Author Topic: The Stooges Roll Call  (Read 18920 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: The Stooges Roll Call
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2007, 10:27:00 am »
that rider appears to be as famous as the band now

jos even has his own  website
T.Rex

TheDirector217

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2007, 10:36:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I loved the older, gray-haired, British guy in the sportcoat.  He was everywhere; apparently engaged as the "fixer."

Cymbals need tightening?  Check.
 Sound levels on the monitors?  Check.
 Extra water?  Check.
 Personal bodyguard?  Check.
 New mic stand?  Check.
 The Sistas need More towels?  Check.
 Someone needs to stick a hand down Iggy's pants to keep him from falling?   Check
Yeah, that Mr. Belvedere cat was killin' me.  He was multi-tasking like no one's business.

ggw

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2007, 10:38:00 am »
I was 5'-6' back from the stage just on Iggy's right. I was close enough to touch Iggy on a few occasions; however, the idea of touching Iggy just didnâ??t appeal to me.

Originally posted by nkotb:
  I can't believe I didn't see you!  I was up there the entire time as well.  

Although, my back is none too happy with me for getting front and center.
[/b]

Vas Deferens

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2007, 10:41:00 am »
Afraid you'd like it too much?

I was 5'-6' back from the stage just on Iggy's right. I was close enough to touch Iggy on a few occasions; however, the idea of touching Iggy just didnâ??t appeal to me.

[/b]
[/QB]
(_|_)

meeper_99

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2007, 10:41:00 am »
Great show

My only question:  why did they play "I Wanna Be Your Dog" twice?

nkotb

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2007, 10:47:00 am »
So I was by two black guys up front last night, and I was so tempted to ask if either was The Director.  But I thought nothing would sound lamer than a geeky white guy drenched in sweat asking two big black dudes in the pit if they posted regularly on a message board.  Were you up front at all?

I have to saw, I was bummed I didn't get a chance to meet up with anyone.  I tried leaving early with the intent on stopping by DC9, but traffic and no parking had me getting to the club just prior to the Stooges hitting the stage.  

Oh, and I know why they played "Dog" twice...BECAUSE IT FUCKING SLAYS!

Originally posted by TheDirector217:
 Yeah, that Mr. Belvedere cat was killin' me.  He was multi-tasking like no one's business.

TheDirector217

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2007, 11:01:00 am »
  So I was by two black guys up front last night, and I was so tempted to ask if either was The Director.  But I thought nothing would sound lamer than a geeky white guy drenched in sweat asking two big black dudes in the pit if they posted regularly on a message board.  Were you up front at all?

I have to saw, I was bummed I didn't get a chance to meet up with anyone.  I tried leaving early with the intent on stopping by DC9, but traffic and no parking had me getting to the club just prior to the Stooges hitting the stage.  

Oh, and I know why they played "Dog" twice...BECAUSE IT FUCKING SLAYS!

Originally posted by TheDirector217:
[/b]
The one with the shades on. That would have been me.  I was left center of the stage about 10' - 15' back.

And as far as "Dog" twice, I was thinking "Damn, that shit rocks! I wouldn't mind hearing that again."  Sure enough, my wish was granted . . . . . My ears are still halfway ringing & I fuckin love it.  I'm still on a high from the show. That shit was    :eek:   !!!  

On another note, SUPER shout out to my man S Dot Cell.  I got a chance to build & cool out with him last night. Real good people right there.  Can't wait for Wolfmother . . . .

I see a pretty thing . . . . . near the wall . . . NEAR THE WALL!!! . . . . NEAR THE WALL! NEAR THE WALL!  

COTDAMN Iggy Pop fuckin' rocks!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2007, 11:18:00 am »
looking at previous setlists the second "I Wanna Be Your Dog" is standard as was the order of much of the songs.  This time they are swapping out some of the songs from Pop's last solo disc "Skull Ring" for the new Stooges record.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2007, 11:24:00 am »
what amuses me is that right at beginning of their set, while the band was sauntering on stage to take their places, there was Iggy jumping up and down like a anxious little kid on the side of stage waiting to get the party started.
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2007, 11:26:00 am »
i have a feeling that last night's show is going to make a lot of people's "best shows of 2007" list.  iggy is such an amazing performer.

the only person that made it was TheDirector - damn cool dude, had ourselves a rip-roaring time.  saw Joe M inside the club and chatted outside after the show, then bumped into kosmo and ggw™.  

oh... good morning y'all  :)
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2007, 11:34:00 am »
Why is it that I just cannot stop smiling today?
FUKIT

floyd1975

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2007, 11:40:00 am »
You think if we asked nicely they would do an encore performance tonight?

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2007, 11:53:00 am »
Ears still ringing.
 I think my brain has melted.
 Worth every penny.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2007, 11:55:00 am »
unless they add some quality openers to Wolfmother we should go stink up some joint prior to the show.
T.Rex

andyrichter

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2007, 11:57:00 am »
i think it's safe to say this will end up being one of my favorite shows of the year.    :D  

that first band was a complete and utter joke.  i thought it was hilarious every time the bassist tried to get the crowd involved by getting the handclap going and everyone would just continue doing what they were doing which was either stare blankly back (dudes looking at the backup singers most likely) with arms folded or be talking amongst themselves.  i clocked em in at under a 25 minute set thank god.

sistas in the pit got a good crowd response and i thought deservedly so.  they were way pumped to be there and i thought warmed up the crowd well.  impressive looking mohawk on the drummer by the way.  

iggy and the fucking stooges.  GOD DAMN.  i was on the floor center and i noticed a lot of people jockeying for position.  and of course none of that mattered when the band came out and started playing because it was just a total frenzy down there.   i don't know what it looked like from the balconies but people were going nuts.  and rightly so because the stooges went for the god damn kill straight from the beginning with loose, down on the street, 1969, tv eye, i wanna be your dog.  it was just bang bang bang one after another.  fun house. no fun.  dirt.  just incredible.  i'm still not a fan of the new record but i found myself nodding along to the new ones.  i'd never seen iggy before but he's definitely amongst the best frontmen i've ever seen. and i refuse to believe he's 60.  big props to mike watt and the asheton brothers for leveling the place.  the sound was mean and loud just like i expected.  and it was also great to see a wide mix of people there.  everybody seemed to get along and i don't think i saw 1 fight the whole night.  and finally, thank you to seth for bringing the stooges to the 930 club.  what an amazing night you enabled us to see!