Author Topic: Site for next Forum gathering...  (Read 5683 times)

Bags

Site for next Forum gathering...
« on: March 30, 2004, 02:52:00 pm »
Came across this in a Post chat transcript, sounds perfect.  Come on, better than Polly Esthers?!?

Rosslyn Gal: Hi GOGs!

What is up with Tequila Beach - has anyone been? I keep getting e-mails about the place and want to find out what it's like and if it is worth a night out there.

Thanks for your help!!

The Going Out Gurus: I went briefly two weeks ago before heading off on vacation, and honestly, it's like a little bit of Ocean City right on F Street. Same owner as Baltimore's Baja Beach Club, so you have the girls in bikini tops selling overpriced beers out of ice buckets on the corner of the dance floor, fairly cheesy hip-hop music, large bars with a coral-reef theme and a tiki bar upstairs. What really amused me were the huge mechanical sharks hanging from the ceiling and the huge stone Tiki head carved into the wall -- they look like props from the old Scooby Doo Mysteries. I don't know that I'd spend a night there, but it may be a good spot for cheesy fun -- and a much better option than Polly Esther's around the corner. -- Fritz

Re: Site for next Forum gathering...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
You really do have one of those jobs where you do absolutely, positively nothing work related yet still get paid, don't you?

ggw

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 03:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Friend of Guy Balls:
  You really do have one of those jobs where you do absolutely, positively nothing work related yet still get paid, don't you?
She works in your office?

brennser

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 03:05:00 pm »
poorballball
 Member # 749

posted 03-26-2004 02:29 PM                      
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 My gym is actually part of my workplace. It gives me something to do for when I need a break from posting on the board.  

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 03:09:00 pm »
Hey, what can I say. I have a slef-depracating sense of humor. At least I'm not reading through random Washington Post chat threads.

Originally posted by brennser:

poorballball
 Member # 749

posted 03-26-2004 02:29 PM                      
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 My gym is actually part of my workplace. It gives me something to do for when I need a break from posting on the board.  
[/b]

ggw

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 03:24:00 pm »
  Hey, what can I say. I have a slef-depracating sense of humor. At least I'm not reading through random Washington Post chat threads.

You have a sense of humor?

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 03:26:00 pm »
Yes, unlike you, I can make fun of myself and not spend my entire life trying to prove how much better I am than everyone else.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

You have a sense of humor? [/b]

ggw

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 03:27:00 pm »
  Yes, unlike you, I can make fun of myself and not spend my entire life trying to prove how much better I am than everyone else.

Thanks for proving my point!!

GGW - 1
 Rhett - 0

Venerable Bede

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 03:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Came across this in a Post chat transcript, sounds perfect.  Come on, better than Polly Esthers?!?

Rosslyn Gal: Hi GOGs!

What is up with Tequila Beach - has anyone been? I keep getting e-mails about the place and want to find out what it's like and if it is worth a night out there.

Thanks for your help!!

The Going Out Gurus: I went briefly two weeks ago before heading off on vacation, and honestly, it's like a little bit of Ocean City right on F Street. Same owner as Baltimore's Baja Beach Club, so you have the girls in bikini tops selling overpriced beers out of ice buckets on the corner of the dance floor, fairly cheesy hip-hop music, large bars with a coral-reef theme and a tiki bar upstairs. What really amused me were the huge mechanical sharks hanging from the ceiling and the huge stone Tiki head carved into the wall -- they look like props from the old Scooby Doo Mysteries. I don't know that I'd spend a night there, but it may be a good spot for cheesy fun -- and a much better option than Polly Esther's around the corner. -- Fritz
while most of us, well, at least smackie and i, are always up for the cheese factor, i don't think that this is the best of ideas for a group gathering.  

plus, it's not like ocean city is the ideal beach locale to be emulating.
OU812

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 03:34:00 pm »
I am not sure what game you are playing, but you're the only little boy playing.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Thanks for proving my point!!

GGW - 1
 Rhett - 0 [/b]

ggw

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 03:38:00 pm »
  I am not sure what game you are playing, but you're the only little boy playing.

GGW - 2
 Rhett - 0

godsshoeshine

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 03:39:00 pm »
i bet girls dance on the bars there
  :(
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 03:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  while most of us, well, at least smackie and i, are always up for the cheese factor, i don't think that this is the best of ideas for a group gathering.  

plus, it's not like ocean city is the ideal beach locale to be emulating.
While Venerable speaks the truth on cheese, he is even more right about The East Coast version of "The OC".  Way too bottom the of the barrel, even for me.  

I once saw a "dance off" between two guys for a girl that was about a 5 at best on the smackster scale at a club Ocean City, and this was in like 2002.  A dance off can not be tolerated, even for a 10, but for a 5?  After waiting for someone to start laughing and the hidden cameras to come out because I was surely being punked, I promptly set my can of Foster's (the only "premium" beer in the place) down on the bar and walked out.
27>34

thirsty moore

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 03:48:00 pm »
I thought this sort of thing only happened in bad 80's movies.  

Originally posted by vansmack:

I once saw a "dance off" between two guys for a girl that was about a 5 at best on the smackster scale at a club Ocean City, and this was in like 2002.  A dance off can not be tolerated, even for a 10, but for a 5?  After waiting for someone to start laughing and the hidden cameras to come out because I was surely being punked, I promptly set my can of Foster's (the only "premium" beer in the place) down on the bar and walked out. [/b]

Bags

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2004, 03:53:00 pm »
I proudly print out the Going Out Gurus chat every Friday and read it over the weekend, not in my office.  I was looking up info on a lunch place and remembered the hysterical discussion on Teguila Beach...didn't mean to interrupt the important work of the board with anything funny.

I'm either swamped at work working 12 hour days and over weekends, or waiting for my next deadline.  Currently waiting for my next deadline.  I can assure you I put in more than my time, workwise.  As if you give a shit.

I don't post on a bunch of other boards, by the way -- I'm sure that frees up some time for me to be looking at newpaper sites, etc.