Author Topic: school shootings  (Read 16956 times)

SPARX

Re: school shootings
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2006, 05:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  home school everyone.  that way, we can leave it up to the the parents to molest and kill all the children.
He still would've got to them if he wanted.The location would just be different.The mall, or in this case maybe a barn razing or some wild Rumspringa event. You are on to something though, bad parenting is a big reason some end up killers.That,along with untreated mental illness and  greed of course, are probably a huge percentage of why these things happen.

edbert

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2006, 05:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
 Do you really think criminals would abide by or even care about gun control legislation?
No, that would negate the definition of 'criminal'.  I'm talking about getting rid of the supply so they have no choice

However, the chances of taking ALL handguns out of circulation at this point in time just ain't gonna happen.
It'd be a slow but sure process. Every arrest of a criminal with a gun would be another one out of circulation.  That makes the black market value of the remaining ones soar and the criminals start killing each other to get them- a nice side effect. You also do buybacks. You monitor the production/distribution chain to make sure new ones aren't getting sold

walkonby

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2006, 05:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

home school everyone.  that way, we can leave it up to the the parents to molest and kill all the children.
He still would've got to them if he wanted.The location would just be different.The mall, or in this case maybe a barn razing or some wild Rumspringa event. You are on to something though, bad parenting is a big reason some end up killers.That,along with untreated mental illness and  greed of course, are probably a huge percentage of why these things happen. [/b]
that, and cnn coverage.  nothing fuels a ego like televised exclusives.

SPARX

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 05:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mixed Veg:

However, the chances of taking ALL handguns out of circulation at this point in time just ain't gonna happen.
It'd be a slow but sure process. Every arrest of a criminal with a gun would be another one out of circulation.  That makes the black market value of the remaining ones soar and the criminals start killing each other to get them- a nice side effect. You also do buybacks. You monitor the production/distribution chain to make sure new ones aren't getting sold [/QB]
It would then just rival meth labs as a criminal manufacturing activity. Do you think only non criminals are capable of producing weapons?

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2006, 05:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mixed Veg:

The handgun he used was purchased legally.
That's the problem: we don't have real gun control. Real gun control would mean you couldn't buy anything other than a plain fire-once-and-then-have-to-reload hunting rifle, with no scope on it. Anything else should only be sold to law enforcement. [/b]
In the old Soviet Union they had gun control.  Do you know what was the #1 murder weapon in the USSR?  The axe.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 05:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  The only purpose of a handgun is to kill another human being.
Thank you.  And frankly, that's scary.  Anyone can background check out just fine and still go buy a gun and kill someone they really don't like.  Guns make it way too easy.

It might not stop the hardcore crazies from killing other people, but it would make this shit a lot less frequent and more difficult to pull off.  Look at most of the people involved in shootings; The handguns are almost ALWAYS purchased illegally.  And we can't teach a whole country that killing is wrong by offering handguns in a fairly accessible environment...

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2006, 05:56:00 pm »
If you had to go, would you rather be shot or axed?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2006, 05:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  And we can't teach a whole country that killing is wrong
but killing babies is ok.

sorry, that was put up on a tee.
OU812

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2006, 05:57:00 pm »

Originally posted by Surly Bonds:

the last two school shootings were from adult males who were obsessed with molesting young girls, and targeted the schools because they wanted to have some of that young female booty.

thank god and baby jesus that gay people can't adopt or get married.  kill all gay people.
Are you refering to that Dead Milkman from Pennsylvania? [/b]
isn't it weird that the dead milkmen were from penn., and that the one who died (dave) was probably gay.  maybe that was the real reason the guy shot up the amish school??? [/b]
Dave wasn't gay.  He was a transvestite.  Like Ed Wood.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2006, 06:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Originally posted by you be betty:
  And we can't teach a whole country that killing is wrong
but killing babies is ok.

sorry, that was put up on a tee. [/b]
killing babies is NOT okay.  i never said i was in favor of killing babies.

pela123

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2006, 06:26:00 pm »
Wasn't it Chris Rock who advocated making bullets really expensive to prevent murder

BookerT

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2006, 06:33:00 pm »
Everybody is talking about gun control. Got to control the guns. Fuck, that, I like guns. If you've got a gun, you don't need to work out! Cause, I ain't working out. I ain't jogging. No, I think we need some bullet control. I think every bullet should cost five thousand dollars. Five thousand dollars for a bullet. Know why? Cos if a bullet cost five thousand dollars, there'd be no more innocent by-standers. That'd be it. Some guy'd be shot you'd be all 'Damn, he must've done something, he's got fifty thousand dollars worth of bullets in his ass!' And people'd think before they shot someone 'Man I will blow your fucking head off, if I could afford it. I'm gonna get me a second job, start saving up, and you a dead man. You'd better hope I don't get no bullets on lay-away!' And even if you get shot you wouldn't need to go to the emergency room. Whoever shot you'd take their bullet back. 'I believe you got my property!?'

walkonby

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2006, 06:54:00 pm »
bowling for columbine was such a nice movie on the subject.

and thanks for the insight on dave blood, surly.

i love to think back at the fact that foodfights or the occasional bogus bomb scare were the worst things that happened when i was in high school.  you be betty . . . i'm so sorry for the youth of today.  guns kill rich kids too.  not that there's anything wrong with being well off; someone has to do it.  do it baby.  pull the trigger.

bikerchickdc

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2006, 08:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by Surly Bonds:
 In the old Soviet Union they had gun control.  Do you know what was the #1 murder weapon in the USSR?  The axe.
Thank you!!!

We live in a really violent society. Take away all the guns and sure, there'll be a drop in murder rates but I bet it won't last forever. Before long people will be chopping each other to bits, or running them over with their cars, or whatever. And I don't think it's the fault of video games or tv or movies that we're so friggin violent. There's a lot of other contributing factors, including how pathetically low the rate of homicides that actually get solved is. And how a lot of kids grow up without any discipline these days.

I don't know how to fix it.  All I know is, take away the guns, and you'll end up with a bunch of really creative killers out there.

PS this guy who shot up the Amish school was a total nut-bag and if he hadn't had guns, he'd just have found another way to kill all those kids.

SPARX

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2006, 08:55:00 pm »
I know there's a Lizzie Borden joke in here somewhere.