Author Topic: Live in the Age of Covid19  (Read 103747 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Live in the Age of Covid19
« Reply #510 on: October 29, 2020, 04:40:03 pm »
Virtual Show conflict - I have tix for 3 different live streams tonight. Ted Leo, Mountain Goats, Okkervil River.

LVMH

« Reply #511 on: October 29, 2020, 04:48:35 pm »
Virtual Show conflict - I have tix for 3 different live streams tonight. Ted Leo, Mountain Goats, Okkervil River.
You should open them up in three different browsers and try to listen to them all at the same time

my bet is Ted Leo will have the longest set, the goats have the catalog, but he was never one for 2 hour sets
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #512 on: October 30, 2020, 07:46:15 am »
well the nugs sub gets you more than just PJ shows, who do vary night to night more than most bands... i looking at some 2000 White Stripes show and 30 isn't so ridiculous...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #513 on: October 30, 2020, 08:36:35 am »
Definitely not ridiculous at all...   $30 is not much for most people

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #514 on: October 30, 2020, 08:36:43 am »
You should open them up in three different browsers and try to listen to them all at the same time

my bet is Ted Leo will have the longest set, the goats have the catalog, but he was never one for 2 hour sets

Update. Watched the Ted show, and 1/2 of the TMG show. Today's plan is to finish TMG and watch the Okk.

Bagley

« Reply #515 on: November 03, 2020, 09:33:12 am »
Loved the 10/29 Mountain Goats show.  The oh so talented multi-instrumentalist Matt Douglas seamlessly shifted from sax to keyboard to lead guitar, sometimes during the same song.  Peter Hughes provided a solid foundation on bass and Jon Wurster's a monster on the drums.
A barefoot Darnielle was animated thru the set expressing how much he missed a live audience.  The approximately 90 minute set covered the life of the band (minus this year's releases) with some nice chestnuts thrown in to the mix...  Darnielle played a cute little ditty called My Little Panda which I assume he wrote for one of his children.  Well worth the $30 admission price.  All hail Mountain Goats!

K8teebug

« Reply #516 on: November 03, 2020, 04:44:34 pm »
Did anyone else watch Lyle Lovett and Chris Isaak last week? It was really great.

« Reply #517 on: November 07, 2020, 02:41:38 pm »
Ok...found this when I was feeling a little schadenfreude in seeing what Donnie Jr had said (nothing since the announcement)

Indoor concerts may be made safe from coronavirus spread, new study finds  (I have found an article that says "a new study finds" should be read with a LOT of skepticism)
first off the hill posted this with a Pic of Kid Rock (the face of bad decisions)

but don Jr's comment is on brand
Donald Trump Jr. @DonaldJTrumpJr
It’s a miracle... just like that corona is over. Face with rolling eyes

which as we know this couldn't be farther from the truth as we hit some record numbers on the daily and the article is clear that many conditions must be met...and even then it was just to lower the risk, not remove it
not a shirts off sweat and spit fest of thousands of people
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #518 on: November 10, 2020, 04:37:58 pm »
Join us Saturday November 28th @ 8pm EST for a full streamed concert live and alone from The Pines Theater at Look Park in Northampton, MA. Tune in for a socially distant night of music. Watch live, or view the archived video any time until 11:59pm on Nov 30. Pre-order tickets & special edition show merch designed by Bailey Flynn Art now: https://bit.ly/36fULEo

« Reply #519 on: November 10, 2020, 04:39:53 pm »
Join us Saturday November 28th @ 8pm EST for a full streamed concert live and alone from The Pines Theater at Look Park in Northampton, MA. Tune in for a socially distant night of music. Watch live, or view the archived video any time until 11:59pm on Nov 30. Pre-order tickets & special edition show merch designed by Bailey Flynn Art now: https://bit.ly/36fULEo
Dinosaur Jr for those who don't feel like clicking the link.
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #520 on: November 10, 2020, 04:44:31 pm »
How, dare, you. 

« Reply #521 on: November 10, 2020, 04:45:23 pm »
LVMH

shemptiness

hutch

« Reply #523 on: November 11, 2020, 07:51:48 pm »
I definitely feel bad for the Ottobar

They were doing things right since the sale

Getting better and better lineups

Am really rooting for them

I mean I only had tickets to four future shows at time Covid19 hit and two were for Ottobar shows

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #524 on: November 11, 2020, 08:04:07 pm »
I thought the GoFundMe thingy for the Ottobar had raised around $150k. At least they had when I donated to it.

I’d like to get up there for one of the patio events before it’s too cold.