Author Topic: Starsailor review...  (Read 9754 times)

markie

Re: Starsailor review...
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 11:28:00 am »
Originally posted by stateless:
  not quite following with the discussion here, but...

i disagree with a lot of that review...
So do I. I think the "Spectorized" tracks are the strongest. I still think the album is not nearly as good as their first.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2004, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by Mr. Unctuous:
  The thread title is "Starsailor review". I was simply doing just that, posting a Starsailor review. If this is a private discussion, why post it on an internet chatboard where everyone is allowed to comment?

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  he's implying that yet again he has to butt into peoples discussion with another negative statement.
[/b]
"The Express said Starsailor and Elbow were the next Coldplay. So glad there will be more bands like Coldplay! They're amazing!"   that is what you originally offered.  Before you posted the review Rhett. dont pretend you dont remember being a buttmunch before posting the review.

what does unctous mean anyway?

markie

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2004, 11:34:00 am »

mankie

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2004, 11:37:00 am »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  Dictionary
I love this board....I get to learn new words all the time.

stateless

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2004, 11:42:00 am »

Originally posted by stateless:
  not quite following with the discussion here, but...

i disagree with a lot of that review...
So do I. I think the "Spectorized" tracks are the strongest. I still think the album is not nearly as good as their first. [/b]
I had a very different reaction to the 2nd album...some songs were more immediate, but as a whole, I guess the first album did make sense to me sooner.  That said, after listening to a number of songs on SIE a few more times, I grew to love them.  It's like all of a sudden I got it.  They made sense.  A couple of those songs I was iffy about at first are now my favorites on the album.  I definitely agree that 'Silence is Easy' is one of the stronger songs on there though...not so sure about 'White Dove.'

paige

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2004, 01:51:00 pm »
  I intend to go. I will do it.

Rhett, die!
fight to the death! please! that would be smashing!

Celeste

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2004, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by tiia:
  maybe Im being too wax-intellectual about this
to the contrary, dear

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2004, 04:00:00 pm »
Ok, so I posted a bit of the review from the Express, with my own positive commentary tacked on.

I thought perhaps the Coldplay comparison might be helpful for the person wrinting the review for BY. Perhaps they could refute is as part of their review, or agree with it. eg: Some critics have compared Starsailor to Coldplay. This seems a bit redicuous based on their performance Sunday night, blah blah blah...

Originally posted by Mr. Unctuous:
  The thread title is "Starsailor review". I was simply doing just that, posting a Starsailor review. If this is a private discussion, why post it on an internet chatboard where everyone is allowed to comment?

he's implying that yet again he has to butt into peoples discussion with another negative statement.
[/b]
"The Express said Starsailor and Elbow were the next Coldplay. So glad there will be more bands like Coldplay! They're amazing!"   that is what you originally offered.  Before you posted the review Rhett. dont pretend you dont remember being a buttmunch before posting the review.

what does unctous mean anyway? [/b]

redsock

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2004, 05:26:00 pm »
Is the two for one special with the Starsailor show actually real? Where does it actually say this? I might get dragged to the show if it is, but i want to be sure first.

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2004, 05:34:00 pm »
Yes, it's for real. They do it for shows that nobody seems to be buying tickets for. Print out the coupon from the email and bring to the box office the night of show.

Originally posted by redsock:
  Is the two for one special with the Starsailor show actually real? Where does it actually say this? I might get dragged to the show if it is, but i want to be sure first.

redsock

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2004, 05:37:00 pm »
Ah, its an e-mail....gotcha...yeah, they refuse to send me those things for some reason. Does someone want to hook a brother up?

ratioci nation

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2004, 05:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  Ah, its an e-mail....gotcha...yeah, they refuse to send me those things for some reason. Does someone want to hook a brother up?
i will check my email when I get home and see if I have it, if so, I will forward

redsock

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2004, 05:56:00 pm »
thanks pollard....i knew someone loves me...

redsock

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2004, 06:12:00 pm »
pollard no worries...someone else loves me too, i got it. but thanks.

lily1

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2004, 09:23:00 pm »
i'm really surprised by this 2 for 1 deal--starsailor filled the place about 1/2 last year--not to bad for a one album band. they've gotten more hype this time around so, while not expecting a sellout, i was expecting an equal to or better than turnout than prior.