Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2653778 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2008, 11:20:00 am »
Battles were alright. They kinda bored me, except for the song Atlas. It's good to know who I can skip at Lolla.
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2008, 11:40:00 am »
Battles were exactly what I expected since they played the exact same set I saw at the Ottobar a little less than a year ago.
احمد

friarfunk

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2008, 01:25:00 pm »
"All right" is a pretty spot-on assessment of Battles.  The interstitials as they transitioned between songs were pretty bland, though they killed a few of their heavier pieces.  Could have done a lot more with lighting; Boredoms and Animal Collective set pretty high standards for visuals + music at the club, and this was a disappointingly plain presentation.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »
R.E.M. x3

Got Haggis?

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2008, 11:08:00 am »
going to Firewater @ black cat tonight...then Firwater @ ottobar tomorrow

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2008, 12:03:00 pm »
No music for me this week but I did see the charm city roller girls on Saturday. Best quote from the guy behind me to his brah "dude next time we gotta get the VIP seats so they'll fall on us and we can grab them."
xoxo

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by 6949:
  No music for me this week but I did see the charm city roller girls on Saturday. Best quote from the guy behind me to his brah "dude next time we gotta get the VIP seats so they'll fall on us and we can grab them."
Leave it to fratboys to combine crowd-surfing groping with extreme sports. Maybe the CCRG should hire that guy.

azaghal1981

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »
This week:

Helena Espval & Masaki Batoh
 Dan Deacon or Modey Lemon (still conflicted here)

Was going to do Retribution Gospel Choir tonight but I'm still beat from the 3-show marathon of yesterday.
احمد

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2008, 03:45:00 pm »
Which frat were they in?

Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:

Leave it to fratboys to combine crowd-surfing groping with extreme sports. Maybe the CCRG should hire that guy. [/b]

Got Haggis?

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2008, 04:00:00 pm »
I was there as well, the new ruleset seemed to change the game quite a bit.  Would having a roller girl fall in your lap really bad all that bad though?? (the grabbing bit would be creepy, I agree)

sonickteam2

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2008, 04:01:00 pm »
i've got 2 tickets to Iron Maiden, baby.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »
sigur ros in NYC tonight
 PJ@camden friday
 PJ@verizon sunday
 (would love to do the cure @ radio city on saturday, if i can find a ticket...)

Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
 Would having a roller girl fall in your lap really bad all that bad though??
uh, having 150 lbs of anything land on top of you at that speed will probably have you thinking about things other than groping... i could be wrong tho.
<sig>

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2008, 04:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
  i've got 2 tickets to Iron Maiden, baby.
goddamnit. now that song is stuck in my head.

all i'm up for this weekend is the east coast extravaganza in philly on saturday.
nothx

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2008, 04:19:00 pm »
This week:

Adele - Tuesday @ 6th and I
 R.E.M. - Wednesday @ Philly
 R.E.M. - Thursday @ MSG
 and I'm either going to do The Cure at Radio City or MSG...haven't decided yet!
Woof.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2008, 04:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  uhm, as of 3:30ish the vampire weekend line is like 11 blocks long, so good luck...
im a volunteer at summerstage. no lines for me. as of 1pm the line was already to 66th. a good chunk of the line never got into the show. once the rain came and people started leaving - more people were allowed in for Vampire Weekend.

and i also knew if i went to see them, to be in line way early. ive been to enough summerstage shows. 3:30... now thats a laugh.

it was beyond wet there. lightning/thunder killed a chunk of the born ruffians set. i met the guy that heads up the central park conservancy (including summerstage) -- way cool. i was dry most the time as I worked the VIP area until i found some friends of mine and got soaked.

it was just a mess and seeing people beyond soaking wet - while most of us were relatively dry was somewhat f-ed up. i guess thats what you get when you pay lots of money -- a place to stay dry  :)
HeyLa