Author Topic: Official 930 Supreme Court thread  (Read 30969 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Official 930 Supreme Court thread
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2022, 01:08:27 am »
<sig>

« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2022, 05:56:10 pm »
ACB FTW?!?

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett *DENIES* conservative Wisconsin taxpayers group's attempt to block Biden's student debt relief
slack

« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2022, 09:22:46 pm »
So much for the “compromised justices” theory

The Supreme Court just said that trump has to hand over his tax returns to Congress
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2022, 10:09:32 pm »

The Supreme Court just said that trump has to hand over his tax returns to Congress

What did Alito and Thomas say?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2022, 10:13:45 pm »

What did Alito and Thomas say?

"I wanna see them too!"

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2022, 10:37:56 pm »

not exactly - the ruling was that the IRS can release trump's tax forms to the House's ways & means cmte.  and thank goodness for that - if trump himself was responsible for handing over the paperwork, it would be the same ol' song and (not) dance...

trump also took a big fat L on his "arguments" in favor of the appointment of the special master over the docs seized at mar-a-lardo.  tough day for the cheeto mussolini...
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2022, 08:10:31 pm »
I mean, wutthafuggahyagonnado?

« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2022, 03:16:53 pm »
 Alito suggests that if the LGBT+ community wants equality — a Black Santa should be forced to take pictures with kids dressed in KKK robes.

YOWZA!
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2022, 04:01:16 pm »
wow... just wow.

it's amazing how comfortable folks have become saying the quiet parts out loud.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2023, 06:04:20 pm »
so apparently a secretly-made documentary about Brett Kavanaugh was premiered at Sundance.  it dives into the sexual assault allegations against him, including stories that he & his friends drugged and gang-(assaulted) ladies in college.  also goes into how the Justice Dept. deferred to the White House's "suggestions" of what should, and shouldn't, have been investigated during his confirmation hearings.  sounds like this movie might kick up some dust...

Sundance Surprise Movie ‘Justice’ Reveals More About Brett Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Allegations

‘I hope this triggers outrage’: surprise Brett Kavanaugh documentary premieres at Sundance

i do believe the correct response here involves popcorn...
<sig>

« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2023, 02:46:37 pm »
didn't see that coming

Supreme Court rules West Virginia transgender athletes can compete on female sports teams https://
slack

Hutch

« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2023, 11:37:32 am »
Affirmative action in college admissions struck down by Supreme Court.

Space Freely

« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2023, 12:13:50 pm »
Affirmative action in college admissions struck down by Supreme Court.

My wife and daughter just jumped for joy.

Hutch

« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2023, 12:27:13 pm »
I hate selfishness…as a basis for what’s right and wrong

But I do think affirmative action in college admissions is dicey….I can’t and never have been able to stomach it much

There has to be a better way but of course many people who use their own personal interest as a basis for what’s right and wrong will oppose anything that benefits a group they are not part of…I can’t see people who oppose affirmative action supporting reparations! Or support devoting far more resources to school districts in poorer black areas than richer white areas…

Yet, a terrible wrong was (and in less dramatic fashion continues to be) done to a group of Americans. How can a very wealthy society not attempt to redress this?