get it

Yada

« Reply #2673 on: April 21, 2021, 10:29:19 am »
Agree

I'm pretty sure we've Yada has been arguing about this for two weeks, but ok...
FTFY

Pretty sure it takes two people or more with differing opinions to argue, but thanks for  your feedback sidehutch.

hutch

« Reply #2674 on: April 21, 2021, 10:39:26 am »
I don’t get you on this Yada

Did you suffer some traumatic event where someone beat the crap out of you for not wearing a mask?

It’s just weird for you to get so worked up about this of all things

We have lost about 1 in 500 Americans.. more than half a million people..at one point over 4000 Americans were dropping dead day after day.. more than September 11... we had a month were more than 100,000 people died.. more than ever in our history from any wars..wars that lasted many years

And you get worked up about some people maybe overreacting? People are doing their best to adjust to a bad situation..nobody knows entirely how covid spreads... what we are told by officials seems to evolve..there is some mixed messaging

Of all the things in the world to get bent about this is your rubicon? People paranoid about their kids not getting covid?

It’s seriously fucked up dude..you need to get psychological help pronto... your posts on this seem to denote a weird un empathetic pathology... like a complete inability to see things from other people’s point of view

people are a bit on edge and overreacting - massive once in a lifetime pandemics will do that- but from that to where you seem to go making fun of people just trying to stay alive is just bizarre

Yada

« Reply #2675 on: April 21, 2021, 10:40:40 am »
I don’t get you on this Yada

Did you suffer some traumatic event where someone beat the crap out of you for not wearing a mask?

It’s just weird for you to get so worked up about this of all things

We have lost about 1 in 500 Americans.. more than half a million people..at one point over 4000 Americans were dropping dead day after day.. more than September 11... we had a month were more than 100,000 people died.. more than ever in our history from any wars..wars that lasted many years

And you get worked up about some people maybe overreacting? People are doing their best to adjust to a bad situation..nobody knows entirely how covid spreads... what we are told by officials seems to evolve..there is some mixed messaging

Of all the things in the world to get bent about this is your rubicon? People paranoid about their kids not getting covid?

It’s seriously fucked up dude..you need to get psychological help pronto... your posts on this seem to denote a weird un empathetic pathology... like a complete inability to see things from other people’s point of view

people are a bit on edge and overreacting - massive once in a lifetime pandemics will do that- but from that to where you seem to go making fun of people just trying to stay alive is just bizarre

hahah are you kidding me hutch? fuck off.

hutch

« Reply #2676 on: April 21, 2021, 10:50:36 am »

hutch

« Reply #2677 on: April 21, 2021, 10:54:41 am »
It’s like just give people time to adapt...if things go well maybe mask wearing will decline..it’s already declining

It’s nothing to get upset about.. you are going to live 80-100 years! You got plenty of time to go to concerts and all

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2678 on: April 21, 2021, 10:56:21 am »
Yada is 100% correct on this.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2679 on: April 21, 2021, 11:00:56 am »
Yada may well be although not sure about what specifically

Just don’t see what getting upset accomplishes..

If current trends continue in a few weeks people are going to loosen up

In Arlington we had eleven new cases yesterday and haven’t had deaths in weeks

Why get upset at people taking a little longer to adjust to things?

hutch

« Reply #2680 on: April 21, 2021, 11:07:48 am »

brennser

« Reply #2681 on: April 21, 2021, 11:11:09 am »
Boom...finally

Would be much cooler if it was vaccinate at home... Who's testing themselves after getting vaccinated?

I'd like to have a few of these tests lying around to use on my 15 year old until he gets vaccinated

brennser

« Reply #2682 on: April 21, 2021, 11:11:48 am »
Yada is 100% correct on this.

Julian is 100% correct that Yada is 100% correct on this

brennser

« Reply #2683 on: April 21, 2021, 11:20:00 am »
Yada may well be although not sure about what specifically

Just don’t see what getting upset accomplishes..

If current trends continue in a few weeks people are going to loosen up

In Arlington we had eleven new cases yesterday and haven’t had deaths in weeks

Why get upset at people taking a little longer to adjust to things?

Its increasingly clear to me actually that people aren't going to loosen up. Literally had a text conversation w some friends yesterday who are wrapping up their vaccine schedule and suggested a socially distant get together in a few weeks. I replied, well if we're all vaccinated it doesn't;t have to be socially distant. You are correct that this pandemic has messed with peoples heads in a big way. I took what I considered reasonable precautions over the last 13 months but its also clear reasonable precautions are not enough for the "I need to reduce risk to zero" crowd.

I bike and run and walk all around DC - I used to do it with a mask but don't any more because I'm vaccinated. Theres no yelling or anything but theres lots of "mask theatre" when people see me approach either adjusting or pulling up their masks. Most of these people seem to be older, and by extension have been fully vaccinated - the only reason for anyone over 65 not to have been vaccinated in this country is a refusal to take the vaccine - and if they don't want to take a vaccine thats their problem not mine, and I shouldn't have to mask up because of it.

Even at the height of the pandemic the chances of two people passing each other on a hiking path transmitting COVID was tiny - now its infinitesimal - and yet the majority of people are still wearing masks outside. Its as anti-science as anti-maskers at the height of the pandemic to be honest.

Yada

« Reply #2684 on: April 21, 2021, 11:21:53 am »
Interesting that the biggest absolute social misfit on the board gets to name calling and accusing me of all kinds of shit because of his hard opinions on mask wearing.