Author Topic: The Potato Thread: Potatoes in the News  (Read 117098 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: The Potato Thread: Potatoes in the News
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2020, 04:07:05 pm »

« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2020, 04:14:51 pm »
^fake news

here I was excited about some spud related tidbit and that's what I get
you should be ashamed

I mean the big news of the day was out of South Australia

Thomas Foods fresh potato business sells to Mitolo Family Farms

Following an agreement to purchase Thomas Foods International’s fresh potato business, Mitolo Family Farms is set to strengthen its grip on Australia’s potato industry.

Don't mess with the Mitolo family (potato crime syndicate) grip...there will be consequences
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 04:19:44 pm by Per-capita positivity ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2020, 09:21:54 am »
trump keeping potatoes in the news!

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
OBAMAGATE MAKES WATERGATE LOOK LIKE SMALL POTATOES!

I LOVE small potatoes, does this mean I should also like Watergate too? (at least visually)

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2020, 12:19:34 pm »

see, this is why we need to see trump's taxes.  the way that he has been hyping spuds recently makes me think he's under the thumb of Big Potato (or is that Baked Potato?  same thing).  how can we expect him to lead the nation when he's only got tubers on his mind?

I LOVE small potatoes

#fingerlingsarenotpotatoes
<sig>

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2020, 12:27:31 pm »

see, this is why we need to see trump's taxes.  the way that he has been hyping spuds recently makes me think he's under the thumb of Big Potato (or is that Baked Potato?  same thing).  how can we expect him to lead the nation when he's only got tubers on his mind?

Fun fact: Trump's favorite small potato: The Russian Banana   (just for the record, this is not a Banana or in the Banana family)

Although I have been hearing that we need to Liberate the public schools as those crazy libs are now trying to ban the game Hot Potato!

I LOVE small potatoes

#fingerlingsarenotpotatoes

Watch it....some of my best friends are small potatoes!  unlike those SWEET posures
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 12:39:04 pm by Pulitzer Repo-man ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2020, 09:34:24 am »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2020, 10:39:13 am »
Potato Europe 2020 cancelled

"Uncertainties surrounding the exceptional health crisis caused by the Covid-19 pandemic force us to cancel Potato Europe 2020 in order to protect the event's visitors and exhibitors. The next edition of Potato Europe cycle will take place in September 2021 in the Netherlands.

Potato Europe had been planning numerous dynamic demonstrations, technical workshops and conferences. Four hundred exhibitors were preparing to welcome 15,000 visitors, one third of whom were expected to come from abroad."

https://www.freshplaza.com/article/9221600/potato-europe-2020-cancelled/

« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2020, 12:25:17 pm »
Potato Europe 2020 canceled
Are you fucking kidding me
I heard Villers-Saint-Christophe, France is just spectacular in September and planned a whole week around this event
I'm crushed (or mashed as my 'spudies' say)
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2020, 12:34:11 pm »
I'm not exactly sure what goes on at Potato Europe, but video from last year clearly shows a can of ASS proudly on exhibit (forward to 1:00).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQkCEbJsoU

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2020, 12:57:53 pm »
Jez Heilung, don't know you know the rulz
"What happens in Potato Europe, stays in Potato Europe!"
All Eyes are on you!
slack

« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2020, 01:41:53 pm »
I always get annoyed when this thread goes on page 2

but the people are starting to GET IT!

@ThatEricAlper
Every single thing in the universe is either a potato or not a potato.

Edit #1

Damn, I missed trumps 6:16AM tweet mentioning the worlds most perfect food again
@realDonaldTrump Thank you Ted.
They got caught cold, but this should never be allowed to happen to an incoming administration again - Spied on. Makes Watergate look like small potatoes! OBAMAGATE!

Edit #2
Double Dude...totally asleep at the wheel on the Potato news...here was a good response to the Redskins Blackout post to AOC skewered
 Shawn Olson@OOOlson   Replying to @AOC
 They could solve this by just changing their logo to a potato.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:01:14 pm by bad news ninnie ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2020, 09:05:04 am »
"I was most definitely shocked when I saw it. It's by far the biggest one I have ever seen. My grandad and me are quite enjoying having it in the home, it's like finding a golden nugget."

Norfolk woman startled by gigantic potato discovery now bringing smiles to community

« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2020, 09:10:19 am »
^ some weak reporting on that
you talk about a giant 8.5 in 2 LB potato, but don't put a picture!

Edit - not sure what is up with that story, but I tracked it down
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:12:42 am by Bunker Inspector ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2020, 09:37:12 am »
^ some weak reporting on that
you talk about a giant 8.5 in 2 LB potato, but don't put a picture!

Edit - not sure what is up with that story, but I tracked it down

I think those people need a new tape measure.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2020, 09:55:41 am »
The Redskin logo change made me snort ice tea through my nose... well sort of...
T.Rex