Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2631721 times)

azaghal1981

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #1350 on: July 28, 2009, 03:32:39 pm »
Not really. They nailed everything they played.
Maybe it was a big letdown for those who had just found out about their existence the week prior and weren't familiar with their material (yes, I stole this post from the nkotb book of Joe digs).

a big letdown last time, why?.

I'm tempted to go to Polvo on saturday now.

احمد

nkotb

« Reply #1351 on: July 28, 2009, 03:35:19 pm »
BUUUUUURN.

Maybe it was a big letdown for those who had just found out about their existence the week prior and weren't familiar with their material (yes, I stole this post from the nkotb book of Joe digs).

a big letdown last time, why?.

I'm tempted to go to Polvo on saturday now.

edbert

« Reply #1352 on: July 29, 2009, 11:06:56 am »
Sat Aug 1 Clyde's Chevy Chase
The Stoners, tributo alla più grande Rock'n'Roll Band del mondo, The Rolling Stones, sono guidati dal cantante Domenico Scola (italo-americano proveniente da Haddon Heights, NJ) e da musicisti italiani. Il lineup per il tour di quest'anno comprende: Ugo Moretti, Maurizio Galanti, Tonino Grossi, Vincenzo Montalto, e da Philadelphia, PA - Dan Rendine.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1353 on: July 29, 2009, 11:10:48 am »
you can start walking today to see MBV tomorrow in Richmond!!

(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #1354 on: July 29, 2009, 11:16:40 am »
Sat Aug 1 Clyde's Chevy Chase
The Stoners, tributo alla più grande Rock'n'Roll Band del mondo, The Rolling Stones, sono guidati dal cantante Domenico Scola (italo-americano proveniente da Haddon Heights, NJ) e da musicisti italiani. Il lineup per il tour di quest'anno comprende: Ugo Moretti, Maurizio Galanti, Tonino Grossi, Vincenzo Montalto, e da Philadelphia, PA - Dan Rendine.

This is just my kind of show...although i'm not sure i will end up being able to attend thanks for posting!

azaghal1981

« Reply #1355 on: July 30, 2009, 02:04:41 am »
Is it me or was that Fleet Foxes show bland and generic (early)? They're one of those bands that if you've seen once, you've seen all of what they have to offer, I guess. On the other hand, both Espers sets killed. New stuff has me looking forward to the October release. FF are in desperate need of new material and more vocal range.

احمد

Driveway

« Reply #1356 on: July 30, 2009, 12:06:31 pm »
Is it me or was that Fleet Foxes show bland and generic (early)? They're one of those bands that if you've seen once, you've seen all of what they have to offer, I guess. On the other hand, both Espers sets killed. New stuff has me looking forward to the October release. FF are in desperate need of new material and more vocal range.

Are you kidding?  Espers might be the most boring band I have ever seen.  Fleet Foxes were great and the new songs sound really good.  I might be wrong, but I think they have already recorded their next album, or at least started to.

Did anyone attend the late show?  Were FF any different?

azaghal1981

« Reply #1357 on: August 03, 2009, 09:04:00 am »
What I caught of the Xavier Rudd set was a steaming pile of crap. I remember him being a cool novelty solo act but now he's put some awful generic jamband together. Lost my patience after roughly half an hour.

Run for cover was fun. Blondie, Weezer (Rivers impression was spot on!) and Cure cover bands were all really good.

This week:
Mogwai
Elbow
Girls
Kid Cudi/88 Keys
Skygreen Leopards
Mos Def
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:06:44 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1358 on: August 03, 2009, 09:11:07 am »
The Veils were fantastic!  Definitely one of the best this year so far. Who else made it?!

Elbow on Tuesday
Decemberists - Thursday at the Metro Chicago
Lolla - Friday-Sunday
(_|_)

nkotb

« Reply #1359 on: August 03, 2009, 09:11:40 am »
Where and when is that Girls show?  I'm itching to see something this week.

What I caught of the Xavier Rudd set was a steaming pile of crap. I remember him being a cool novelty solo act but now he's put some awful generic jamband together. Lost my patience after roughly half an hour.

Run for cover was fun. Blondie, Weezer (Rivers impression was spot on!) and Cure cover bands were all really good.

This week:
Mogwai
Elbow
Girls
Kid Cudi/88 Keys
Skygreen Leopards
Mos Def

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1360 on: August 03, 2009, 09:13:05 am »
Girls are opening for Los Campesinos at the 930 ... early show, nkotb...
(_|_)

nkotb

« Reply #1361 on: August 03, 2009, 09:14:24 am »
Ahhh...I didn't even think about checking that schedule.  And an early show?  That sounds pretty tempting.

Girls are opening for Los Campesinos at the 930 ... early show, nkotb...

brennser

« Reply #1362 on: August 03, 2009, 09:30:30 am »
ELBOW

eros

« Reply #1363 on: August 03, 2009, 09:34:06 am »
ʎɐʍou

brennser

« Reply #1364 on: August 03, 2009, 10:24:10 am »
ELBOW
and it turns out I'm DJing.....awesomeness!!