Author Topic: Live in the Age of Covid19  (Read 103686 times)

hutch

Re: Live in the Age of Covid19
« Reply #525 on: November 11, 2020, 11:13:52 pm »

« Reply #526 on: November 11, 2020, 11:34:01 pm »
Something like this will probably affect most concerts

I could see this on everything, travel, work, school, sports and so on

Kinda scary TBH
slack

hutch

« Reply #527 on: November 11, 2020, 11:56:06 pm »
What I find scary is the resistance this will engender in red state America.. and let’s say more red state fan bases (ie, bro country)

And of course the technological and logistical issues with implementing this... cannot imagine this will help speed lines along...

But it sure beats the alternative of no live music

Adding: actually having read the plan a few times it doesn’t sound so bad...Ticketmaster basically would handle most of the process....what I f don’t get is how would this impact multiple ticket buys and what precludes someone from lending their phone with tickets to someone else or do you have to check and match IDs to ticket name for every single ticket?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 12:29:34 am by hutch »

« Reply #528 on: November 12, 2020, 10:06:31 am »
Yeah there is going to have to be a registry and when you buy the tickets you will have to enter people’s names... will it be tied to your SS#
There will be privacy and HIppa issues that may make this hard to implement

I have always been in favor of a digital health  database, but again privacy issues
I think it’s crazy that I don’t have all my drs vists for the last 20 years in one place so a dr today could review from a baseline and see trends
Unfortunately I have never kept the same dr/dentist/surgeon/dermatologist and so on... but the benefits of being able to access all that data to diagnose an issue today

one good thing is it could massively disrupt the scalping market

I used to always buy extras not knowing who would take them
as most people don’t want to pony up for a show  4-6 months out
Oh 2019 problems
slack

hutch

« Reply #529 on: November 12, 2020, 10:12:01 am »
So you won’t be able to transfer tickets?

Bet Ticketmaster/Live Nation would love to stick it to Stubhub

« Reply #530 on: November 12, 2020, 10:30:29 am »
Bet Ticketmaster/Live Nation would love to stick it to Stubhub
I'd love to stick it to TM too...is that an option
I'd gather that I've given ticketbastard close to $10k in convenience fees over the last 30 years
their service isn't rocket science, they should make a cut, but $13.50 each ticket on a 4 ticket buy is the definition of highway robbery
I am 100% sure that if they only charged $2 a ticket, they would make a healthy profit
slack

hutch

« Reply #531 on: November 12, 2020, 10:33:19 am »
Not an option

But guess what? If TM is in charge of all this covid stuff you can expect ticket charges to go up!

« Reply #532 on: November 12, 2020, 10:38:51 am »
yep, looking forward to the Covid-convenience fee on all purchases going forward
slack

rich_WDC

« Reply #533 on: November 12, 2020, 05:08:48 pm »
yep, looking forward to the Covid-convenience fee on all purchases going forward
My dentist throws on a $39 Covid Protocol fee

« Reply #534 on: November 12, 2020, 06:09:46 pm »
My dentist throws on a $39 Covid Protocol fee
that bites
slack

« Reply #535 on: November 13, 2020, 04:46:46 pm »
slack

« Reply #536 on: November 25, 2020, 04:13:22 pm »
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #537 on: November 28, 2020, 11:16:25 pm »
Never,mind

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #538 on: November 30, 2020, 05:33:34 pm »
Just made my New Year's Eve plans: Avett Brothers livestream.  Was on a discount today only, so why not have something to do. Ugh.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #539 on: December 01, 2020, 03:47:51 pm »

Hello Cloud Cult email list subscribers,

You're invited to a very special Cloud Cult web concert celebrating the 10 year anniversary of our album Light Chasers!

Reserve the night on your calendars now, and join us at 8pm CST on December 19 to see the full Cloud Cult band (this time including painters) performing the Light Chasers album front to back!

Songs from this album have been some of our favorites to perform live, but this will be the first time we've ever done the entire album!

This concert is exclusively for Patreon members, so to register for the concert, become a Patreon member today.  Patreon-exclusive Cloud Cult art so far has consisted of 25 unreleased songs, 40 exclusive videos, 17 webcasts and concerts, philosophical ponderings, walks in the woods, quarterly mail gifts, a whole lotta personal messaging, and a community of seekers leaning on each other through hard times!

This concert will be broadcast in HD and high fidelity stereo, so for the best experience, we invite you to grab a pair of headphones and a large screen. Feel the crowd around you by joining the live chat with other concert attendees as this special holiday evening unfolds.

As with all of our Patreon webcasts, if you miss the event, as long as you're a Patreon member, you can come back to this same post at any time and follow this same Crowdcast link to view an archived version of the performance.

We will make it through this together!

Love and hope,

Cloud Cult
<sig>