Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1378848 times)

godsshoeshine

  • Member
  • Posts: 4826
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2006, 04:55:00 pm »
they dont do that for the epl weekend games, do they?
o/\o

Barcelona

  • Member
  • Posts: 1342
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2006, 05:19:00 pm »
Do they broadcast games from the Argentinean league in the US as well? these are interesting games, although yesterday the Gimnasia La Plata - Boca Juniors was suspended for apparently major threats to the referee during half time, crazy football there but the atmosphere in key games is the best in football.

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 19717
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2006, 05:26:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  they dont do that for the epl weekend games, do they?
No, and I doubt they will.  ESPN has broadcast rights for Champions League.  They have no broadcast rights for the EPL.
27>34

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 19717
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  Do they broadcast games from the Argentinean league in the US as well?  
Fox Soccer Channel has broadcast rights for the Argentinian League, and that game you mention was the game of the week for them, if I'm not mistaken.
27>34

godsshoeshine

  • Member
  • Posts: 4826
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2006, 09:57:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by vansmack:
   
Quote
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  they dont do that for the epl weekend games, do they?
No, and I doubt they will.  ESPN has broadcast rights for Champions League.  They have no broadcast rights for the EPL. [/b]
looks like neither one gets newcastle this weekend. bah
 
 manure/arse on sunday could be fun, though
o/\o

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 19717
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2006, 08:02:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  looks like neither one gets newcastle this weekend. bah
 
 manure/arse on sunday could be fun, though
No, we don't get the Toon Army this weekend.  I did forget to mention Tottenham's UEFA match was on FSC today.  My bad.
 
 SATURDAY SEPT 16
 
 7:30am  Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth (Set)
 9:30am  Everton vs Wigan Athletic (Set)
 10:00am Bolton  v. Middlesbrough  (FSC)
 Noon Watford v. Aston Villa (FSC)  
 3:00 PM   Sheffield United vs Reading (delayed Set)
 
 SUNDAY SEPT 17
 
 8:30am Chelsea vs Liverpool (Set)
 11:00am Man Utd. vs. Arsenal (FSC)  
 5:00pm Tottenham vs Fulham (delayed Set)
 
 Also 6:30am PSV vs Feyenoord (Set)
27>34

Barcelona

  • Member
  • Posts: 1342
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2006, 11:29:00 pm »
Dynamo Kiev  1 - 4  Steaua Bucuresti
 Lyon  2 - 0  Real Madrid
 FC Copenhagen  0 - 0  Benfica
 Man Utd  3 - 2  Celtic
 FC Porto  0 - 0  CSKA Moscow
 Hamburg SV  1 - 2  Arsenal
 AC Milan  3 - 0  AEK Athens
 Anderlecht  1 - 1  Lille
 Barcelona  5 - 0  Levski Sofia
 Chelsea  2 - 0  Werder Bremen
 Bayern Munich  4 - 0  Spartak Moscow
 Sporting Lisbon  1 - 0  Inter Milan
 Galatasaray  0 - 0  Bordeaux
 PSV Eindhoven  0 - 0  Liverpool
 AS Roma  4 - 0  Shakhtar Donetsk
 Olympiakos  2 - 4  Valencia
 
 Pretty similar to last year, Chelsea, Barcelona, Lyon and, maybe, Milan look strong.
 
 Manchester United had more problems than expected. Then the typical strong teams of Valencia and Bayern Munich. Arsenal, not sure, they can make it far, but they have started pretty badly in the Premiership and I believe Hamburg played with ten players most of the game.
 
 As for the disappointments, Real Madrid, who seems to be repeating the disappointing football of the last four seasons and Inter Milan, who are always favorites, but can't win any important trophy.

godsshoeshine

  • Member
  • Posts: 4826
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2006, 08:10:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by vansmack:
 SATURDAY SEPT 16
 
 7:30am  Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth (Set)
 9:30am  Everton vs Wigan Athletic (Set)
 10:00am Bolton  v. Middlesbrough  (FSC)
 Noon Watford v. Aston Villa (FSC)  
 3:00 PM   Sheffield United vs Reading (delayed Set)
 
 SUNDAY SEPT 17
 
 8:30am Chelsea vs Liverpool (Set)
 11:00am Man Utd. vs. Arsenal (FSC)  
 5:00pm Tottenham vs Fulham (delayed Set)
 
 Also 6:30am PSV vs Feyenoord (Set)
saturday games dont exactly excite me. have the dvr set for the man u arse match though
o/\o

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 19717
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2006, 12:09:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  Pretty similar to last year, Chelsea, Barcelona, Lyon and, maybe, Milan look strong.
 
 Manchester United had more problems than expected. Then the typical strong teams of Valencia and Bayern Munich. Arsenal, not sure, they can make it far, but they have started pretty badly in the Premiership and I believe Hamburg played with ten players most of the game.
 
 As for the disappointments, Real Madrid, who seems to be repeating the disappointing football of the last four seasons and Inter Milan, who are always favorites, but can't win any important trophy.
Aresenal were horrible.  It was 10 men, on a horrible sending off of Hamburgs keeper and the ensuing penalty was the difference.  Hamburg nearly tied it up in stoppage time, despite playing with 10 men for half the first and all of the second half.
 
 Barca looked the strongest of the lot, but they also played the weakest team.  
 
 Real, well lets just say there was a lot of talent on the pitch, but absolutely no flow between them.  They stunk.
 
 United were a bit sour and the loss of Giggs and Park and going to even out the return of Rooney (who looked a little off) and Scholes, who still can't time a tackle to save his life.  This month without Giggs will be a real test for them.
27>34

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 19717
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2006, 12:15:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  saturday games dont exactly excite me. have the dvr set for the man u arse match though
This happens every year when UEFA starts the Champions League and the Cup.  There will start to be good Sunday games missed from the tele.
 
 I'll likely watch them all in double time at least, but I'll sit in regular speed through the Everton v. Wigan match because I like the pesky Wigan (I just can't look at their hideous uniforms) before I watch the Irish beat up on another Big 10 team.
27>34

godsshoeshine

  • Member
  • Posts: 4826
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »
i always find sept and oct funny because notre dame looks like a member of the big 10, which they should be anyway.
 
 i might catch some of the bolton/smoggies match, because of the time. i always thought the name 'wanderers' was cool for some reason
o/\o

godsshoeshine

  • Member
  • Posts: 4826
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2006, 12:53:00 pm »
weird, fsc replays toon/porkers on monday. of course i'll be deep into the steelers/jagoffs monday night  :D
o/\o

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 19717
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2006, 01:10:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  i always find sept and oct funny because notre dame looks like a member of the big 10, which they should be anyway.
And share their precious TV revenue with the rest of the conference?  Never (of course one more year of Ty Willingham/Bob Davie and the Irish would have been begging the Big 10 to let them in after NBC cancelled the deal).
27>34

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 19717
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2006, 01:11:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  weird, fsc replays toon/porkers on monday. of course i'll be deep into the steelers/jagoffs monday night   :D  
I knew we would eventually agree on a team...
27>34

godsshoeshine

  • Member
  • Posts: 4826
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2006, 01:15:00 pm »
i'm a pittsburgh kid, what can i say
o/\o