Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2630718 times)

hutch

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #9390 on: September 22, 2018, 01:48:59 pm »
So how did it go??

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9391 on: September 24, 2018, 11:51:27 am »
So how did it go??

Was surprisingly painless:

Already had ArthurBuck ticket, so I bought Numan ticket on Stubhub for $10, Bought Dino ticket on Ticketfly (available even when Cat website said it was sold out);

Left Rockville at 6:20ish, arrived at 930 around 7:15, parked for free on 8th street. Had dinner at FoodFood. Really enjoyed the show. Lots of lights and synths, and a bunch of crazy nightmare dancing by the band and the crowd. Gary brought out his teen-aged (?) daughter to sing with him on one song, and it was adorable to see how cutely-embarrassed she was of her dad doing his thing.

After show, took Lyft to RNRH and arrived just before band went on. Maybe 80-100 people at show. ArthurBuck was good, a few catchy songs, but really I was just happy to see Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey. Left that show during the encore...Coney Island Baby, got into a Lyft and went to BlackCat.

Arrived at Cat at 10:53, so I missed the first 8 minutes or so of Dino. Place was jam-packed and I could not slink to the front, so was about 1/2 way back next to the new raised standing area. Dino were great. Stayed to the end with the cover of Just Like Heaven at around midnight.

Walked back to parking on 8th street. Thousands of people out on the sidewalks, have rarely seen the neighborhood so packed. Looked like the main draw was the area where Pure Lounge/Fainting Goat/Hawthorne are located. Home in Gaithersland by around 1:15am.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9392 on: September 24, 2018, 12:07:07 pm »
So how did it go??

Already had ArthurBuck ticket, so I bought Numan ticket on Stubhub for $10, Bought Dino ticket on Ticketfly (available even when Cat website said it was sold out);

Left Rockville at 6:20ish, arrived at 930 around 7:15, parked for free on 8th street. Had dinner at FoodFood. Really enjoyed the show. Lots of lights and synths, and a bunch of crazy nightmare dancing by the band and the crowd. Gary brought out his teen-aged (?) daughter to sing with him on one song, and it was adorable to see how cutely-embarrassed she was of her dad doing his thing.

After show, took Lyft to RNRH and arrived just before band went on. Maybe 80-100 people at show. ArthurBuck was good, a few catchy songs, but really I was just happy to see Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey. Left that show during the encore...Coney Island Baby, got into a Lyft and went to BlackCat.

Arrived at Cat at 10:53, so I missed the first 8 minutes or so of Dino. Place was jam-packed and I could not slink to the front, so was about 1/2 way back next to the new raised standing area. Dino were great. Stayed to the end with the cover of Just Like Heaven at around midnight.

Walked back to parking on 8th street. Thousands of people out on the sidewalks, have rarely seen the neighborhood so packed. Looked like the main draw was the area where Pure Lounge/Fainting Goat/Hawthorne are located. Home in Gaithersland by around 1:15am.
You da real MVP.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #9393 on: September 24, 2018, 02:12:44 pm »
So how did it go??

Walked back to parking on 8th street. Thousands of people out on the sidewalks, have rarely seen the neighborhood so packed. 

I ended up on U street on a Saturday night a few months back and was blown away by this as well. U Street has essentially turned into the Adams Morgan of the early 2000's.

Space Freely

« Reply #9394 on: September 24, 2018, 02:31:53 pm »
So how did it go??

Why would you try to "slink to the front" if you arrive at a show eight minutes after the headliner starts? You're part of the problem.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9395 on: September 24, 2018, 03:27:51 pm »
So how did it go??

Why would you try to "slink to the front" if you arrive at a show eight minutes after the headliner starts? You're part of the problem.

I agree, it's all my fault. One mitigating factor is that I take up very little space, space.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9396 on: September 24, 2018, 03:43:26 pm »
this week:

Last night, Soft Fangs at Dwell (a DIY space sort of near the Rock and Roll Hotel)
Tuesday, John Vanderslice at Club603, Baltimore (house show)

« Reply #9397 on: September 24, 2018, 04:02:24 pm »
I agree, it's all my fault. One mitigating factor is that I take up very little space, space.
surely blaming you for Taylor Gourmet and Pumpkin Spice....not sure I'm going to hold you accountable for ruining Space's rock show experience

Although you are tall and should probably just hang in the back
slack

hutch

« Reply #9398 on: September 24, 2018, 05:14:07 pm »
Challenged! Way to go! You are indeed the MVP!

I would have liked to see all three but saw none...ugh...did not realize Scott would be there...that is the best news I have heard all day...I also would have gone just for Buck...I have a lot of respect for him...he really is just in it for the love of music...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9399 on: September 24, 2018, 06:15:10 pm »
surely blaming you for Taylor Gourmet and Pumpkin Spice....not sure I'm going to hold you accountable for ruining Space's rock show experience

Although you are tall and should probably just hang in the back

The pumpkin spice phenomenon was started by me when I worked at a frozen yogurt store in 1983. The Taylor crashout was due to my only eating there 1 time in my life.

At the Cat and the 930 I like be up against the wall on the side...stage right, blocking no one's view. But I am sure that I ruin many folks experiences just by showing up.

« Reply #9400 on: September 25, 2018, 04:09:32 pm »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9402 on: October 02, 2018, 10:11:27 am »
Phiz Lair, 930 Wednesday
Brian and Craig, 6th&I Thursday