Author Topic: The Potato Thread: Potatoes in the News  (Read 111528 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: The Potato Thread: Potatoes in the News
« Reply #420 on: May 12, 2022, 03:42:25 pm »
Jim Martin of Martin's Potato Rolls owner has donated more than $100K to Doug Mastriano’s Pennsylvania gubernatorial campaign.

Sandwich makers, eaters, express concern, may boycott.

GAY,GUY

« Reply #421 on: May 12, 2022, 04:16:26 pm »
Great.  Another "boycott" that will last a week.  Maybe we can march on DC with Wonderbread hats on.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #422 on: May 12, 2022, 04:24:03 pm »
Please enjoy your Barilla Pasta and Chik-Fil-A. There really aren't any other viable choices but to fund hate.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #423 on: May 12, 2022, 04:25:53 pm »
One bite out of every Martin's Potato Roll gives a penny to this guy:

"Mastriano was present at the Jan. 6, 2021, rally in DC that led to an attack on the Capitol. He has been subpoenaed by the congressional committee that is investigating the insurrection. He attended and raised money for his campaign at “Patriots Arise for God and Country,” a conference last month that promoted QAnon beliefs and other conspiracy theories. Recent reports indicate establishment Republicans are freaking out over Mastriano’s strong numbers in the polls ahead of next week’s primary.

He also supports a complete ban on abortion, with no exceptions. Mastriano introduced a “heartbeat bill,” which would make it illegal to have an abortion in Pa. after around 6 weeks — before many people know they’re pregnant — and said he plans to call for a vote on the bill if Roe v. Wade is overturned."

GAY,GUY

« Reply #424 on: May 12, 2022, 05:18:47 pm »
Ok, then . . . Pepperidge Farms hats.

I wonder how many companies are actually out there that donate money to politicians, that people disagree with.  I wonder how many donate to Republicans.  I wonder how many don't care what we think.  They're very rich, so I have to think that keeps them busy.

This is America, 2022.  We consume.   That's what you and I do everyday.  Stop acting like anything matters to anyone anymore.  We moved way beyond that.

And Popeyes nuggets are now better than Chick-Kill-Gay.  I wonder want the ceo of Popeyes is doing, right now.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #425 on: May 12, 2022, 05:51:20 pm »
This is America, 2022.  We consume.   That's what you and I do everyday.  Stop acting like anything matters to anyone anymore.  We moved way beyond that.

classic walkies is classic.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #426 on: May 12, 2022, 05:51:57 pm »
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fast-food-politics_b_1910929

If you want a business that truly shows no sign of being ideologically opposed to your gay chicken money, go to Popeye's. While the company doesn't have a PAC to track, company chair John M. Cranor III donates to Democrat politicians in his home state of Florida. He also serves on the board of the National Stem Cell Foundation, with the shockingly reasonable mission to fund, promote and support research. That puts him in opposition to Republican veep nominee Paul Ryan who's voted against promoting stem cell research four times in the House. Plus, they're open on Sunday.

Starsky

« Reply #427 on: May 12, 2022, 07:12:55 pm »
I think this is a childish and simplistic way of looking at things….

Definitely good to be an educated consumer

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #428 on: May 12, 2022, 07:17:28 pm »
Martin's Potato Roll party at my house! BYOB!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺

« Reply #430 on: May 20, 2022, 01:40:29 pm »
quality burn and potato content

Ted Cruz, who looks like a child tried to paint a face on a bowl of mashed potatoes
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #431 on: May 27, 2022, 12:41:46 pm »
Woman Tries First Proper Meal After 23 Years of Only Eating Potato Chips

"I can't believe how nice strawberries are and I even tried a Wagamama chili squid which was really spicy."

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #432 on: June 01, 2022, 12:08:08 pm »
June 1st marks Global Running Day, and Potatoes USA has declared their support for runners around the world. Check out Potato Goodness for more juicy details, and browse the Potato Edition of Performance Magazine (pdf) for in-depth coverage.

« Reply #433 on: June 01, 2022, 12:14:10 pm »
the Potato Edition of Performance Magazine (pdf) for in-depth coverage.
Dang The Potato Edition!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #434 on: June 01, 2022, 12:14:41 pm »
I feel like potatoes would be a subpar thing to eat before running any significant distance but i cede to the Chipotle guy’s expertise.
LVMH