Author Topic: 2023 Albums  (Read 45618 times)

Yada

Re: 2023 Albums
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2023, 02:39:57 pm »
Boygenius
march 31st

well I've met and spoke with two of them (even offered Lucy a beer, which she declined)

creep
I would like to revist this...

I was at a house party show in DC where Lucy was playing
it is the day her album debuted on matador (was released earlier on a small label before)
Since it's a house party, I brough my own beer
And I'm hanging at the merch stand watching the last band, when Lucy walks up and stands next to me waiting for her chance to go on
I congratulated her on the Matador release and said 'would you like a beer?' to which she replied "no thanks"

if that's creepy, we may need to revisit the definition.
but alas, very on brand for a yada comment

The time I met Julien was at a DC 9 show (which Lucy happened to be opening for and I was blown away)
at the end of the show she was hanging out and talking with people at the merch table

space level creepiness and bringing his own beer... Has anyone seen hatch and space in a room at the same time?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2023, 02:45:35 pm »
offering a woman a beer is creepy?  what kind of woke SJW cancel-culturer are you??
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2023, 02:49:11 pm »
offering a woman a beer is creepy?  what kind of woke SJW cancel-culturer are you??

these she/her/they/them rockers would never accept a form of solicitation from a balding, pear shaped he/him.

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2023, 03:02:58 pm »

these she/her/they/them rockers would never accept a form of solicitation from a balding, pear shaped he/him.
ouch, jez what the hell did I do to hurt you

please show me on the doll where sidehatch violated you
oh wait this was durring your real estate seminar, now I remember, you were trying to sell time shares or something?

also, guess you have never been to a house party...you bring your own beer. I had a bag of beer, reached in and said, do you want one
Wasn't like I said 'hey bartender, let me buy a drink for that damsel at the end of the bar'
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 03:09:09 pm by Kitara-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Yada

« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2023, 03:32:59 pm »

ouch, jez what the hell did I do to hurt you

please show me on the doll where sidehatch violated you
oh wait this was durring your real estate seminar, now I remember, you were trying to sell time shares or something?

also, guess you have never been to a house party...you bring your own beer. I had a bag of beer, reached in and said, do you want one
Wasn't like I said 'hey bartender, let me buy a drink for that damsel at the end of the bar'

hahah. what??? Relax douche.

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2023, 04:32:01 pm »
back to our regular programing

Caroline Rose
The Art of Forgetting.
March 24.
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2023, 05:16:28 pm »

Last time I saw sidehatch, he wasn't pear-shaped. That said, its been a few years.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2023, 05:37:08 pm »

Last time I saw sidehatch, he wasn't pear-shaped. That said, its been a few years.

Last time I saw sidehatch, he wasn't so sensitive... I made one "creep" comment that was a #joke and everything shit the bed. Additionally, the she/her rockers not accepting beers from pear shaped men was a generalization, not specific to sidesensi.

« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2023, 05:41:58 pm »
he wasn't so sensitive...
it's that time of the month goddamit!
slack

Starsky

« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2023, 05:56:27 pm »
We’re all sensitive people with so much to give.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2023, 10:14:08 am »
I just like to say "Space level creepy" cause everyone understands what it means.  That being said, I don't think that level of creepy applies in this instance.

We’re all sensitive people with so much to give.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 10:15:39 am by Cock Van Der Palm »

Yada

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2023, 04:47:41 pm »
Scott McMicken and THE EVER-EXPANDING

Yada

« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2023, 11:27:02 am »
Spectral Lines by Josh Ritter

Starsky

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2023, 03:01:09 pm »
Thomas Bangalter

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2023, 06:43:20 pm »
Thomas Bangalter

Daft Punk’s Thomas Bangalter has announced a new solo album. Mythologies arrives on April 7 (via Erato/Warner Classics). It’s his first independent orchestral work. Bangalter was originally commissioned by choreographer Angelin Preljocaj for the ballet of the same name back in 2021. Billed as a production about the “founding myths that shape the collective imagination,” it was premiered by the Opéra National de Bordeaux and Ballet Preljocaj the following year.

Mythologies is a 90-minute-long score in which Bangalter reimagines his composition style. In a press release, it’s described as “not” drawing on electronic music, but rather “the large-scale traditional force of a symphony and, as such, it embraces the history of orchestral ballet music.”
<sig>