Author Topic: Coachella roll call  (Read 5289 times)

bearman🐻

Coachella roll call
« on: April 25, 2005, 11:27:00 am »
Anyone going? I would imagine it's far fewer people this time around. Still a good lineup though.

sonickteam

Re: Coachella roll call
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 11:35:00 am »
please have fun for me, bunnyman!!! doesnt look to be so hot this year either!

I will be in Coachella withdrawal this year, and listening to all the bands at this years show.

other financial duty calls, but I'll be back next year, 100%!

distance

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 11:37:00 am »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Anyone going? I would imagine it's far fewer people this time around. Still a good lineup though.
it's not bad, but it's not as impressive as last year.  i found, though, that last year had too much that i wanted to see and there were too many schedule overlaps.

distance

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 11:41:00 am »
btw, i just checked out the forecast high for this upcoming weekend in indio... 20 degrees cooler than last year.  i hate you.

amnesiac

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 11:44:00 am »
I'll be there. This will be my first Coachella ever. Really wish I could've made it last year, although this year's lineup is still great. It's gonna be hard picking which bands to see. Some of my priorities would include Gang of Four, Arcade Fire, and Black Star. Weren't they supposed to announce a replacement for Cocteau Twins?

sonickteam

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 11:49:00 am »
Originally posted by buddha:
  It's gonna be hard picking which bands to see.  
just check the site on Thurs, thats the day they announce set times...giving you a good 36-48 hours to plan your attack! and dont be shy about bringing your "highlighted lineup" to the show with you, about 1 in 3 people are carrying one around!

distance

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 11:51:00 am »
Originally posted by white man from town:

Originally posted by buddha:
  It's gonna be hard picking which bands to see.  
just check the site on Thurs, thats the day they announce set times...giving you a good 36-48 hours to plan your attack! and dont be shy about bringing your "highlighted lineup" to the show with you, about 1 in 3 people are carrying one around! [/b]
yeah. i got a call while in some fast food parking lot outside albuquerque or vegas or somethign on my way out there warning me of all the overlaps (i hadn't had internet access for several days on the drive out there).. it was quite a bit disappointing to hear.

in a way i'd still kind of like to go this year, just for the sake of being out there again.  it seems weather-wise this year will be much more enjoyable.

bearman🐻

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 11:52:00 am »
20 degrees cooler?? Awesome!!  I see that some showers are predicted, but hey, it's not the end of the world. I'm so darn excited.

amnesiac

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 11:54:00 am »
Originally posted by distance:
  20 degrees cooler than last year.
That's great news! I was a bit worried I'd end up in the first aid tent...

distance

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  20 degrees cooler?? Awesome!!  I see that some showers are predicted, but hey, it's not the end of the world. I'm so darn excited.
yeah, i'd really like to find out what the exact temperatures were.  on the way to the festival grounds at around 11something AM, one of the thermometers we passed by said it was 103... at not-even-noon!

alex

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 12:11:00 pm »
I will be there again this year.  Definitely looking forward to the cooler temperatures...and the fact that we are at the Best Western in Indio this year and not some Motel 6, 50 miles out.  Hopefully we can walk and not have to sit in the goddamn dustbowl parking lot for an hour after the show.

grotty

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 12:24:00 pm »
I'm in.

If I get to see:
 Secret Machines
 Bloc Party
 and New Order
 it'll be well worth it

And I'll be missing the heat. Tho the tents may be a little more comfortable

sonickteam

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 12:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by The Artist Formerly Known As grotty:
   Tho the tents may be a little more comfortable
HA! if youre a chimp!!!! those saunas, i mean tents, didnt seem 1 degree cooler to me....they arent as hot maybe, but they are humid as all get out...

distance

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 01:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by white man from town:

Originally posted by The Artist Formerly Known As grotty:
   Tho the tents may be a little more comfortable
HA! if youre a chimp!!!! those saunas, i mean tents, didnt seem 1 degree cooler to me....they arent as hot maybe, but they are humid as all get out... [/b]
yeah.  exactly.  it's slightly better when they have the flaps open, but early in the day they were all closed and it was like baking in there, though you didn't have the sun pounding down on you.
 but seriously, this weekend shouldn't be nearly as bad.  85 degrees would be great for that festival.  even despite the heat and such i had a great time around the palm springs/palm desert area outside of the festival.  of my whole 3-week cross country trip, the coachella festival itself wasn't in the top 5 highlights of my trip.

bearman🐻

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 02:08:00 pm »
I am shooting to see the following:

New Order
 Gang of Four
 Bauhaus
 Bloc Party
 Arcade Fire
 M83
 Chemical Brothers
 Prodigy
 Weezer
 the Faint
 Nine Inch Nails
 Doves

I know I won't be able to see everyone...but ideally I'd love to see all those. It's a very solid line-up...I'll get to see Gang of Four and Bloc Party at the 9:30 if I miss them at Coachella though.