Author Topic: The Stooges Roll Call  (Read 18918 times)

terry

Re: The Stooges Roll Call
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2007, 12:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  what amuses me is that right at beginning of their set, while the band was sauntering on stage to take their places, there was Iggy jumping up and down like a anxious little kid on the side of stage waiting to get the party started.
I saw that too--it was one of my hightlights.  He was like a caged bull wanting to let loose. Watching Iggy seconds before he jumped onstage trying to get the band going so he could let it rip--totally started it off for me. What a force of nature...

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2007, 12:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I was 5'-6' back from the stage just on Iggy's right. I was close enough to touch Iggy on a few occasions; however, the idea of touching Iggy just didnâ??t appeal to me.

trust me, you didn't miss out on anything.  

in case anyone is wondering, iggy has no tan lines.  i wish i didn't know that.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:

I was 5'-6' back from the stage just on Iggy's right. I was close enough to touch Iggy on a few occasions; however, the idea of touching Iggy just didnâ??t appeal to me.

in case anyone is wondering, iggy has no tan lines.  i wish i didn't know that. [/b]
I know Iggy is clean nowadays but he definitely wasn't "Saying No To Crack" last night   :p

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »
the audience was a pretty wide ranging in age as well, it's not often at the club where i'm in the middle as far as age goes.  didn't see any "celebs" but the guitarist for the Slickee Boys was there...
T.Rex

TheREALHunter

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by terry:

Originally posted by kosmo:
  what amuses me is that right at beginning of their set, while the band was sauntering on stage to take their places, there was Iggy jumping up and down like a anxious little kid on the side of stage waiting to get the party started.
I saw that too--it was one of my hightlights.  He was like a caged bull wanting to let loose. Watching Iggy seconds before he jumped onstage trying to get the band going so he could let it rip--totally started it off for me. What a force of nature... [/b]
The shit Iggy pulled at beginning of their set at Randalls Island in '04 was fucking classic, Little Steven was backstage interviewing a couple people (shown to the audience via monitors) and trying to stage a big buildup to the Stooges set (as they were the headliners) when I see the guys tuning up their instruments and then out of nowhere Iggy busts out from the middle of the stage area looking like an uncaged tiger, goes to the mic and says something to the effect of "let's fucking go" and they started playing right over Little Steven's yapping ass HAHA

andyrichter

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:

in case anyone is wondering, iggy has no tan lines.  i wish i didn't know that. [/b]
is he also 100% shaved as far as you can tell?  inquiring minds want to know.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by andyrichter:
 i don't know what it looked like from the balconies but people were going nuts and rightly so because the stooges went for the god damn kill straight from the beginning
It looked kick ass from the balcony.  I was (as usual) on one of the bar stools upstairs above the VIP.  I was sitting there (well kind of sitting anyway) really wishing that I didnt have 50+ pieces of titanium inside me and that I could be down there with my people!  Iggy on stage made me and my friend Kim forget all about the drunk douche bag asshole earlier in the evening.  This will be one of those shows that gets talked about for a long time.
FUKIT

TheDirector217

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »

floyd1975

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2007, 12:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
 It looked kick ass from the balcony.  I was (as usual) on one of the bar stools upstairs above the VIP.  I was sitting there (well kinbd of sitting anyway) really wishing that I didnt have 50+ pieces of titanium inside me and that I could be down there with my people!  Iggy on stage made me and my friend Kim forget all about the drunk douche bag asshole earlier in the evening.  This will be one of those shows that gets talked about for a long time.
When I got there at about 11:20 or so, there was some drunk guy who, I guess, pushed someone and was yelling at a cop outside.  He looked a little ridiculous.  Was that the guy?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2007, 01:08:00 pm »
Yeah, the tough guy pushed Kim off her barstool for who cares why.  I was the long hair guy with glasses talking to Josh and the cop about the deal.  It was all taken care of very well and the night all in all was great.  Seeing Iggy made me realize that I am not the only person 50+ who still does not know what he wants to be when he grows up!   :)
FUKIT

conorh98

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2007, 02:03:00 pm »
How is Iggy 60? The last show I saw was the Pogues, and Shane just turned 50 and had to be pushed in a wheelchair up to the mic. Imitating the moves Iggy did last night leaves me winded after about 30 seconds. And I had those foam earplugs, and still have a bit of ringing this morning. I don't think he's human.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »
I bet Iggy could get one hell of an endorsement deal from geritol should he ever venture down that lane!
FUKIT

twangirl

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by andyrichter:
 . [/qb]
is he also 100% shaved as far as you can tell?  inquiring minds want to know. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Ugh. Speak for yourself.