Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1385579 times)

Barcelona

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2006, 09:36:00 pm »
I'm so mad with Mourinho's behaviour. This is the perfect example of someone within football that promotes violence.

vansmack

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2006, 12:57:00 am »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  I'm so mad with Mourinho's behaviour. This is the perfect example of someone within football that promotes violence.
Shockingly, and I would add appallingly, that game was not available in the US without pay per view.  Not surprisingly, we missed the game of the day, and most likely the week.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2006, 06:46:00 pm »
This was sick though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bPbqHAktII
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2006, 03:36:00 pm »
Saturday, Nov 4

7:45 Fulham v Everton (Setanta)  
 10:00 Liverpool v Reading (FSC)
 10:00 Man United v Portsmouth (Setanta)  
 12:00 Newcastle v Sheffield United (FSC)  
 2:15  Charlton v Man City (FSC)  

Sun, Nov 5

8:30 West Ham v Arsenal (Setanta)  
 11:00 Tottenham v Chelsea (FSC)
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2006, 01:23:00 pm »
Tottenham took it right to them this weekend.  And Terry had a complete meltdown.  Great match start to finish.

Paled in comparison to the heavyweight battle between Wenger and Pardew.  Shocked that Arsenal lost with such disgrace...
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
yeah, that was pretty fantastic. i kinda hate both sides, but great match

must be the time of year for meltdowns, carr and parker (!!!) both had some issues with the crowd at st james park
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2006, 01:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  yeah, that was pretty fantastic. i kinda hate both sides, but great match

must be the time of year for meltdowns, carr and parker (!!!) both had some issues with the crowd at st james park
I wasn't going to bring up Newcastle for fear that the Maggies, combined with the Steelers, combined with Penn State and JoePa brekaing his leg might have been too much for you to handle.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2006, 02:35:00 pm »
who are these people and what do they have to do with gilbert arenas, malkin and crosby?
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2006, 02:45:00 pm »
Haha, go Ducks!
27>34

Barcelona

« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2006, 05:37:00 pm »
Actually, the weekend didn't start very well on Saturday with Barcelona drawing in Galicia against Deportivo La Coruña, but ended nicely with Chelsea losing to Totenham (my team in London) and Real Madrid losing at home against Celta de Vigo. Actually, the press and fans in Madrid on Sunday morning were already saying that they had already caught Barcelona in the table, but late in the afternoon, they were even further down. And Capello saying that Real Madrid had played the best game in the season, that is great!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2006, 10:27:00 am »
so the freddy adu to england rumors (or rumours) are flying again. sounds like he really wants to go to a big 4 team, which is a mistake

unless he decides to play for the u.s. or ends up on tyneside (might be a good fit, wont happen) i could really care less, but he should go (even if on loan) to a lower to mid table team where he can get on the pitch regularly with the first team

thoughts?
o/\o

« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2006, 10:33:00 am »
I go the the Birchmere for the food.

so the freddy adu to england rumors (or rumours) are flying again. sounds like he really wants to go to a big 4 team, which is a mistake

unless he decides to play for the u.s. or ends up on tyneside (might be a good fit, wont happen) i could really care less, but he should go (even if on loan) to a lower to mid table team where he can get on the pitch regularly with the first team

thoughts?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2006, 12:09:00 pm »
it blows my mind that you have 13000+ posts
o/\o

« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »
Damn, I'm so embarrassed.

it blows my mind that you have 13000+ posts

vansmack

« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2006, 01:05:00 pm »
  so the freddy adu to england rumors (or rumours) are flying again.  
Is he 18 yet?  I think he'll have to wait until the summer transfer window.

And yes he should go to England, and no it shouldn't be to a big 4, although it will be a big 4 team that signs him, and they'll put him on loan like the other US players that are on Big 4 Rosters (Spector, Howard, Rossi).

Perhaps Bobby Convey can show him the way here.  His career has certainly blossomed since he decided to play for Reading.  He should not talk to that little pusst Landon Donavon however, who couldn't cut it in Germany so he left.  Three times.
27>34