Author Topic: The "Do we need a Russia/Ukraine/WWIII thread" thread  (Read 37777 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The "Do we need a Russia/Ukraine/WWIII thread" thread
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2022, 07:38:37 pm »
forget about boycotts from Shell, McDonalds, and Pepsi... this is the one that is going to hit home for the populace and may well start a popular uprising:

Adidas Closes Russia Stores Amid Ukraine War
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2022, 07:47:35 pm »
I wonder if there is any way Russia can stop and save face…they ain’t going to stop if it makes them look like losers

Because this could go on as long as Russia wants it and if history teaches us anything it’s that Russia is perfectly willing to sacrifice to the max. Sanctions will hurt them but they have historically been a very steely bunch

It’s unbelievable to have this full on war in Europe.

I suppose if Putin died there might be an opening but I would not bet on that for 15 years…and if he dies whoever replaces him is more likely to continue than not (in order to consolidate power, not appear weak, etc)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2022, 07:51:03 pm »
Well with Bumble shutting down over there, there will less uprisings over there
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2022, 09:36:28 pm »
I wonder if there is any way Russia can stop and save face…they ain’t going to stop if it makes them look like losers

i'm sure this is what you meant, but allow me to rewrite that first line:

I wonder if there is any way Putin can stop and save face…he ain’t going to stop if it makes him look like loser

and you are absolutely correct, at this point Putin has pushed all his chips to the center of the table - he's all in.  he cannot retreat.  like all  strongmen, he is dependent on projecting strength.  to admit that he effed up and miscalculated would open a lot of doors to dissent... and he won't do anything that may threaten his grip on power.

this is what makes this whole situation so scary: there is no off-ramp.  as long as putin is in power, we're riding this rollercoasters until the bitter end.
<sig>

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2022, 01:58:01 pm »
Dude, can't believe this guy is an elected representative for the US government

https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/status/1501964751362011136

@CawthornforNC
“Zelenskyy is a thug. Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and is incredibly evil and has been pushing woke ideologies.”
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2022, 02:13:31 pm »
he's strongly supports 2A that's the only qualification ones need in a red district...
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2022, 03:11:58 pm »
So on top of all that, he's also an asshole driver.
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2022, 07:40:52 am »
In this thread we learn how an unemployed party girl buys with a cash a 4.4 million pound London apartment

https://twitter.com/pevchikh/status/1501878715709632518?s=21
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2022, 09:53:39 am »
I wonder what the stance in the JA is on having an Official Wife and an Actual Wife
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2022, 09:56:44 am »
I wonder what the stance in the JA is on having an Official Wife and an Actual Wife
Live and let live … as long as you get a prenuptial agreement and she’s properly bred.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2022, 10:16:14 am »
Somebody should smash this guy's wheelchair.

“Remember that Zelensky is a thug,” said Cawthorn in the video. “Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and it is incredibly evil and it has been pushing woke ideologies.”

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2022, 01:41:07 pm »
“Remember that Zelensky is a thug,” said Cawthorn in the video. “Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and it is incredibly evil and it has been pushing woke ideologies.”

this idiot clearly hasn't done his homework: zelensky is the opposite of a thug.  prior to the start of the war, Prez Z had a reputation for being weak and aloof.  ukraine has definitely had thugs as presidents, but Z ain't one of them.

"woke ideologies"?  regarding gay rights, the best you can say about ukraine is that it isn't illegal to be gay.  yeay.  gay marriage is constitutionally banned and same-sex relationships are not recognized (ex: can't adopt, no survivor benefits).  ukrainian society is very religious and rather conservative.  environmental movement is on the fringe of the mainstream.  there definitely are leftovers of racism and anti-semitism that linger just under the surface.  not sure what "wokeness" he's referring to...

what a lazy shit-smear of a man.
<sig>

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2022, 01:47:50 pm »
what a lazy shit-smear of a man.
can confirm
Have you read about his Russian bride (that only lasted a few months) that he met at a fake cross-fit competition and how he lied about getting in an accident (that left him in the wheelchair)...he said many times he was on his way to some military college  when the reality was he got rejected months before.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2022, 05:56:56 pm »
i did read about his embarrassing "marriage" (how many scaramuccis did it last?), don't remember anything about her being russian... but, checks out. 

the man is a lying dump truck of bullshit.
<sig>