Author Topic: Shut up  (Read 4537 times)

J'Mal

Shut up
« on: January 23, 2004, 12:39:00 pm »
yes, the election is very exciting, but so is the concert.   take your nerd conversations outside while the band is performing.  

thank you.

ratioci nation

Re: Shut up
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »
and also, please dont talk about how you cant see the whole time, so that the people who can see, cant hear

J'Mal

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 12:47:00 pm »
oh pollard, i got a combo story for you, then...

during the really beautiful quiet song with the 3 part harmony, forget what its called, the big nerd chief, capital gang cocksucker wannabe turned his back to the stage, got in his nerd friends' faces and started saying stuff like, "i wonder how long i can stare at you guys and make you uncomfortable."

i really wanted to smack him but the dc jail is a bad place to be, and i want to be able to see shows at the 9.30 in the future.

mankie

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 01:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by J'Mal:

during the really beautiful quiet song with the 3 part harmony, forget what its called, the big nerd chief, capital gang cocksucker wannabe turned his back to the stage, got in his nerd friends' faces and started saying stuff like, "i wonder how long i can stare at you guys and make you uncomfortable."

i really wanted to smack him but the dc jail is a bad place to be, and i want to be able to see shows at the 9.30 in the future.
You met GGW then...what show was it?

keithstg

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 01:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  and also, please dont talk about how you cant see the whole time, so that the people who can see, cant hear
We must have been standing near each other. That was awful, as are cell phone cameras.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 01:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

You met GGW then...what show was it? [/b]
HAHAHAHAHA.

ahem.

ratioci nation

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 02:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by keithstg:
  That was awful, as are cell phone cameras.
that was awful, and several people answered phone calls during the encore

keithstg

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 03:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

Originally posted by keithstg:
  That was awful, as are cell phone cameras.
that was awful, and several people answered phone calls during the encore [/b]
Yep. I wonder why most people have figured out not to answer cell phones in restaurants, set them on vibrate, etc., but somehow the same doesn't apply to concerts.

J'Mal

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
Hey seth, why not just make a little announcement before the show, like, please be respectful of folks who are here to listen to the music.  it  doesnt have to be like the shushmere or anything... just, make people aware... i'll bet the announcement gets a big cheer from the crowd and then the nerds are a bit more sensitive...

Sir HC

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2004, 03:24:00 pm »
This from the Gomez show.  What about the dolt who kept going "Gomez on my shoes!".  What the hell is that?

mankie

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2004, 04:07:00 pm »
  Hey seth, why not just make a little announcement before the show, like, please be respectful of folks who are here to listen to the music.  it  doesnt have to be like the shushmere or anything... just, make people aware... i'll bet the announcement gets a big cheer from the crowd and then the nerds are a bit more sensitive...
I think it has much more of an impact if the band tell them to shut the hell up!

Sir HC

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2004, 04:10:00 pm »
And who will make this request?  The sound man, Thatguy, some HFS dj?  I know I wouldn't want to be the one saying it to a crowd of punks.  These @$$holes will talk through the announcement and not realize what was said.

J'Mal

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2004, 05:11:00 pm »
It depends on how you say it.

If you make it like a public service announcement, it is lame.  If the band says it, they look lame.  If some club person says it, like, "it's cool if you talk, but don't blab during the whole show about howard dean's tax policy because it ain't the fucking capital gang," well, i'll clap!

mankie

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2004, 05:25:00 pm »
SOLUTION!

Instead of that blob stamp you get when carded at the door, they just have a new rubber stamp made, "SHUT YER GOB"...simply stated yet effective I think.

thirsty moore

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2004, 05:34:00 pm »
Man, I can't even imagine what people at the office would think the next day.  You could sit in a meeting and point to your hand the whole time the CEO is talking.

Originally posted by mankie:
  SOLUTION!

Instead of that blob stamp you get when carded at the door, they just have a new rubber stamp made, "SHUT YER GOB"...simply stated yet effective I think.