Author Topic: Dropping off Spotify  (Read 8029 times)

Starsky

Re: Dropping off Spotify
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2022, 10:22:25 pm »

I am awaiting a call from Neil to discuss next steps…

I suspect this will not be enough for Neil Young so I will continue my Spotify boycott

Yada

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2022, 10:17:36 am »
Neil is as brave as all of consumers boycotting Spotify.

https://m.neilyoungarchives.com/news/1/article?id=Subscribe-amazon-music

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2022, 01:07:21 pm »
this should go here as I expect this thread to be 3,000 pages
we want to make sure we get all the defectors in one place

Brené Brown leaves spotify

“I will not be releasing any podcasts until further notice,” Brown tweeted Jan. 29. “To our #UnlockingUs and #DaretoLead communities, I’m sorry and I’ll let you know if and when that changes. Stay awkward, brave, and kind.”
slack

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2022, 01:33:08 pm »
So is this now fixed...Rogan has spoken and said supported Spotify's move to add disclaimers on controversial episodes.

Seems fixed to me ;)
Neil come on back, liza, you can stay

is it me or is #teamneil filled with people
1. Don't have spotify
2. If they did have spotify, they had the free version
3. 'What is spotify?', will the Dr take care of that at my next checkup
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 01:34:54 pm by slightly different Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2022, 01:47:45 pm »
Plenty of Neil fans have Spotify

Some have been bemoaning not being able to listen to Carnegie (on Spotify) on the Steve Hoffman forum

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2022, 01:50:13 pm »
define plenty
also how many of them own a Pono

think of all those he left with a useless yellow triangle for $400
System demise
On July 17, 2016, PonoMusic announced that it would be temporarily shut down due to the acquisition of their bankrupt content partner, Omnifone, by Apple Inc.They further stated that during this shutdown period, PonoMusic would be transitioning to a new platform provided by 7digital. The website, however, has been in a non-operating "under construction" state since then.

In April 2017, Young announced PonoMusic store was being discontinued, but with future plans to transition the service from a download model to a high-resolution streaming service to be known as "Xstream". As of October 2019, however, the service had yet to launch, and there have been no further announcements regarding its future.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 01:52:13 pm by slightly different Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2022, 01:52:37 pm »
I still don't understand how Spotify doesn't even support lossless since it was supposed to launch [checks notes] summer of last year.

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2022, 01:55:18 pm »
I know what I'm getting hutch for his birthday
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133992739558

what is even sadder is the DMB one is worth more
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324951359933

Am glad to see the Herbie Handcock one is going for double the DMB one
https://www.ebay.com/itm/293668792321

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 01:57:59 pm by slightly different Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2022, 01:56:17 pm »
Rogan portrayed himself as a figure who is just having interesting conversations, but at the same time he disputed the basic concept of misinformation. He claimed that changes in scientific opinion — for example about the effectiveness of cloth masks or the origins of the virus — have previously been viewed as misinformation and could have been banned on social media.

"Many of the things that we thought of as misinformation just a short while ago are now accepted as fact," Rogan claimed. (source)

there is a lovely french canadian expression that, loosely translated, is "he has missed an excellent opportunity to remain quiet."
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2022, 02:08:24 pm »

Some have been bemoaning not being able to listen to Carnegie (on Spotify) on the Steve Hoffman forum
I had probably listened to Carnegie 5-8 times in its entirety on Spotify before it was removed. Love the little "Mayflower" story before Southern Man.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2022, 02:30:49 pm »
I still don't understand how Spotify doesn't even support lossless since it was supposed to launch [checks notes] summer of last year.

I'm sure your ears can easily spot the difference between 320 kbps and lossless... another moot point in the streaming services battle.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2022, 02:44:52 pm »

I'm sure your ears can easily spot the difference between 320 kbps and lossless... another moot point in the streaming services battle.

Audiophiles care about these things. It's literally why Quboz exists as a service.

Yada

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2022, 02:58:04 pm »

Audiophiles care about these things. It's literally why Quboz exists as a service.

I was unaware you were an audiophile and I know why these services exist... not to stream 320kps vs. lossless through airpods or $400 speakers.

My argument is the "audiophiles" out there Can't tell the difference between the bitrate of 320kps vs. lossless nor do they have the equipment to support it.

This isn't 1999 with an mp3 that's been ripped five different ways at 192kp.

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2022, 03:07:32 pm »
This isn't 1999
but we can still party like it is
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2022, 03:25:34 pm »
This isn't 1999 with an mp3 that's been ripped five different ways at 192kp.
I just remembered people re-encoding 128kp mp3s to 320 being a thing and I enjoyed the chuckle down memory lane.
LVMH