Author Topic: LIVE at the Atlantis  (Read 75364 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: LIVE at the Atlantis
« Reply #585 on: June 08, 2023, 12:55:23 pm »
Does anybody actually park in that lot? I can always find street parking within a block or two...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #586 on: June 08, 2023, 12:56:14 pm »
Fine dining establishments do not list prices on their menus. If you have to ask...

It's not a fine dining establishment.

Maybe it's aspirational pricing.

Hutch

« Reply #587 on: June 08, 2023, 01:17:17 pm »
Yeah I don’t see that as disrespectful. A customer can ask. Many bars don’t list beer prices.

Complaining about that is something…

I will ask about PBR price next time I go although I can only drink about two before it gives me a headache….

bearman🐻

« Reply #588 on: June 08, 2023, 01:24:15 pm »
My thoughts on Pixies.

Loved reading this. It's funny, I did turn around a handful of times but was distracted by this one dude in the back that I thought was really hot. Sorry I missed a bunch of you. Was also talking a lot to a really nice father/daughter who were there together. I also met one of the guys who ended up getting the pass to see all 44 shows. He said only 3 of those were actually given out. I had to leave sort of quickly because a friend had played at DC9 (my original plan for the evening) and I had to try to save face a bit and at least see him for a few minutes. Thankfully he and Caitlin Rose weren't upset that I missed their show. They understood and were excited for me.

Hutch, it makes me really happy that you enjoyed the show so much. I have seen a lot of memorable Pixies shows. I can't count how many times I've seen them...at least 25 probably. Probably closer to 30. First time they blew a fuse and the lights, sound, everything went out. Second time, they played the worst polka music before going on stage and it was blaring...but then they came out to a tape of rolling thunder and strobe lights that looked like lightning and that was one hell of an amazing show. Coachella was incredible, the Doolittle shows were a blast, and the Lincoln theater shows were a ton of fun too. And the 9:30 show. But Atlantis was so, so special. It was also the smallest venue I've seen them in, by quite a bit. It did make me feel connected to the old 9:30 in some ways. It felt oddly familiar. Not the same...but similar. During "Motorway to Roswell" I really felt transported back in time, and it was emotional and a little overwhelming. A great concert can bring you the wave and crush of a lot of thoughts, emotions and feelings. I had plenty of those moments on Tuesday, and so much of it was the setlist, performance and even the venue. And to have that, in a post-pandemic world, felt really gratifying. I'm grateful for the chance to stay connected to a band that I cherish so much and all these years later not be disappointed. If anything, I was floored at how much I can still love seeing concerts. I hope all of you get an experience like that too.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #589 on: June 08, 2023, 02:54:10 pm »
Nice post Bearman.  Glad it was a special one for you

Yada

« Reply #590 on: June 08, 2023, 03:47:04 pm »
My thoughts on Pixies.
I did turn around a handful of times but was distracted by this one dude in the back that I thought was really hot. 

Sorry about that!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #591 on: June 08, 2023, 03:55:17 pm »
you know Yada is a married man...and probably not into bears.

My thoughts on Pixies.
I did turn around a handful of times but was distracted by this one dude in the back that I thought was really hot. 

Sorry about that!
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #592 on: June 08, 2023, 04:00:14 pm »

My thoughts on Pixies.

Sorry about that!

The dude I saw was pretty much standard bear-issue. Not like I have a type. (Those who know me know, of course, that I do.)

Bagley

« Reply #593 on: June 08, 2023, 04:00:50 pm »
My thoughts on Pixies.
I had to leave sort of quickly because a friend had played at DC9 (my original plan for the evening) and I had to try to save face a bit and at least see him for a few minutes. Thankfully he and Caitlin Rose weren't upset that I missed their show. They understood and were excited for me.

There's nothing like that warm fuzzy energy after a treasured musical performance.  Bearman, I had the pleasure of the DC9 show while you cats were Atlantisized Tuesday night.  Combs and Rose were great both together and individually.  Same tight back up band for each performer. Intimate adoring crowd.  I had seen Combs' Tiny Desk and was quite impressed and he was even better live.  Caitlin told some good stories and had a fun devil may care attitude. Sweet country twang to her vocals.  Their harmonies together were lovely!  Sorry you missed it but it sounds like you achieved nirvana with Mr. Francis and Co.

Hutch

« Reply #594 on: June 08, 2023, 04:10:52 pm »

My thoughts on Pixies.

Sorry about that!

The dude I saw was pretty much standard bear-issue. Not like I have a type. (Those who know me know, of course, that I do.)

Sidehatch?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #595 on: June 08, 2023, 04:35:23 pm »
Indeed a great pairing. I was able to catch Caitlin and Andrew in NYC last night....been at least 10+ year wait for me to see Caitlin again.  Wish there were more people to support them (only about 60 people at my show)

My thoughts on Pixies.
I had to leave sort of quickly because a friend had played at DC9 (my original plan for the evening) and I had to try to save face a bit and at least see him for a few minutes. Thankfully he and Caitlin Rose weren't upset that I missed their show. They understood and were excited for me.

There's nothing like that warm fuzzy energy after a treasured musical performance.  Bearman, I had the pleasure of the DC9 show while you cats were Atlantisized Tuesday night.  Combs and Rose were great both together and individually.  Same tight back up band for each performer. Intimate adoring crowd.  I had seen Combs' Tiny Desk and was quite impressed and he was even better live.  Caitlin told some good stories and had a fun devil may care attitude. Sweet country twang to her vocals.  Their harmonies together were lovely!  Sorry you missed it but it sounds like you achieved nirvana with Mr. Francis and Co.
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #596 on: June 08, 2023, 04:41:35 pm »
I know it’s my problem but not being able to smoke on roof deck is a buzzkill for me but if I could smoke there it would be a buzzkill for most people so I get it.

team: time for another intervention?

Very experienced in beer consumption and I am noticing people drinking less at 930 shows.

new rule: if you can't blame canada, blame those darned kids

Gen Z Is Drinking Less at Concerts
Particularly impacting smaller venues

<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #597 on: June 08, 2023, 05:52:20 pm »
Yeah I don’t see that as disrespectful. A customer can ask. Many bars don’t list beer prices.

They should. Do you grab your ankles just because someone tells you to?

Hutch

« Reply #598 on: June 08, 2023, 06:33:40 pm »
I like to annoy people by not tying my shoe laces….

I don’t see any need to list prices in a bar. Sorry man…now go fuck yourself

nkotb

« Reply #599 on: June 08, 2023, 06:38:12 pm »
Planned graffiti on the walls, cashless bars with no listed prices, fucking apps to open a tab...bummer, man