Author Topic: aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.......  (Read 14770 times)

ggw

Re: aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.......
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2004, 03:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by edbert:
 Even according to AP, about 6000 civilians have been killed in Iraq.
You do realize that the majority of deaths are Iraqi on Iraqi?

mankie

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2004, 03:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by edbert:
 Even according to AP, about 6000 civilians have been killed in Iraq.
You do realize that the majority of deaths are Iraqi on Iraqi? [/b]
PHEW! That's okay then.

Do you also realize that most British deaths in Iraq have been Doodle on Brit?

J'Mal

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2004, 03:47:00 pm »
Where do you get the wacky notion that shock and awe killed 6k civilians?

Also --
 You are confusing the issue.

If the war was just, then the collateral damage, unfortunate as it is, 6k dead civilians, 60k dead civilians, is just as well.  think of a just war -- how about ww2?  the allies killed alot of innocent civilians.  that doesn't mean the allies were equivalent to terrorists.

If the war was unjust, then the deaths of innocent civilians is unjust.

However, even in that latter scenario, the purpose of the war -- even if it is a bad purpose (oil, revenge, whatever you want to believe) -- was not to kill innocent civilians.  And that is what differentiates it from terrorism.

As for the al qaeda deaths, which grotty first complained about but dropped, they unquestionably deserve to die and i hope we kill more of them.  as many as possible.  members of al qaeda are dedicated to killing us, after all.  it would be irrational to want them to live.

ggw

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2004, 03:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
Unfortunately, we haven't met our quota of 6000 yet.

ggw

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2004, 03:53:00 pm »
 PHEW! That's okay then.

I never said it was "okay."  I'm simply making sure that when statements such as "Dude, you don't kill 6000 civilians if you only blow up empty government buildings! How do you think they died, suicide?" are made, that everybody is clear on what's really happening.

ggw

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2004, 04:05:00 pm »
I think you're wrong:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

I see British helicopters colliding with one another, British tanks firing on one another, lots of traffic accidents and lots of killed in action.

brennser

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2004, 04:07:00 pm »
Takes a lot of charisma to compare a Jew to Hitler...

not really, only as much charisma as it took Jim Moran to blame the Jews for the war in iraq

mankie

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2004, 04:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

I think you're wrong:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

I see British helicopters colliding with one another, British tanks firing on one another, lots of traffic accidents and lots of killed in action. [/b]
I just made that shit up so you'd run off and research it.....which you did!

ggw

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2004, 04:25:00 pm »
 I just made that shit up so you'd run off and research it.....which you did!
You know me too well....

mankie

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2004, 04:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:

Takes a lot of charisma to compare a Jew to Hitler...

not really, only as much charisma as it took Jim Moran to blame the Jews for the war in iraq [/b]
Listen, I don't care for Moran, but I think the Jew/Iraq comment was taken out of context,.....I saw the interview on the news the day he said it and what I got from it was that it's Americas strong bias towards Israel in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict that caused Bush to act so swiftly and without any forethought in Iraq....and the jewish vote in the US had a lot to do with it...and I can't say I disagree with him, nobody can deny that the US is totally in bed with Israel and completely shafting the Palestinians on the issue.

Having said that, Moran is a Moron regardless.

edbert

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2004, 04:48:00 pm »
J'Mal, the terrorist purpose isn't to kill civilians: every terrorist group has a political agenda as their purpose.  Their method of pursuing that purpose is to blow up American stuff with civilians inside.  Equivalently, our purpose was not to kill civilians in Iraq.  Whatever our purpose was, our method of achieving it included blowing up stuff where there were Iraqi civilians

Wait a minute- I just checked my facts again and you guys are correct, the 6000 civilians actually got trampled by other Iraqis who were running out of nightclub doing a Brit-pop night!  That makes more sense

J'Mal

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2004, 04:55:00 pm »
edbert, your moral equivalence between war and terrorism is sick.  do you really not understand the distinction between targeting innocent people, and conducting a war for a political objective, even where the political objective is unjust?

innocent people die in war.  innocent people die in terrorist attacks.  but that does NOT mean that war and terrorist attacks are the same thing.

sonickteam2

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2004, 05:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by J'Mal:
  edbert, your moral equivalence between war and terrorism is sick.  do you really not understand the distinction between targeting innocent people, and conducting a war for a political objective, even where the political objective is unjust?

innocent people die in war.  innocent people die in terrorist attacks.  but that does NOT mean that war and terrorist attacks are the same thing.
but doesnt it bother you that the US didnt REALLY attack Iraq because of 9/11??  US attacked Iraq because they didnt like them, and Bush and pals wanted him out and to be able to establish of government to thier liking in the Middle East.
   nothing to do with WMD or terrorism.

and if that doesnt bother you, does it bother you that they LIED about why they were attacking Iraq?

and please dont call it "war".  In war, both sides are generally prepared and willing to fight. It was an attack.  I am suprised Franks didnt start taking Iraqis lunch money.

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2004, 05:04:00 pm »
I always thought J'Mal and Sonick were the same person...maybe not.

sonickteam2

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2004, 05:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I always thought J'Mal and Sonick were the same person...maybe not.
hahaha.  nope.  where did you get that?  I only have one name on here. sorry  :)