Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 219111 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2014, 11:50:54 am »
Yet all that exciting hockey didn't translate into a Stanley Cup...

All that boring hockey didn't lead to Stanley Cup either. If I am paying to go to a game or watching it on TV I want it to be intersting.  But once again arguing with you is pointless as all you care about winning a championship and you always are terribly disappointed.
The Ravens field goaled their way to a Super Bowl and people seemed pretty content with that. You would seriously rather have Bruce Boudreau win 82 games a year for the next 50 years and lose in the 1st/2nd round of the playoffs ever year and to have a boring, low scoring team win a Stanley Cup?
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #241 on: January 10, 2014, 12:28:14 pm »
As much as I loathe Tony Kornheiser, he did have a good line about Jay Gruden yesterday:

"Jon Gruden was the number one choice, but instead you go for Michael Corleone.  What if you get Fredo?"

hutch

« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2014, 12:58:20 pm »
I just can't believe this guy would have been hired if he wasn't jon gruden's brother...

and I think Jon Gruden is super overrated... just a weird choice.. bring him in but keep everything pretty much the same...since the guy is young and inexperienced he can't demand his own staff...

moreover, the bengals did not look good last weekend.. but I guess that didn't enter the mix... they probably had already decided...

atomic

« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2014, 01:53:37 pm »
Yet all that exciting hockey didn't translate into a Stanley Cup...

All that boring hockey didn't lead to Stanley Cup either. If I am paying to go to a game or watching it on TV I want it to be intersting.  But once again arguing with you is pointless as all you care about winning a championship and you always are terribly disappointed.
The Ravens field goaled their way to a Super Bowl and people seemed pretty content with that. You would seriously rather have Bruce Boudreau win 82 games a year for the next 50 years and lose in the 1st/2nd round of the playoffs ever year and to have a boring, low scoring team win a Stanley Cup?

Of course I would.  I didn't even watch the whole super bowl the first time the Ravens won as the game was so boring.  It is entertainment plain and simple.  I get no benefits if they win a championship.  It is a one game just like the rest of them.  Sure it is fun to go watch at a bar and get drunk but a week later who cares?

vansmack

« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2014, 01:57:08 pm »
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2014, 02:20:59 pm »
I just can't believe this guy would have been hired if he wasn't jon gruden's brother...

and I think Jon Gruden is super overrated... just a weird choice.. bring him in but keep everything pretty much the same...since the guy is young and inexperienced he can't demand his own staff...

moreover, the bengals did not look good last weekend.. but I guess that didn't enter the mix... they probably had already decided...

Do you really think this guy was in the top 3 "hot" candidates for any team because he was related to Jon Gruden? I think that's silly.

I'm surprised we picked him up, but I don't really know much about the guy. Hearing complaints about his offensive scheme in Cincinnati it seemed like they were inconsistent. Even with that inconsistency, they still managed to climb in offensive production throughout his tenure and Andy Dalton was molded into a rather stout passer. Them not having more than 1 wide receiver threat also doesn't help that inconsistency. We saw that against the Chargers... Regardless, I'll stick to my pessimism.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2014, 03:46:20 pm »
Do you really think this guy was in the top 3 "hot" candidates for any team because he was related to Jon Gruden? I think that's silly.

I think he was a "hot" candidate because he was voted 4th Best Arena Football League Player of All Time.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2014, 04:05:32 pm »

I think he was a "hot" candidate because he was voted 4th Best Arena Football League Player of All Time.
See. It's not because he's Jon Gruden's brother.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2014, 05:30:40 pm »

See. It's not because he's Jon Gruden's brother.

I stand corrected.

shemptiness

« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2014, 11:01:56 am »
Davis LOVES him some weed.

ggw

« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2014, 11:07:34 am »
Davis LOVES him some weed.

He was simply treating his post-concussion syndrome

btw - I believe it is no coincidence that the Super Bowl is being played by the two teams from the only two states to legalize recreational pot.  It's a sign Roger; it's a sign....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2014, 12:23:42 pm »
Wait, how is it not a coincidence?
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2014, 01:05:16 pm »
Sarcasm.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter