Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1414681 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #1500 on: August 18, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »
to be fair oba jumps extremely well. the bigger wtf was manu not marking him AGAIN on a subsequent corner

i really dont want to harp on spurs, because i really dont want to be proven wrong...but replacing berba with arse shavin' is fucking stupid. they already have like 4 set up men. ive seen a few places (none reliable) that spurs are moving for mikey o though
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1501 on: August 18, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Ever Circling Skeletal Family:
  I'm hoping Pompey were awful and chelskzzzz not awesome
In the first half, Chelsea were indeed awesome, and awesome without Drogba and Essien.  Ballack was as good as I've seen him and Bosingwa was a huge upgrade over whomever they used at right back last year.

The second half, however, was a Mourinhoesque snoozefest.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1502 on: August 19, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »
so this summer alone we've gone from king kev having £50m+ to spend to cutting mike wages to £80k a week to there a wage cap to selling mike to offering michael owen £140k a week

gotta love the english press
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1503 on: August 19, 2008, 12:34:00 pm »
If Owen is worth £140,000-a-week over three years then Shay Given deserves ownership in the team, but I doubt he would want it with deals being made like that.  He'd probably rather have the keys to the city.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1504 on: August 19, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »
well given=god...

i tend to disbelieve anything about the toon until its on nufc.co.uk. however, i kind of see the logic. if you pay mike £140k a week for 3 years its still cheaper than buying someone for £12m and then paying them £70k a week

i say kinda because that assumes whoever comes in will also catch childhood diseases and get crocked repeatedly while on duty for his long-balling country. you know, so we have an apples to apples comparison    :roll:
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #1505 on: August 19, 2008, 02:10:00 pm »
Newcastle fans around here? Today I saw a Spanish paper talking about Newcastle wanting to get Argentina's Saviola. Wouldn't do it, not only he is mediocre, but you can't trust him.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1506 on: August 19, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »
ive been seeing the rumor floated around and i dont really buy it to be honest. supposedly a loan, but we already have 3 small strikers. the theory is that they'll sell mikey and bring him on, but then again i understand saviola is on some crazy money too
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1507 on: August 21, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »
Rather odd don't you think?

Arsenal sign Man Utd's Silvestre
 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7573520.stm

I suppose the very talented but young Arsenal side would benefit from his experience...but why would United sell to a close rival? We should forget Berbatov and sign Henry just to piss them off. I think we'd get him for a bargain at this point.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1508 on: August 21, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »
big 3 + chelzzzz is rapidly becoming the big 2
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1509 on: August 21, 2008, 03:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  big 3 + chelzzzz is rapidly becoming the big 2
Not sure what you mean...which one is demoted?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1510 on: August 21, 2008, 05:04:00 pm »
pool and arse dont seem to have the cash to keep up with you lot and the russian
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1511 on: August 21, 2008, 08:09:00 pm »
Saturday, August 23

9:30am Liverpool vs. Middlesbrough (Set)
 10:00am Tottenham vs. Sunderland (FSC)
 12:30pm Fulham vs. Arsenal (FSC)
 2:30pm Stoke City vs. Aston Villa (FSC)  
 5:00pm Newcastle United vs. Bolton Wanderers (Set Del)
 6:45pm West Bromwich Albion vs. Everton (Set Del)

Sunday, August 24

8:00am Wigan vs. Chelsea (Set)
 11:00am Manchester City vs. West Ham (FSC)

Monday, August 25

3:00pm Portsmouth vs. Manchester United (Set)
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1512 on: August 22, 2008, 08:50:00 am »
shit, guess i cant watch that pool match or risk getting spoiled   :mad:  

maybe dvr that scumderland/spurs match and fast forward through half time
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1513 on: August 22, 2008, 10:15:00 am »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  pool and arse dont seem to have the cash to keep up with you lot and the russian
All this spending the russian is doing lends me to believe he's going to buy the premiership one way or another this season, even more so than in the past. The problem with that is so many egos on one locker room can cause major unrest. Unless Dr. Phil can keep it under control it's a recipe for disaster at Stamford Bridge. Morono's problem was he had the biggest ego in the locker room so this guy may be able to pull it off. If you look at Uniteds success in relation to the squad we only have/had Beckham and now Ronaldo who could be called 'celebs', the rest of the squad are pretty much blue collar lads who come to work like the rest of us. Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Ferdinand to name just 4 world class players who are never on the front of the tabloids.

As for scum I couldn't give a rats arse if they end up in the Sunday pub league, and as much as I don't like Arse for the lack of home grown talent I do think Wenger is a good manager and they play very attractive football. Their cash problem is due to the fact they relied too heavily on selling the condos on the land that used to be Highbury and the real estate market over there is now in the crapper.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1514 on: August 22, 2008, 10:21:00 am »
you left out wayne-o. what do you think about his smoking?
o/\o