Author Topic: Black l.u.v. Fest  (Read 6532 times)

Black l.u.v. Fest
« on: September 14, 2005, 01:55:00 pm »
http://www.blackluvfest.info/index2.htm

This event sounds super! Anybody going? Maybe we could  organize a White l.u.v. Fest to run concurrently?

Guiny

Re: Black l.u.v. Fest
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 02:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Xavier Bush, Power Forward:

This event sounds super! Anybody going? Maybe we could  organize a White l.u.v. Fest to run concurrently?
Then they would say we were discriminating against them because "white" is in the title.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
Who is "they"?

We're all one race, my brother, the HUMAN race.

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Then they would say we were discriminating against them because "white" is in the title. [/b]

markie

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 02:07:00 pm »
Here y' are.

I think Rob Gee might be a renaissance man.

Guiny

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 02:13:00 pm »
  Who is "they"?

We're all one race, my brother, the HUMAN race.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

If its one race, then why is it called the Black l.u.v. Fest? Why can't we be one race my brother?

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 02:33:00 pm »
Up to 30 British students huddled among the thousands in the Superdome were forced to set up a makeshift security cordon to fend off abusive locals.

Jamie Trout, 22, an economics student from Sunderland, kept a record of his terrifying ordeal. He wrote: "It was like something out of Lord of the Flies - one minute everything is calm and civil, the next it descends into chaos. A man has been arrested for raping a seven-year-old in the toilet, this place is hell. The smell is horrendous, there are toilets overflowing and people everywhere."

Jamie, who had been coaching football to disabled children as part of the Camp America scheme, said people were shouting racial abuse at the Britons because they were white.

May the source be with you.

Guiny

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 02:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by clouds R²:
  Up to 30 British students huddled among the thousands in the Superdome were forced to set up a makeshift security cordon to fend off abusive locals.

Jamie Trout, 22, an economics student from Sunderland, kept a record of his terrifying ordeal. He wrote: "It was like something out of Lord of the Flies - one minute everything is calm and civil, the next it descends into chaos. A man has been arrested for raping a seven-year-old in the toilet, this place is hell. The smell is horrendous, there are toilets overflowing and people everywhere."

Jamie, who had been coaching football to disabled children as part of the Camp America scheme, said people were shouting racial abuse at the Britons because they were white.

May the source be with you.
So why isn't Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton whining about their rights?

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
 So why isn't Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton whining about their rights?
Racism works both ways.  There was a general perception afloat for the last few decades that black America was immune to being the perpetrators of racism, because they've been the traditional sufferers.  But I think that notion has gotten a bit stale as of late.  The highly vaunted race card appears to have lost some of it's trump power due to reports such as these.

ggw

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 03:22:00 pm »
Jesse Jackson doesn't care about white people

sacriforce

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 03:48:00 pm »
racism against blacks is still a deeply institutionalized practice in this country. so boo hoo, some lime - sorry - brits got yelled at - probably the only racially-motivated pickle they'll ever be in in their entire lives; but it doesn't make it right. The fact that they are white and can travel abroad for school puts them way ahead of most of the people who they were housed with.

so yeah, racism works both ways just like Mike Tyson beating on a 7 year old's a fair fight. I'm sure that kid can throw a punch - just like any black person can legitimately be a racist.

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 03:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by sacriforce:
  racism against blacks is still a deeply institutionalized practice in this country.
Have you personal experience with this, or is it merely your opinion?

Guiny

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
I'm sure if I walked down Martin Luther King Blvd, I'd be called every white name in the book, and probably killed, but would they consider it a hate crime? Probably not.

sacriforce

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 03:53:00 pm »
Anything I assert comes from first hand knowledge or experience. so yes.

sacriforce

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 03:55:00 pm »
  I'm sure if I walked down Martin Luther King Blvd, I'd be called every white name in the book, and probably killed, but would they consider it a hate crime? Probably not.
and your point is?

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 03:56:00 pm »
Well please share your experiences rather that spouting cliche as fact. And can your personal experiences really speak for every black persons experience in this country?

Originally posted by sacriforce:
  Anything I assert comes from first hand knowledge or experience. so yes.