Author Topic: Sometimes There Is So MUch Beauty in thje World  (Read 27728 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: Sometimes There Is So MUch Beauty in thje World
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 09:30:00 am »
you guys are fucking idiots.  stay away from that shit.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 09:35:00 am »
ok mom
o/\o

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 09:43:00 am »
mmmmm cow poop!

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 09:43:00 am »
you be betty is wise beyond her years.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 10:28:00 am »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  you guys are fucking idiots.  stay away from that shit.
Yes, listen to betty you fucking morons.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  Figured that's what GGW was talking about but have never before heard them called boomers.
it's kind of a southern/frat thing
(o|o)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »
I'm more scared of acid than I am of shrooms... although the story of  Bicycle Day certainly makes it seem compelling.

There's also some pretty compelling narrative in "Confessions of an English Opium-Eater," if you've ever been tempted to go that route.
_\|/_

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 07:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
  I've always found acid to be more manageable than mushrooms. I've never had a really bad experience on acid, even during the days of really pushing it with massive doses. But I had two incredibly bad trips on mushrooms, and I fear their power much more.
exact opposite for me.  never had a bad experience with psilocybin, whereas lsd has ripped my head off once or twice.
<sig>

you be betty

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 12:37:00 am »
NO MORER DRUGS

i like you guys i dont want you to die

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 01:23:00 am »
  NO MORER DRUGS
how about lesser drunking?   :p  

i like you guys i dont want you to die
aww, thanks betty, but drugs don't kill everyone everywhere and drugs are not all the same (weed <> heroin).  alcohol kills more people than drugs, but would you stop someone from enjoying a beer or two?
<sig>

snailhook

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 04:19:00 am »
yeah, enough with the proselytizing. hallucinogens can be incredibly therapeutic and harmless. it all depends on the individual's personality and stability, the dosage, and set and setting.

i've tripped over 200 times on acid, mushrooms, mescaline, and ecstasy, and i've never had a flashback, nor a bad trip. i've had some strange experiences, but nothing scary or frightening, and i choose to immerse myself in some pretty dark music/film/art. it's all about altering perception, bending reality, and breaking down barriers, some of which are negative influences in life.

i'm pretty sure i'm a productive member of society with a job and multiple friends. and i last took acid on saturday while watching judas priest and sabbath.

read aldous huxley's "doors of perception" and "heaven and hell" (fuck it, you should read any and all huxley anyway). he was around 58 when he first started experimenting with acid, and died when he was 68 (on a dose of 250 mg).

careful regulation and moderation is the key with hallucinogens. not everybody should experiment with them, but in the right hands, they can be wonderful.

you be betty

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 06:11:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  alcohol kills more people than drugs, but would you stop someone from enjoying a beer or two?
yes, but i do believe that unless you are an alcoholic, a beer or two will neither kill you nor have the same neural effects as an acid trip.  
 let's slyly forget that i posted last night after two drinks (me=low tolerance).  ha ha, i know, ironic - next time i heed my own advice...but still, do not ever drink lethal amounts on a regular basis, so do not consider myself to be doing anything strenuous to myself.

i do love LOVE how snailhook tells me to stop proselytizing as he launches into a three-paragraph post about how awesome and therapeutic hallucinogens and huxley are.  

the idea of doing acid or whatnot is certainly romanticized by those who have had great experiences with it - i am an artist and hippie at heart, but frankly, i would never touch something with such an unpredictable outcome.  not to mention the fact that all of these awesome substances can build up in your spinal cord - basically the backbone (pun intended) of your whole existence and functioning - and pop out to play at any given point in time.  i like my brain and body too much to do that much harm to it.  snailhook, if you have tripped over 200 times, don't try to tell me that you haven't fucked yourself up.

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 07:18:00 am »
Thanks for sharing, but I'll pass.

Originally posted by snailhook:
  yeah, enough with the proselytizing. having safe sex with hiv infected prostitutes can be incredibly therapeutic and harmless. it all depends on the individual's personality and stability, set and setting, and the condom not breaking.

i've fucked over 200  black, asian, and white hos, and i've never had an std, nor a bad condom. i've had some strange experiences, but nothing scary or frightening, and i choose to immerse myself in some pretty dark meat. it's all about altering perception, bending reality, and breaking down barriers, some of which are negative influences in life.

i'm pretty sure i'm a productive member of society with a job and multiple friends. and i last had safe sex with an hiv infected prostitute on saturday while watching judas priest and sabbath.

read aldous huxley's "doors of perception" and "heaven and hell" (fuck it, you should read any and all huxley anyway). he was around 58 when he first started experimenting with hooker sex, and died when he was 68.

careful regulation and moderation is the key with prostitutes. not everybody should experiment with them, but in the right hands, they can be wonderful.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 07:22:00 am »
 yes, but i do believe that unless you are an alcoholic, a beer or two will neither kill you nor have the same neural effects as an acid trip.  
what exactly are these effects?  i fear, betty, that you've bought in to the hype.  BTW, alcohol is killer on the liver.  again - no more alcohol?

i do love LOVE how snailhook tells me to stop proselytizing as he launches into a three-paragraph post about how awesome and therapeutic hallucinogens and huxley are.  
but he wasn't telling others what they should and shouldn't do (aka proselytizing).  he gave his opinion and experience, but no recommended course of action.

i would never touch something with such an unpredictable outcome.  not to mention the fact that all of these awesome substances can build up in your spinal cord
please show me a single credible scientific article that backs up your spinal chord accumulation assertion... you won't find any.  it's all hype and lies, made up to scare impressionable folks.  reefer madness - hide the women and children!!!  seriously tho, i'm not going to tell you that drugs are harmless and everyone should indulge.  however, let's stay away from lies and scare-the-schoolchildren boogeymen, m'kay?
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 07:42:00 am »
I've never taken a hallucinogen and most likely never will because I think they're not for me. But who am I to tell anyone what they can and can't ingest?

The spine myth has been debunked scientifically; in fact, LSD is most likely out of your system before the trip itself is completely over. Maybe you should stop taking everything that everyone older than you (myself and everyone on this board included) has told you about drugs at face value and do some reading of unbiased scientific sources instead?

P.S. If you don't think hallucinogens can serve a purpose, re-read the first 15 or so posts of this thread again and try to not laugh.

GGW's eating them brightened up many of our days for a few seconds and if nothing else, that alone made his eating them worthwhile.
احمد