Author Topic: The Potato Thread: Potatoes in the News  (Read 116528 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Potato Thread: Potatoes in the News
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2020, 12:40:53 pm »
"I was most definitely shocked when I saw it. It's by far the biggest one I have ever seen. My grandad and me are quite enjoying having it in the home, it's like finding a golden nugget."

Norfolk woman startled by gigantic potato discovery now bringing smiles to community

can you imagine how many guns must be needed to defend that potato???
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2020, 01:10:40 pm »
as the resident homebrew guy, i feel it's my job to help those who want to help themselves:

15 Potato Growing Tips To Significantly Increase Your Harvest
<sig>

« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2020, 01:12:23 pm »
I am not sure you know this but that site https://www.ruralsprout.com is funded by Soros...so if you like a little fascist baby eating...
I hear that Antifa paid you to post that link
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2020, 04:31:58 pm »
Big Boom In Potato Based Snack Pellet Equipment Market With A Growing Compound Annual Growth Rate During 2020-2026

The Potato Based Snack Pellet Equipment market research report completely covers the vital statistics of the capacity, production, value, cost/profit, supply/demand import/export, further divided by company and country, and by application/type for best possible updated data representation in the figures, tables, pie chart, and graphs. These data representations provide predictive data regarding the future estimations for convincing market growth.

In case you were wondering.

« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2020, 05:19:10 pm »
In case you were wondering.
I was
If I'm going to eat a snack pellet...it better be from a potato
slack

« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2020, 12:07:30 pm »
I can't decide...is this a good headline or should they be banished from the PotatoClan

https://watch.tastemade.com/the-struggle-is-real-watch-struggle-meals-for-free/videos/potatoes-gonna-potate
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2020, 12:05:42 pm »
Potato plant sees first positive test for COVID-19

At first I was like, OH NO TEH POTATOEZ, then I was like, buh.

« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2020, 12:19:48 pm »
Potato plant sees first positive test for COVID-19

At first I was like, OH NO TEH POTATOEZ, then I was like, buh.

I was terrified to read that article and have it say "a study has found that the potato to human transmission was a risk vector the medical community had never suspected, but we now know to be the deadliest"
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2020, 09:55:31 am »
Jeebus they really need to do a better job with headlines!

Lamb Weston-RDO Frozen employee tested positive for COVID-19

« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2020, 12:31:55 pm »
There is a growing concern that all the good journalists on the potato beat left in the kale craze a few years back
the reporting is definitely going downhill

Ya gotta know that potatonewstoday.com is the IHeartRadio of the potato industry
slack

« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2020, 12:37:28 pm »
Dude....how did you miss this news
The potato as a potential brake on the effects of the coronavirus

In addition to raw materials for adhesives, coatings, and healthy food, can potatoes also provide ingredients against the effects of infection with the coronavirus?
The potato project is one of the five initiatives that have received funding for their innovative solutions to solve the current health crisis caused by the coronavirus.  This project uses a product extracted from purified potato protein, which can suppress the infection routes and inhibit lung damage

I did find it odd that the first things they listed as uses for the potato was Adhesives and Coatings

Edit...also note the fail on the link ...we need to get the editor of PotatoNewsToday fired!
Read the foll report on Innovation Origins here
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 12:39:30 pm by side-KNEEL ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2020, 12:44:38 pm »
a perfect place for this
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 02:38:11 pm by Heilung4eva »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2020, 09:40:20 am »
The World Potato Congress just appointed three new directors to its board.  Two of them seem...perfectly suited for the job.

https://www.potatopro.com/news/2020/world-potato-congress-inc-announces-three-new-directors-its-board