Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 30338 times)

Darth Ed

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2006, 10:42:00 am »
I don't so much care where people stop at stop signs, just so long as they stop. I hate it when drivers don't come to full and complete stops at stop signs. Stop signs aren't optional just because there isn't a cop around, and they don't mean "just slow down."

I hate it when drivers don't signal when changing lanes. This area is rampant with such people. I've never seen so much lane changing without signalling before I moved here.

ggw

« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2006, 10:44:00 am »
Turn signals are a sign of weakness.

« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2006, 11:17:00 am »
Amen to that.

Originally posted by Darth Ed:

I hate it when drivers don't signal when changing lanes. This area is rampant with such people. I've never seen so much lane changing without signalling before I moved here.

BookerT

« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2006, 11:41:00 am »
amen to that.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Turn signals are a sign of weakness.

« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2006, 12:03:00 pm »

Sir HC

« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2006, 01:07:00 pm »
RE: people not stopping at stop signs.  Worst in neighborhoods where you are tooling along with the right of way and these ass-clowns fly through the stop sign and barely stop before slamming into your car as if that is where they planned to stop.

« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2006, 01:50:00 pm »
While I'm not a fan of long nails on women, it's tolerable as long as it's not my wife. What is downright gross is untrimmed, long fingernails on men.

nkotb

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2006, 01:54:00 pm »
Have you been saving up the negativity all morning, or does it just come naturally after lunch?  :D  

Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  While I'm not a fan of long nails on women, it's tolerable as long as it's not my wife. What is downright gross is untrimmed, long fingernails on men.

« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2006, 01:56:00 pm »
Well I typically go running on the Mall at lunch time, as I did today. I guess it's the fatass tourists that are my inspiration.  :)

Originally posted by nkotb:
  Have you been saving up the negativity all morning, or does it just come naturally after lunch?   :D  

[/b]

Venerable Bede

« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2006, 02:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

Your argument is also mute....ever heard the words "Excuse me please"
people who spell "moot" as "mute."
OU812

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2006, 04:18:00 pm »
AMEN TO THAT.  This is why we only date guitar and bass players...

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2006, 05:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Originally posted by lily1:
  those free daily papers that people take into the station and then just leave them on the train. you point out that they left their paper and they just give you a dirty look and walk off the train. what, you're too f'n good for the world to take your paper and drop it in the recycling box when you exit the station? wankers.
i'm of the opinion that i'm leaving the paper for the next person who may not have read it. [/b]
Thank god for people like you. I love when riders of the NY subway leave any newspaper behind. usually its free ones, but I don't care which one it is. Gives me something to read, and a free sudoku puzzle. (i then recycle the paper)  :)  

I do hate more than anything, when people leave food, drinks, spill the stuff in the subway. its disgusting as it is, so f'ing either dont spill the stuff or wait till youre off the subway.

and one last thing - why does the tallest person in the world (usually with a cowboy hat no less) have to sit directly in front of me at the movie theater, when the entire theater is nearly empty! god damn them. get there early and take the middle seat if its that important. that usually gets a really nasty comment out of me.
HeyLa

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2006, 05:22:00 pm »
I sometimes take the papers and recycle them, sometimes leave them for someone else.

I had one person follow me off the train and get up in my face and start throwing escalating accusations at me. This continued for the two or three minute walk from Metro to my work. When his tone grew more insistent and my asking him to please stop harrassing me did not dissuade him, I pushed him and told him to fucking leave me alone. He threatened to "go get a cop", but at that point I made it to the entrance to my building. If he had followed me into my buidling, I would have sicked security on him.

Originally posted by xneverwherex:

those free daily papers that people take into the station and then just leave them on the train. you point out that they left their paper and they just give you a dirty look and walk off the train. what, you're too f'n good for the world to take your paper and drop it in the recycling box when you exit the station? wankers.
i'm of the opinion that i'm leaving the paper for the next person who may not have read it. [/b]
Thank god for people like you. I love when riders of the NY subway leave any newspaper behind. usually its free ones, but I don't care which one it is. Gives me something to read, and a free sudoku puzzle. (i then recycle the paper)   :)  

I do hate more than anything, when people leave food, drinks, spill the stuff in the subway. its disgusting as it is, so f'ing either dont spill the stuff or wait till youre off the subway.

and one last thing - why does the tallest person in the world (usually with a cowboy hat no less) have to sit directly in front of me at the movie theater, when the entire theater is nearly empty! god damn them. get there early and take the middle seat if its that important. that usually gets a really nasty comment out of me. [/b]

« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2006, 05:23:00 pm »
Where do you live such that people where cowboy hats to the movies? Brokeback Mountain?

Originally posted by xneverwherex:

Thank god for people like you. I love when riders of the NY subway leave any newspaper behind. usually its free ones, but I don't care which one it is. Gives me something to read, and a free sudoku puzzle. (i then recycle the paper)   :)  

and one last thing - why does the tallest person in the world (usually with a cowboy hat no less) have to sit directly in front of me at the movie theater, when the entire theater is nearly empty! god damn them. get there early and take the middle seat if its that important. that usually gets a really nasty comment out of me. [/b]

Sir HC

« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2006, 06:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:

AMEN TO THAT.  This is why we only date guitar and bass players... [/b]
Watch out for those finger-picking guitar guys.  Some have some scary long nails on their picking hand.