Author Topic: How to end systemic racism?  (Read 27897 times)

Re: How to end systemic racism?
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2020, 12:36:25 pm »
Bob has left the building (Lee statue removed from VA Capital)
slack

hutch

« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2020, 01:49:16 pm »
I cannot believe it was ever there...

Traitor

« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2020, 09:26:59 am »
Well, everything I've posted here has been ironic...but this might help

@duty2warn

A lawsuit has been filed that accuses Trump and the GOP of violating the Ku Klux Klan Act. The complaint was just amended. It's pending before Judge Sullivan. The suit alleges intimidation and coercion of election officials in an effort to target and disenfranchise Black voters.
From what we can tell, and we're not legal scholars, this is exactly the lawsuit that needed to be brought. The essence of the GOP has been to preserve minority rule through voter suppression and worse. It's gotten more out of control, which will happen when a racist is elected.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/531277-naacp-files-suit-accusing-trump-gop-of-violating-kkk-act
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2021, 07:55:03 pm »

In 1964 Dusty Springfield embarked on a tour of South Africa. Unlike a lot of other artists who went there, she put a clause in her contract that stipulated she would only play to non-segregated audiences. She and her band had just two shows under their belts when their passports were seized at a hotel in Capetown. For three days they weren't allowed access to phones and questioned by authorities who eventually told them they could only finish the tour if they respected apartheid regulations. Dusty refused and was forced out of the country. She donated all the money she made to Black South African charities. This was nearly 20 years before the anti-apartheid cause became trendy among celebrities.

You never know who the real punk rockers are until it's punk rock time.

^ that's a great closing line!
<sig>

« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2021, 10:38:07 am »
A federal grand jury Friday has indicted Derek Chauvin and three other former Minneapolis officers for civil rights violations related to the death of George Floyd.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2021, 12:25:57 am »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2021, 02:13:54 pm »
was hoping for some 'jules on the street' reports
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2021, 04:51:40 pm »
was hoping for some 'jules on the street' reports
Mrs. Jules was on the street and when we get back from Kesha and reporting on Space's wife's appearence, I will try to get you a Robert E Lee report.

WE ARE BEHIND ON OUR REPORTING OVER HERE!!
LVMH

« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2021, 05:09:37 pm »
what the hell is all that Pateron money going to!
slack

« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2021, 07:04:05 am »
Of course he said this.   Bottomless

Trump, in a lengthy statement, decries the removal of Richmond's Robert E. Lee statue, calling it "magnificent."

"If only we had Robert E. Lee to command our troops in Afghanistan... What an embarrassment we are suffering because we don’t have the genius of a Robert E. Lee!"
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2021, 07:39:13 am »
nice retort to 45** press release

https://twitter.com/ConorLambPA/status/1435742722808287238?s=20

Conor Lamb
@ConorLambPA
I guess Trump & Robert E. Lee both know how it feels to suffer a humiliating defeat at the hands of pro-democracy forces in Pennsylvania.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2021, 07:59:57 am »
nice retort to 45** press release

https://twitter.com/ConorLambPA/status/1435742722808287238?s=20

Conor Lamb
@ConorLambPA
I guess Trump & Robert E. Lee both know how it feels to suffer a humiliating defeat at the hands of pro-democracy forces in Pennsylvania.

interesting Conor Lamb just announced he is also running for the PA US Senate seat, up against Fetterman... could be interesting...

edit: but they are not  the only ones in the race, as there are other high profile PA Dems running as well... the question i guess is if a more progressive can win in that field.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:06:27 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex