Author Topic: The "Do we need a Russia/Ukraine/WWIII thread" thread  (Read 37024 times)

Re: The "Do we need a Russia/Ukraine/WWIII thread" thread
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2022, 06:00:48 pm »
- Ukrainian armed forces: "In January Putin had the second best army in the world. In March, he has the second best army in Ukraine."
damn...
slack

« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2022, 06:26:58 pm »
was on a rabbit hole about Ukraine on twitter and found this interesting tweet about how some lone Russian surrendered with his tank to the ukraine

but that got the response that 'is it possible to drive a tank solo'
to that immediately someone posted a Ukraine tiktoc of a child basically finding an abandoned Russian tank and showing us how to drive it it!>!

this is a weird timeline
slack

Starsky

« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2022, 06:29:47 pm »
It’s war. You can’t really believe anything. Disinformation is a part of war. It’s not just the Russians lying.

« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2022, 06:59:06 pm »
It’s war. You can’t really believe anything. Disinformation is a part of war. It’s not just the Russians lying.
valid point
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2022, 01:47:09 pm »
amazing video of peaceful civilian resistance in occupied Kherson: https://www.facebook.com/100013415235189/videos/429723145579258/

chants include "putin is a dickhead/fuckhead" (lol), "kerson is ukraine", "russian war boat, go fuck yourself", the ukrainian national anthem, "zelensky", and some chant at the end saying "zelensky is (something), but putin is (something else)" which i couldn't understand... but you can rest assured that they aren't flattering the russian dictator ;D

amazing that they're walking right up to the russian soldiers and yelling "putin is a fuckhead" to their faces.  kherson is a very russian-speaking town.  i'm sure russian planners assumed that khersonites would welcome the invasion... instead, they get thousands of folks marching in the streets telling them to go the fuck home.

i could do without the cinematic music tho.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2022, 02:46:47 pm »
those losses are just mind-boggling. 

been reading about the issues the ruskies are having with the management of all the bodies.  they're stockpiling a lot of them, "temporarily", in Belorussia - to hide them from the Russian public.

Clearview AI’s Dystopian Face Rec Tech Now Being Used to Identify Dead Russian Troops

Ukraine's vice prime minister said the military uses Clearview AI to identify the soldier and then contact their family via social media
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2022, 04:22:25 pm »
found another one... didn't even flinch when shots were fired: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=687575739261369

amazing.  although they should have practiced singing the national anthem beforehand, had a little issue with coordination :D
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2022, 01:28:40 pm »
I had to do a double take when I first heard Biden’s words…

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/27/politics/joe-biden-vladimir-putin-ukraine-war/index.html

You really need to watch what you say…and if you say it you better be willing and able to back it up

This kind of thing makes even me doubt he is up for a second term

Biden has done a lot of the right things vis a vis Ukraine- Russia but you can’t have slip ups

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2022, 06:50:13 pm »
ukrainian helicopters may or may not have successfully de-nazified a fuel depot in russian territory, in what is possibly being called a "special defueling operation."
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2022, 12:35:16 pm »
Sonic Youth Release 1989 Kyiv Live Recording To Benefit Ukraine
Proceeds will benefit World Central Kitchen
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2022, 07:14:27 pm »
<sig>

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2022, 10:51:55 am »

Following a personal invitation from Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky, U2’s Bono and the Edge visited Kyiv Sunday to perform an acoustic concert in one of the city’s subway stations-turned-bomb shelters

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/u2-bono-the-edge-acoustic-set-kyiv-bomb-shelter-1350428/
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2022, 01:46:02 pm »

Following a personal invitation from Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky, U2’s Bono and the Edge visited Kyiv Sunday to perform an acoustic concert in one of the city’s subway stations-turned-bomb shelters

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/u2-bono-the-edge-acoustic-set-kyiv-bomb-shelter-1350428/
These folks have suffered enough. Jesus.
LVMH

« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2022, 04:45:07 pm »

These folks have suffered enough. Jesus.
saw this and was like...I've seen this before
slack