Author Topic: Bands Reuniting....  (Read 8209 times)

DCNuman

Re: Bands Reuniting....
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2004, 12:18:00 am »
I've been watching this show too (P.O'ed that Holly Johnson nixed a reunion singalong...grrr!).  Got to wondering when VH1 will come knocking on Bob Mould's door down the street from the 9:30 club begging for Husker Du reunion. I can BET that ain't gonna happen!

grotty

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2004, 12:21:00 am »
Terri Nunn

I'm checking out the Sex (I'm a...) video now to see what all the Terri Nunn fuss is about

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2004, 10:58:00 am »
it's a shame that extreme isn't together anymore... seeing as the drummer now manages the likes of godsmack  :eek: , cold  :eek:  , and fuel   :eek:    :eek:    :eek: .
T.Rex

mankie

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2004, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by brennser:

Same could be said for the Housemartins
I'm with kosmo on this - totally disagree with you - still think their stuff sounds great [/b]
Consider the source lads....not coming from one of the greatest of music minds now is it?

mankie

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2004, 11:56:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  thumbs up on the frankie reunion show.  paul rutherford is listed as being a free spirit    :D  
Kajagoogoo hail from Leighton Buzzard!! Notice none of the scouse bands live in Liverpool now?

As for manc bands not reuniting, it's a manc thing....you wouldn't understand.

Let me give you a hint,

"Hi, I'm some chump from VH1 trying to reunite the band. are you interested?"
 "Fuck off"
 "No really, we are from VH1, we think it would be a great idea, and the fans of VH1 have voted your band one of the bands they'd like to see get back together"
 "I said fuck off yer twat"
 "Do you keep in touch with any of the band"
 "No, they're all fuckin tossers"
 "How about Bryan, you two were pretty close"
 "Yeah, until he turned into a knobead"
 "What do you mean?"
 "I mean he's a fuckin dickead...I'd twat him if I saw him...ere, you gettin me a pint er what?"

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2004, 12:56:00 pm »
that's some funny stuff...  and seeing that New Order and the Buzzcocks, the most famous 80's Manchester bands,  still retain most of the orginial members a trip to Manchester would not be in the cards.

Maybe VH-1 UK could do a hour long special of The Stone Roses, The Smiths, and The Happy Mondays all slagging each other, their record labels and producers off.  

although the seagulls guitarist at least lived near liverpool.  i love how he got his haircut before doing the show.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2004, 01:00:00 pm »
  it's a shame that extreme isn't together anymore... seeing as the drummer now manages the likes of godsmack   :eek:  , cold   :eek:   , and fuel    :eek:      :eek:      :eek:  .
I've never had more respect for Nuno Bettencourt in my life.  

Thank you Nuno for stopping that from happening!

If you guys hated "More than Words so Much", why was your second single "Hole Hearted" - another gay acoustic song?

Dramarama just wrapped up on my TiVo so I'm going to watch that now and reminisce about hanging out on the Strip when I was growing up.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2004, 03:07:00 pm »
i'm guessing a rather large NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO was heard in san fran at the end of the dramarama show, especially after the two ace songs from the reunion concert.  i dig the guitarist who is now a bulldozer operator.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2004, 04:13:00 pm »
  i'm guessing a rather large NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO was heard in san fran at the end of the dramarama show, especially after the two ace songs from the reunion concert.  i dig the guitarist who is now a bulldozer operator.
dude....good call.  You know me too well.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2004, 02:19:00 pm »
just watched the alarm reunite... and all i can say is PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do a proper reunion tour.  there are plently of us who will fork over the dosh to see ya live. i actually felt something stir inside during the live bit.  the episode went quite differently than I expected.  

the cities featured in this one were san fran, london, and making its series debut manchester  :)   and eddie must have a little mank in him cause he asked about the money involved   :D
T.Rex

mankie

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2004, 02:45:00 pm »
  just watched the alarm reunite... and all i can say is PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do a proper reunion tour.  there are plently of us who will fork over the dosh to see ya live. i actually felt something stir inside during the live bit.  the episode went quite differently than I expected.  

the cities featured in this one were san fran, london, and making its series debut manchester   :)    and eddie must have a little mank in him cause he asked about the money involved    :D  
Well there we have it...no need to watch it tonight, Kosmo already told us they get back together and do a gig.

Cheers, thanks, good man, saved me watching telly tonight.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2004, 02:52:00 pm »
well it was an hour long episode  :)  and they find dave sharp drinking in a mankville establishment and catch up with mike peters at a uni gig there also.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2004, 03:45:00 pm »
Sorry about that Mank.  Kosmo and I work from home and have the luxury of watching the morning broadcast of Bands Reunited.

I'll hold my comments until you've seen it, but watch it, you'll enjoy it.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2004, 04:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Sorry about that Mank.  Kosmo and I work from home and have the luxury of watching the morning broadcast of Bands Reunited.

I'll hold my comments until you've seen it, but watch it, you'll enjoy it.
If any of you two spoil the Squeeze episode for me I swear I will hunt you down and dissect you like a 4th grade science project.

When is that one on by the way?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2004, 05:04:00 pm »
tomorrow the last day of the series... i wonder if they'll do anymore?
T.Rex