Author Topic: The Great Headline thread  (Read 94251 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Great Headline thread
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2021, 06:24:06 pm »
if you can make it to the end of this article, you are a stronger person than i:

‘Sun-powered orgasms are fantastic’: why I went to live in a desert cave
Armed with only a solar charger, a vibrator and some marijuana gummy bears, I rode out the pandemic – and my fear of spiders – in a California commune
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2021, 06:30:11 pm »
I don’t want to

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2021, 06:42:29 pm »
I don’t want to

i think that makes you a wiser person than i
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2021, 07:10:48 pm »
if you can make it to the end of this article, you are a stronger person than i:

I made it to the photo.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2021, 09:46:24 pm »

From Scottish Twitter

https://twitter.com/brianbtd1967/status/1446504111898251267?s=21

Dinna ken if this is good or bad news for Dundee?

Update

Of course it was to good to be true… crafty lot those photoshopping  Scots 

Some Killjoy had seen it when it read Major Jobs Blow

« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 09:51:15 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2021, 04:29:17 am »
I THROW DOWN THE GAUNTLET:

Monkey belonging to Texas special team's coach stripper girlfriend bites child on Halloween
She explained how the monkey is up-to-date on her shots and is an 'emotional support animal who (is) not to be touched'

NOW ACCEPTING ALL CHALLENGERS
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2021, 07:34:01 am »
not up to monkey owned by stripper bites child, but an interesting intersection of software development and local government

Swale council seeks to quash planning decisions issued in error by junior staff member with one application rejected as 'whack'

lots of ads on this link

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sittingbourne/news/charity-told-proposal-is-whack-in-planning-blunder-253536/

Officials have been left red faced after a junior staff member was unwittingly let loose on approving and rejecting planning notices, with one applicant, a charity boss, told their scheme was turned down because: “Your proposal is whack”.

The blunder came about when the Mid Kent Planning Support team, which handles the online submissions on behalf of Swale council, was trying to resolve software issues.

In doing so, five ‘dummy’ decisions, used to test the website was working, were accidentally published.

Among them was the sarcastic refusal to a desperate bid by Happy Pants animal sanctuary to stay on its site in Bobbing, near Sittingbourne.

The charity received the response “your proposal is whack” and “no mate, proper whack”. Making good the mistaken planning decisions is now set to cost £8,000.

Terry Rowse butchers’ change of use to a takeaway in Chaucer Road, Sittingbourne, was also turned down, with the official comments reading simply “no”, and “just don’t”, while the partial demolition of The Wheatsheaf pub in East Street, Sittingbourne, was granted, with the response “incy, wincy, spider”.

Meanwhile, an application for the change of use for a barn to provide storage for seeds and crop protection products, precision farm services and office space in Bredgar Road, Tunstall, was granted, as was the fifth application, for the demolition of the Old House At Home pub in Sheerness High Street, to make way for flats. The latter's comment was “why am I doing this, am I the chosen one?”
Swale council is now seeking to quash the planning decisions issued in error.

It said that, on August 19, officers for the Mid Kent Planning Support team were trying to find a solution for issues with the software behind the public access site but, during the exercise, ‘dummy’ decision notices on five randomly selected Swale applications were published on the live system.

After being alerted to the mistake, the decision notices were swiftly removed from the site, but legal advice has subsequently confirmed they are legally binding and must be overturned before the correct decisions are made.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2021, 07:09:22 am »
Terminally ill man arrested for 'mooning' at speed camera
T.Rex

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2021, 12:41:47 pm »
Convicted Murderer Wins Election to Office in DC From Behind Bars
(epoch times, but the story is actually true...but a Ward 7 ANC position is hardly a position of power)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 12:43:25 pm by Envoy-hatch ® ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2021, 01:27:14 pm »
Michael Jackson Impersonator Charged With Storming Capitol Alongside Oath Keepers

Some quality replies to the Rolling Stone tweet

https://twitter.com/rollingstone/status/1463520706973552657?s=21
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 01:32:02 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2021, 03:46:59 pm »
WALMART REMOVES LISTING FOR KIDS’ TOY THAT SINGS ABOUT COCAINE

This is truly so random

Ania Tanner, a grandmother from Ontario, Canada, was shocked when an innocent-looking dancing cactus toy she bought for her granddaughter at Walmart started swearing and singing about doing cocaine in Polish, CTV News reports.

“This toy uses swear words and talking about cocaine use,” Tanner told the broadcaster. “This is not what I ordered for my granddaughter.”

Unsurprisingly, Walmart yanked the toy from its online store — although people had been complaining about the toy for at least five months, according to CTV.

But its rapping skills in Polish weren’t age-appropriate. In addition to rapping about cocaine, the jovial succulent also covered other pleasantries such as suicide and depression.

“It just so happens that I am Polish and when I started to listen to the songs and I heard the words,” Tanner told CTV News. “I was in shock. I thought what is this some kind of joke?”

“It’s about taking five grams of cocaine and being alone… It’s a very depressing song,” she added.

As it turns out, the Chinese manufacturer apparently had no idea it was using a song by Polish rapper Cypis — who, according to CTV News, had no idea his song was being used for a children’s toy at all.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/walmart-removes-toy-cocaine
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2021, 05:08:53 pm »
End Times Preacher: A Reptile Alien Imitating My Husband Tried to Sleep with Me

she could have just said "not tonight honey i have a headache" and avoided all this attention...
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2021, 11:14:22 pm »

MCPD Warns of Scam Violin Players at Local Shopping Centers

https://mocoshow.com/blog/mcpd-warns-of-scam-violin-players-at-local-shopping-centers/

Apparently the buskers aren't really playing the violin, so buyer beware.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2021, 02:54:23 am »

MCPD Warns of Scam Violin Players at Local Shopping Centers

https://mocoshow.com/blog/mcpd-warns-of-scam-violin-players-at-local-shopping-centers/

Apparently the buskers aren't really playing the violin, so buyer beware.

we had something similar in our little town, except it was an accordion player.  he would set up with amplification in the local grocery store's parking lot and wail away for hours in front of signs stating "hungry please help" and "out of work due to pandemic".  anyone with a minimal amount of musical knowledge could tell that the music coming out of the speakers wasn't coming from his instrument - he was ok, but not great, at miming along to the prerecorded music.  only lasted for a month before he disappeared... wonder where he ended up. 
<sig>

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2021, 02:43:40 pm »
slack