Author Topic: iphone  (Read 378118 times)

ggw

Re: iphone
« Reply #855 on: October 17, 2011, 05:51:51 pm »

so the iphone, ipod and ipad are all made in China?

Yes, but they are "Designed by Apple in California" so everything's OK.

vansmack

« Reply #856 on: October 17, 2011, 06:43:07 pm »
lovely..

guess its not good enough to be a paying customer since 2002..

This has been dead for years.  It was a Holiday 2006 perk and lasted for about 6 months for new customers and those that added a 2nd line.  Honestly, you had to try hard NOT to hear about it if you paid attention to at all.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #857 on: October 17, 2011, 07:56:34 pm »
any ideas on what new features will the nexus and nexus prime will be bringing over the S-II?

Sorry - I missed this when I originally viewed the thread.

The biggest difference is going to be a more effective use of screen real estate.  What I mean by that is that the next Nexus phone is not going to have any physical buttons on the face of the phone.  It will be screen only with 3 buttons across the bottom of the screen that act in place of what you see with today's physical buttons.  When you want to watch something in full screen or want to use an app in full screen mode, the touch buttons disappear. 

In effect, you'll be getting a 4.5-4.6 inch screen with the phone physically being what you'd expect with a 4.0-4.3 inch sized phone.

And of course a pure version of Ice Cream Sandwich, or version 4.0 of Google's Android OS.  The GSII runs Gingerbread (or version 2.3.7) with a Samsung skin called "TouchWiz".  ICS will have dual core optimization for a snappy feel.  The GSII will be getting ICS, but probably not for about 6 months, based on Samsung's history.

The big question now is when will the new Nexus reach each individual carrier...   
27>34

hutch

« Reply #858 on: October 18, 2011, 09:14:10 am »
lovely..

guess its not good enough to be a paying customer since 2002..

This has been dead for years.  It was a Holiday 2006 perk and lasted for about 6 months for new customers and those that added a 2nd line.  Honestly, you had to try hard NOT to hear about it if you paid attention to at all.

Paid attention? To cell phone ads? Dude, I didn't even have a TV til last year. I don't sit around comparing cell phone plans!

Anyways if you hear of something good clue me in.. thanks.. we have two cells with sprint ..$30 a month...shitty old phones..wouldn't mind having an iphone but we're limited in how much we want to spend. Thanks.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #859 on: October 18, 2011, 12:45:54 pm »
Snide, sassy Siri has plenty to say

(CNN) -- By now, early adopters of the iPhone 4S, which has sold more than 4 million units since debuting on Friday, have no doubt taken Siri for a spin.

The voice-activated "personal assistant" is a talkative tool that helps schedule appointments, send and receive messages and perform any number of other routine tasks.

But for iPhone owners presented with the sci-fi dream of a computer that talks back in a robotic female voice, the temptation to test the app's more random -- and existential -- sides has been pretty overwhelming, too.

The Internet, always up for a chuckle, has noticed. Blog posts, tweets and even whole websites are popping up to share what happens when users start testing the boundaries of the app by peppering Siri with off-the-wall questions.

The findings? Siri can be a sometimes sassy, sometimes snide companion. And she's at least as fond of an inside joke as she is of reading you your e-mails.

continued: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/18/tech/mobile/siri-answers-iphone-4s/index.html

motherlode: http://shitthatsirisays.tumblr.com/page/2
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #860 on: October 25, 2011, 11:12:02 pm »
I pre-ordered mine on the 7th and just got it on Friday. First Iphone, still getting the hang of it but I like so far.

Hey Joe, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-wYknQtFw
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #861 on: October 27, 2011, 03:04:11 pm »
my coworker just bought the samsung galaxy SII....umm, too big of a phone IMO...
(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #862 on: October 27, 2011, 03:06:08 pm »
my coworker just bought the samsung galaxy SII....umm, too big of a phone IMO...

Small hands, eh?

(couldn't resist)

I think Sprint's variety of the GSII at 4.5 inches is too big for me as well, but isn't it nice that you have many options to choose  from?  And personally, I think 3.7 inches is too small for a phone.  4-4.2 inches si the sweet spot for screen size.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:08:00 pm by vansmack »
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #863 on: October 27, 2011, 03:57:50 pm »
i never knew someone could say, "i don't like them big."

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #864 on: October 27, 2011, 04:22:07 pm »
the size of the GSII's screen is a plus for me.  i end up using my phone quite a bit for work while on the road, and i can't stand the limited amount that you can display on most phones (blackberries are the worst).  i'll take all the pixels i can get.
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #865 on: October 28, 2011, 12:15:04 pm »
how big will the nexus prime be?
o/\o

Vas Deferens

« Reply #866 on: October 28, 2011, 12:20:46 pm »
it's nice to have a big screen for Angry Birds.

samsung can never compete with Apple products though cause the screens look cheap
(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #867 on: October 28, 2011, 12:39:50 pm »
samsung can never compete with Apple products though cause the screens look cheap

Super AMOLED+ is the best screen on the market.  I don't know where you're getting this stuff...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #868 on: October 28, 2011, 12:41:56 pm »
how big will the nexus prime be?

Screen size is 4.65 inches, however, without physical buttons on the phone, the entire phone size will be closer to a 4.3 inch screen:

27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #869 on: October 28, 2011, 12:51:51 pm »

Super AMOLED+ is the best screen on the market.  I don't know where you're getting this stuff...

i assume he's basing this off older samsungs, 'cause the amoled looks amazing.  best screen i've seen so far.
<sig>