Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 394705 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3690 on: December 01, 2021, 01:27:05 pm »
i saw on Full Frontal there are now "experts" peddling ideas on how to remove the covid vaccine from peoples bodies, including taking a bath in borax..  there really is no bottom for these people...
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #3691 on: December 01, 2021, 03:09:27 pm »
So this seems like rubbish, if you're already vaccinated.

Stricter coronavirus testing being weighed for all travelers to U.S.
Biden administration also considering measures such as a 7-day self-quarantine and retesting several days after arrival.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/11/30/omicron-stricter-travel-rules-us-entry/?fbclid=IwAR1aq2TGoprLtUHvDB7rHMXI0mGSytDE_ISrLKRloavPwSslEw7c3gsblRE

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3692 on: December 01, 2021, 03:35:35 pm »

Biden administration also considering measures such as a 7-day self-quarantine and retesting several days after arrival.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/11/30/omicron-stricter-travel-rules-us-entry/?fbclid=IwAR1aq2TGoprLtUHvDB7rHMXI0mGSytDE_ISrLKRloavPwSslEw7c3gsblRE

Vaccines don't touch omicron. Thus, testing.

Space Freely

« Reply #3693 on: December 01, 2021, 04:03:10 pm »

What is your source? This one seems to say otherwise.

On Tuesday morning, head of Public Health Services Dr. Sharon Alroy-Preis told the Knesset Law and Constitution Committee that the first data about the efficacy of the corona vaccines against Omicron were expected to be shared with Israel by South Africa during the day.
A few hours later, Horowitz spoke about the subject during a visit at the Soroka-University Medical Center in Beersheba.

“In the coming days we will have more accurate information about the efficacy of the vaccine against Omicron, but there is already room for optimism, and there are initial indications that those who are vaccinated with a vaccine still valid or with a booster will also be protected from this variant,” Horowitz noted.

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/covid-vaccine-efficacy-v-omicron-what-we-know-so-far-687529

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3694 on: December 01, 2021, 05:11:44 pm »

On Tuesday morning, head of Public Health Services Dr. Sharon Alroy-Preis told the Knesset Law and Constitution Committee that the first data about the efficacy of the corona vaccines against Omicron were expected to be shared with Israel by South Africa during the day.
A few hours later, Horowitz spoke about the subject during a visit at the Soroka-University Medical Center in Beersheba.

“In the coming days we will have more accurate information about the efficacy of the vaccine against Omicron, but there is already room for optimism, and there are initial indications that those who are vaccinated with a vaccine still valid or with a booster will also be protected from this variant,” Horowitz noted.

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/covid-vaccine-efficacy-v-omicron-what-we-know-so-far-687529

I mean, nobody really knows, and won't likely know for 2 weeks. But if you search for 'omicron vaccine', your link is literally the only one that is optimistic. The CEO of Moderna - who lives and breathes this issue very single day - says that they're expecting far less protection against omicron than other variants.

Space Freely

« Reply #3695 on: December 01, 2021, 05:33:04 pm »

I mean, nobody really knows, and won't likely know for 2 weeks. But if you search for 'omicron vaccine', your link is literally the only one that is optimistic. The CEO of Moderna - who lives and breathes this issue very single day - says that they're expecting far less protection against omicron than other variants.

Pfizer guy is a bit more optimistic than Moderna guy.

Although it is possible that omicron may prove better than the delta variant at evading antibodies, Sahin said, it is too early to say whether the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine would need to be adjusted. Billions of doses have been administered globally.

“Whether or not we will need extra protection by an adapted vaccine, this remains to be seen, later,” Sahin said.

This is a notably different tone from that taken by Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel, who on Tuesday predicted “a material drop” in protection by existing vaccines at combating omicron compared with previous variants of the virus. “All the scientists I’ve talked to … [say], ‘This is not going to be good,’ ” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/01/omicron-vaccine-pfizer-biontech-ugur-sahin/

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3696 on: December 02, 2021, 11:52:09 am »

Starsky

« Reply #3697 on: December 02, 2021, 12:05:17 pm »
It’s a weird time

805,000 Americans- at least- have died after contracting covid

And I will continue wearing my mask almost everywhere when out and staying up to date on vaccination….

And yet until science bears out that omicron is more contagious or deadly I am just not interested in hearing about it or panicking

Some in the media seem to want to make everyone panic and some have gotten into a bit of a disaster flick loop where they get almost excited by new developments

Long term the continuing number of new variants developing is worrisome

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3698 on: December 02, 2021, 12:09:49 pm »
It’s a weird time

805,000 Americans- at least- have died after contracting covid

And I will continue wearing my mask almost everywhere when out and staying up to date on vaccination….

And yet until science bears out that omicron is more contagious or deadly I am just not interested in hearing about it or panicking

Some in the media seem to want to make everyone panic and some have gotten into a bit of a disaster flick loop where they get almost excited by new developments

Long term the continuing number of new variants developing is worrisome

Omicron *appears* to be infectious to both vaccinated and unvaccinated. It also *appears* to cause mild cases among vaccinated people. I have not personally heard of any unvaccinated person contracting omicron, so it's relative severity is a big unknown.

But yes, wait for the science.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3699 on: December 02, 2021, 12:17:24 pm »
I was in NYC the same weekend as Minnesota Man. Hotel was <30 minute walk to that convention center.

My wife doesn’t find it as amusing as I do. Oh, well…..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3700 on: December 02, 2021, 01:40:04 pm »
The person in Minnesota who got Omicron & had mild symptoms received a booster shot in early November

https://twitter.com/lookner/status/1466456052229197826

« Reply #3701 on: December 02, 2021, 01:59:10 pm »
can confirm
slack

« Reply #3702 on: December 02, 2021, 02:15:28 pm »
Biden Administration is moving to make free at home tests available to Americans.
All insured Americans to get tests paid for 100% by insurance companies.
50 million at home tests will be freely available at community sites on top of 20,000 free testing sites.

I've probably said it like a hundred times, but think if this had been done in April of 2020...we'd probably have a much lower death toll
flame on
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3703 on: December 02, 2021, 02:47:00 pm »
well i believe had "but her emails" won the response would have been a lot better, but the backlash from the free thinking states\faux news thinkers  would have be swifter..   can you imagine the response to anything from her administration being greeted well at all in red states?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 02:53:18 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #3704 on: December 02, 2021, 03:23:18 pm »
One wonders if H had won would Trump have run again and won?

I think losing to H would have hurt Trump’s “I am a winner” brand but of course he would have alleged fraud.

I have come to believe covid in the US would have been a shit show regardless… I mean tons of people have died from covid under Biden and that’s with the vaccines