Author Topic: How to end systemic racism?  (Read 26361 times)

Yada

Re: How to end systemic racism?
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2021, 10:46:49 am »
nice retort to 45** press release

https://twitter.com/ConorLambPA/status/1435742722808287238?s=20

Conor Lamb
@ConorLambPA
I guess Trump & Robert E. Lee both know how it feels to suffer a humiliating defeat at the hands of pro-democracy forces in Pennsylvania.

interesting Conor Lamb just announced he is also running for the PA US Senate seat, up against Fetterman... could be interesting...

edit: but they are not  the only ones in the race, as there are other high profile PA Dems running as well... the question i guess is if a more progressive can win in that field.

Unfortunate as I like both of those guys.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2021, 10:51:04 am »
Fetterman, I feel, is more likely to win the actual Senate race.
LVMH

« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2021, 06:02:08 pm »
slack

« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2022, 04:25:51 pm »
thank goodness this got picked up by social media as these murderers would have enjoyed the rest of their life free
still can't believe their lawyer released that video

Travis McMichael - life without possibility of parole +20 years
Gregory McMichael - life without possibility of parole +20 years
Roddy Bryan - life with the possibility of parole

lets not forget former DA Jackie Johnson who almost got them off
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 04:39:48 pm by Side-web of lies ® ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2022, 11:09:40 am »
At yesterday’s meeting, the New Orleans City Council voted unanimously to change Robert E. Lee Boulevard to Allen Toussaint Boulevard,
slack

Starsky

« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2022, 11:27:44 am »
At yesterday’s meeting, the New Orleans City Council voted unanimously to change Robert E. Lee Boulevard to Allen Toussaint Boulevard,

Fantastic

I saw him from a few feet away twice… a national treasure

In a weird way Hurricane Katrina sort of forced him to leave New Orleans and he got to take a long and deserved victory lap. Suddenly those last few years he was touring all over the world all the time to appreciate audiences. Reminds me of what happened with the musicians in the BVSC

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2022, 01:46:48 pm »
Excellent documentary. Who We Are, has an early screening this Friday, with additional shows next month:

https://thewhoweareproject.org/the-film

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2022, 09:22:46 pm »
Was sure where this would fit, so I’m dropping it

Regarding the women involved in the Emmitt Till kidnapping and Lynching, who is still alive

JUST IN: A team searching the basement of a Mississippi courthouse for evidence about the lynching of Black teenager Emmett Till has found the unserved warrant charging a white woman in his 1955 kidnapping.

https://twitter.com/ciannareevestv/status/1542238068391936006?s=21&t=0af2Y-hjJZoqbXIX7YlJpA

https://www.wjtv.com/news/state/1955-warrant-in-emmett-till-case-found-family-seeks-arrest/

T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2022, 08:37:20 am »
Somehow, completely unrelated to that story, I stumbled upon an Emmitt Till discussion yesterday and learned its very, very likely the last governor of Mississippi was the nephew of the lady who made up the whole "he winked at me" thing that set this off.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2022, 06:42:01 pm »
Capitol Records drops virtual rapper FN Meka over criticism that it was offensive to Black artists

in addition to raising questions about the role of the music biz in opposing racism, the "inventors" of FN Meka ponder: “Not to get all philosophical, but what is an ‘artist’ today? Think about the biggest stars in the world. How many of them are just vessels for commercial endeavors?”  i guess according to them, the answer is to invent an artist out of nothing and try to cash in...
<sig>