Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1413497 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #915 on: January 11, 2008, 05:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  how does that work? can i buy it when i get home or do i have to buy it in the afternoon and dvr it? does that even work    :(  
If it's going to be available, it should available somewhere between 24-48 hours before the match.  You can purchase it (online or direclty with your remote) and DVR it to watch when you get home (it usually stays on the DVR for a set amount of time - 24 hours to one week).  But I just don't know if there's a big enough market for it to be offered.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #916 on: January 11, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »
too bad its the fa cup, cause otherwise it would be on setanta xtra
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #917 on: January 12, 2008, 01:27:00 am »
Nicolas Anelka is set to sign for his 5th Premier League club after Bolton accepted what is believed to be a £15m fee for the French international striker from Chelsea. Anelka has already played for Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City and has been signed as a direct replacement for Didier Drogba, currently at the African Nations' Cup and believed to be exiting Stamford Bridge this summer.
  • [/url]
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #918 on: January 12, 2008, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Nicolas Anelka is set to sign for his 5th Premier League club after Bolton accepted what is believed to be a £15m fee for the French international striker from Chelsea. Anelka has already played for Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City and has been signed as a direct replacement for Didier Drogba, currently at the African Nations' Cup and believed to be exiting Stamford Bridge this summer.
  • [/url] [/b]
I know Didier Drogba, Didier Drogba was a friend of mine, and Nicholas Anelka is no Didier Drogba.

brennser

« Reply #919 on: January 12, 2008, 03:50:00 pm »
I think thats what they call a good, old-fashioned thrashing!

Originally posted by Brain Walrus:
  I hope they put Smith on the field because he'll get a standing ovation from the OT faithful...oh, and Butt.

It wouldn't surprise me if toon pull out a result this weekend because they'll have that siege mentality...I hope not, but stranger things have happened.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #920 on: January 12, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »
I guess Big Ol'Sam wasn't that bad after all!!!!
 I bet he's in the pub laughing his arse off right now!!!!!

It wasn't the final whistle, it was the mercy shot to put that poor magpie out of it's misery!!!

:p

godsshoeshine

« Reply #921 on: January 12, 2008, 06:13:00 pm »
except, they were his players that arent good enough. more proof that he should be out rather than handed a checkbook

or chequebook even   ;)
o/\o

Smylie

« Reply #922 on: January 12, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brain Walrus:

Originally posted by vansmack:
  • [/url] [/b]
I know Didier Drogba, Didier Drogba was a friend of mine, and Nicholas Anelka is no Didier Drogba. [/b]
As a chelsea fan, I think that Anelka has been signed as a Drogba replaced only for the ACN.  No way are they expecting him to be their #1 next season if Didier leaves, which i still dont see happening.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #923 on: January 14, 2008, 11:12:00 am »
As a non-chealski fan, this upcoming summer will see players trying to leave stamford bridge like rats off a sinking ship, and the rich russian will probably sell off and go do something more interesting.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #924 on: January 14, 2008, 11:23:00 am »
i dont know that you could do much better than anelka with the system chelsea runs
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #925 on: January 14, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »
  i dont know that you could do much better than anelka with the system chelsea runs
Peter Crouch?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #926 on: January 14, 2008, 12:35:00 pm »
peter crouch still plays football? who knew
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #927 on: January 14, 2008, 12:53:00 pm »
  peter crouch still plays football? who knew
Replacing Drogba with Anelka tells me money bags is getting bored with the whole thing so his checkbook is staying in his pocket. That's like replacing your Ferrari with a toyota prius.

Summerteeth

« Reply #928 on: January 14, 2008, 12:56:00 pm »
No, Roman and Avram just wanted someone who is not cap tied for the CL.  I'm not sure there's anyone who fits that criteria that is significantly better.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #929 on: January 14, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »
a prius sounds way more practical    :o  

i know you hate anelka, but he can score in the prem in a similar system, with a far shittier team. like the judge says hes not cup tied. i would bet they bring in someone else for depth in the summer, but i totally hope romie is bored and punts the whole silly club
o/\o