Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1414794 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #1620 on: October 21, 2008, 08:54:00 am »
can someone please explain to me how rob styles still has a job?
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #1621 on: October 21, 2008, 08:29:00 pm »
I don´t recall seeing so many goals in a day in the Champions League.  Great to see that Real Madrid may not pass the last 16.

Manchester U. 3 - 0 Celtic
 Villarreal 6 - 3 Aalborg BK
 Bayern Munich 3 - 0 Fiorentina
 Steaua Bucuresti 3 - 5 Lyon
 FC Porto 0 - 1 Dynamo Kyiv
 Fenerbahce 2 - 5 Arsenal
 Zenit St. Petersburg 1 - 1 BATE Borisov
 Juventus 2 - 1 Real Madrid

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1622 on: October 22, 2008, 08:46:00 am »
guy on espn news this morning butchered the pronuciations of both berbatov and juventus. i laughed
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #1623 on: October 22, 2008, 11:13:00 am »
Milan is getting Beckham? Milan is now the official football cemetery. Having Berlusconi as president made me dislike this team, but with the recent acquisitions I am losing the respect I had for this team.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1624 on: October 22, 2008, 12:24:00 pm »
an over 30 footballer playing for basically a year straight for club and country stepping up in competition. what could possibly go wrong

if they are offering odds on becks never coming back to mls, take it
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #1625 on: October 22, 2008, 02:33:00 pm »
It shows very poor planning on milan's side. Rather than making a new team for the future, they get players like Sevchenko, Ronaldinho... and now Beckham. Just a commercial decision, but haven't seen them using the money they get wisely. Not a surprise anymore not seeing them in the Champions League.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1626 on: October 22, 2008, 07:32:00 pm »
Beckham is only doing it to stay in the England squad. He still needs matches now the MLS season is over for the Galaxy or he'll never get picked by Capello....As for Milan, who wouldn't want Beckham on their team, even at his relatively old age??? Plus Capello (Italian) Milan  (Italian)...who do you think arranged that deal??? I can just imagine that phone call,

"Ciao Antonio, this is Fabio ah needa da Beckham to play for da futbol now stupid Americano season isa ova....ya helpa pizano outa here?" "Sure Fabio senda heem rite ova...Ciao!!!"

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1627 on: October 23, 2008, 11:06:00 am »
oh im sure becks will sell lots of shirts for milan, though they have a crowded midfield, but whatever

my concern isnt if its good for milan, its is it go for mls. i say no. as far as being good for england, becks is more mascot than factor at this point
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1628 on: October 23, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »
I disagree totally, Beckhams has always been a team player....by that I mean he's an intregral part of a team even if not the most gifted player individually. He can put the ball on the toe of any striker so makes more goals....in America you call it 'assists'.... than he actually scores himself. I would take Beckham on my team over Ronaldo any day. Ronaldo is gifted brilliant and sometimes unbelievable, but not the greatest team player. Rooney is part Beckham part Keane but can't fill the shoes of both.

George Best summed Becks up perfectly, and I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember it exactly "Beckham is slow, he can't tackle dribble or shoot, other than that he's a great player" United still haven't filled the void left when they sold him to Madrid..or Keane for that matter but we're talking about Beckham now.

England still need Beckham while they redefine themselves into the team they have the potential to be under a manager who's not a 'yes man' to the FA, and if they need Beckham then he needs to stay match fit....hence Capello arranging the loan move to Milan, and we all know he did, it was on the BBC website this morning. (After I had speculated it last night I might add!!!)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1629 on: October 23, 2008, 01:59:00 pm »
i heard the same thing on fsc's call in show on monday, its been going around

dont get me wrong i love becks, i love his game, and i love his attitude. but the simple fact is england needs to get to the point where they dont need him anymore, because he isnt getting any younger. how many minutes has he played during the last two sets of internationals? 30 in 4 games?

in my opinion he needs an offseason of rest, modelling and shagging his skinny ass wife
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1630 on: October 24, 2008, 10:08:00 am »
He could get a lot of rest and I'd be happy to shag his skinny arsed wife for him....anything for my national team!

I agree with what you say about him getting older and England need to get ready to move on without him, but with tossers like Gerrard, Terry and  Lampard who don't seem interested in playing for their oountry if you go by their performance for club then country.  We need another Beckham who has a 'lion heart' Rooney does but he's a totally different player than Becks so not a replacement.

Anyway, that's why they pay Capello the big bucks to figure that stuff out.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1631 on: October 28, 2008, 08:53:00 am »
whats up with all the midweek games
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1632 on: November 07, 2008, 01:07:00 pm »
I was able to catch exactly one match the entire month of October.  Looking forward to reaquanting myself with my couch this weekend...

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8

7:40am Arsenal vs Man Utd (Set)
 9:40am West Ham vs Everton (Set)
 10:00am Sunderland vs Portsmouth (FSC)  
 12:30pm Liverpool vs West Brom (FSC)
 5:00pm Hull City vs Bolton (Set)

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 9

8:25am Blackburn vs Chelsea (Set)
 11:00am Fulham vs Newcastle (FSC)  
 4:30pm Manchester City vs Tottenham (FSC)
 6:45pm Aston Villa vs Middlesbrough (Set)
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1633 on: November 07, 2008, 01:18:00 pm »
no rvp for the arseholes against you lot this weekend. they really miss the hardman in midfield. i really wonder if wenger is actually going to spend money in january.

hard to believe, but toon finally have some selection issues. looks like mike owen is going to be on the bench against fulham, and butt gets the nod over guthrie with duff still keeping out zogs

newcastle was clearly superior to villa midweek. hate to say it but we need barton at this point
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1634 on: November 10, 2008, 09:44:00 am »
knew shit was fucked once cacapa walked out in the starting side. hes such a downgrade and tayls has been bad this year

rooney's poor finishing might have cost you guys points this weekend
o/\o