Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1414795 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #1605 on: September 19, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »
Saturday, Sept 20

7:40am Sunderland vs Middlesbrough (Set)
 9:30am Liverpool vs. Stoke City (Set)
 10:00am West Ham vs. Newcastle (FSC)  
 12:15pm Blackburn Rovers vs. Fulham (Set)
 12:30pm Bolton vs. Arsenal (FSC)  

Sunday, Sept 21

6:55am West Bromwich Albion vs. Aston Villa (Set)
 9:00am Chelsea vs. Manchester United (FSC)  
 10:00am Manchester City vs. Portsmouth (Set)
 12:00pm Hull City vs Everton (Set)
 4:30pm Tottenham vs. Wigan (FSC)
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1606 on: September 19, 2008, 12:40:00 pm »
thats alot of sunday games
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1607 on: September 19, 2008, 12:45:00 pm »
I was thinking the same thing, especially since I'm busy all day...I blame UEFA.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1608 on: September 19, 2008, 12:58:00 pm »
i dont watch much prem on sundays during nfl season, especially when the weather is nice.
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1609 on: September 19, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  i dont watch much prem on sundays during nfl season, especially when the weather is nice.
faggot doodle!!!

;)

vansmack

« Reply #1610 on: September 19, 2008, 02:26:00 pm »
That'a weird because the good teams are on long before the start of the NFL games...
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1611 on: September 19, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »
i like to get up and bike or run, and then i clean up and get ready because my friends all come over for the steelers games. should be interesting this year because they play so many late ones
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1612 on: September 22, 2008, 11:52:00 am »
Can anyone explain what happened between Rio and Didier "help I've fallen and I can't get up" Drobga right at the end of the game? I watched the game but missed the drama at the end.

jammie fucking blue and white wankers.....Looked like United just ran out of steam at the end though.

Also....the FA (fucking arseholes) resind a red card for Terry then proceed to book 7 united players for infringements such as sneezing. What's up with that shit?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1613 on: September 22, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »
it looked like there was a foul on drogba (could have gone either way in my opinion) just at the edge of the box at the end of the game. would have been a dangerous free kick, and it looked like a second yellow was going to come out. i think they just blew the whistle instead, but i would guess that rio was upset at drogba's flop maybe leading to a suspension and a stolen 4 point swing

i thought the yellows were a bit much. not scholes of course

toon of couse get throttled by a the hammers. full credit to the opposition, but is it too much to ask for a manager that picks a side that makes sense? oh it is, i see. maybe the nigerians will hire a proper manager  :roll:
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1614 on: September 22, 2008, 01:53:00 pm »
I think it was frustration over Riley, but it could have been a myriad of things..

(1) Rio was upset that it was a foul?
 (2) That Riley ended the match while the ball was in play or while Drogba was recieving treatment?
 (3) Rio thought a foul was called when it was actually just the end of the game?

Who knows, really...

I was more concerned about Berbatov's work ethic.  With Park, Hargreaves, Fletcher and Rooney working their asses off all around him, he sure seemed to be standing around a lot.  I would never question SAF, but bringing Ronalado in with a goal lead seemed an odd choice.  I'm sure Tevez was an eventual sub, but Van Der Saar ruined that.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1615 on: September 23, 2008, 09:06:00 am »
I think Ronaldo came on to put chelskzzz on their back foot a little as they were starting to run at united. As the saying goes, the best defense if offense.

Berbatov will probably end up being the biggest waste of money since Veron in my opinion....I don't know what SAF saw in him in the first place.

It seems VDS has his head somewhere else this season, Kuczack should be the starter and VDS on the bench as a very strong back up seeing as he's our keeper for the future.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1616 on: September 25, 2008, 09:33:00 am »
crashed out of the league cup, big surprise

really really early but we could very well go down. terry venerables needs to save us  :roll:

mike owen sure seems to be scoring a fuckload of goals though
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1617 on: October 01, 2008, 10:11:00 am »
You don't offer a manager with the calibre of Venables "an interim management position" What a fucking insult. Keegan isn't worthy of wiping the last dribble of piss from Venables dick.

Just shows what a fuck up toon are at the moment.

Maybe United shold buy them to help with their injury concerns at the moment. I'm sure there's a couple of players we could use on an interim basis...plus, putting Rooney and Barton in a room together would be worth the price of admission alone.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1618 on: October 01, 2008, 10:24:00 am »
haha...when you are up for jobs with bulgaria, iran and leicester getting paid £1m for 10 weeks work seems like a good idea. there never was a permanent job to be offered, so whatever venables reasons, entering into talks he already new this. i agree toon are a mess right now, though. i dont think tv would have been the answer
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1619 on: October 07, 2008, 12:57:00 pm »
Former Smiths frontman Morrissey has started supporting Millwall and hopes to fly in from Los Angeles to attend the Lions' next home game against Leeds. (Daily Telegraph)

I thought he was living in Rome these days???