Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 219172 times)

ggw

Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #480 on: November 17, 2014, 02:48:54 pm »
Snyder wants the stadium pathetic because he's angling for a new stadium, with all the incumbent tax breaks and subsidies.  And you can bet there will be personal seat licenses at the new one.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #481 on: November 17, 2014, 03:07:29 pm »

I think eventually ownership and the organization will get the message. It may take awhile. Just look at how the stadium looks during the game. The Upper bowls are barely half full. Fans of the opposing team are going in there and filling out the stadium. It's sad. If that's what ownership wants, that's what they get. That stadium is PATHETIC on game day.

Holy shit which team have you been watching the last 10 or 15 years, cuz it sure doesn't seem like it's been this one.

The stadium has been clearing out late in the season every year (with the exception of rgiii's first) for as long as Snyder has owned the team.  He's not getting the message.  The place has ALWAYS been full of opposing fans from NY, Dallas, Philly, every year since that place has been opened regardless of where skins were in the standings. 

The team is a joke, holding out hope that it is in Snyder's capability to right the ship is a joke.  Just wait for him to die.

hutch

« Reply #482 on: November 17, 2014, 03:15:57 pm »
I just dont think the city of DC is goin to be that interested in getting them back if they're such losers.... people in DC have hockey, basketball and baseball

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #483 on: November 17, 2014, 03:19:49 pm »

I think eventually ownership and the organization will get the message. It may take awhile. Just look at how the stadium looks during the game. The Upper bowls are barely half full. Fans of the opposing team are going in there and filling out the stadium. It's sad. If that's what ownership wants, that's what they get. That stadium is PATHETIC on game day.

Holy shit which team have you been watching the last 10 or 15 years, cuz it sure doesn't seem like it's been this one.

The stadium has been clearing out late in the season every year (with the exception of rgiii's first) for as long as Snyder has owned the team.  He's not getting the message.  The place has ALWAYS been full of opposing fans from NY, Dallas, Philly, every year since that place has been opened regardless of where skins were in the standings. 

The team is a joke, holding out hope that it is in Snyder's capability to right the ship is a joke.  Just wait for him to die.
All it took was that 2012 to bring back hope. That 2012 season washed away all doubt. But jumping right back to a 3-13 season, now switching coaching regimes and possibly headed to another 3 or 4 win season? It's just going to get worse and worse.

I really don't think Snyder is a huge fan of the team tanking as a way to be like "Look! Now get me a new stadium." But, we can all believe what we want.

All the DC teams are losers. All 4 teams have been in the playoffs in the past 2 years and people are still beaten down. Maybe not so much by the Wizards, but if they make the playoffs and go deeper this year, it'll be just more disappointment and that idiotic "DC sports team!" curse.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #484 on: November 17, 2014, 04:25:30 pm »
Robert Griffin III?s number of critics appear to be growing with each Washington Redskins loss.

Count NFL analyst and former league star Rodney Harrison among those now calling for Washington to end its relationship with the struggling Griffin sooner rather than later.

?They?ve surrounded Griffin with great weapons,? Harrison said during a nationally televised NBC pre-game show. ?I just think it comes down to RGIII. I don?t think he can read coverages. He?s been in the league three years. If you need six more games to determine if he?s going to be your future quarterback, you need a new coach and a new scouting department. I?ve seen enough. I don?t think he fits in the system. I think you have to get rid of him.?

hutch

« Reply #485 on: November 17, 2014, 04:34:48 pm »
what a fall for RGIII... really unreal

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #486 on: November 17, 2014, 04:44:50 pm »
Any fan of this team should have seen it coming!  They are futility personified!  Always inventing new ways to fail!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #487 on: November 17, 2014, 04:53:15 pm »
Truly, truly insane.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #488 on: November 17, 2014, 06:28:13 pm »

shemptiness

« Reply #489 on: November 17, 2014, 09:26:23 pm »
?Just from Robert?s perspective ? you take everybody else out of the picture ? Robert had some fundamental flaws. He did,? Gruden said Monday afternoon. ?His footwork was below average. He took three-step drops when he should have taken five. He took a one-step drop when he should have taken three on a couple of occasions. That can?t happen. He stepped up when he didn?t have to step up, stepped into pressure, he read the wrong side of the field a couple of times. So, from his basic performance just critiquing Robert, it was not even close to being good enough to what we expect from that quarterback position.?

Ouch

hutch

« Reply #490 on: November 17, 2014, 09:54:27 pm »
They're getting ready to dump him.....of course they do it in a typically non classy way and shoot themselves in the foot by making sure to minimize any value he might have if he were to be traded...

I think this is probably about Gruden wanting to get rid of him and making his case publicly to Snyder (and putting on the pressure on Snyder)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #491 on: November 18, 2014, 12:13:20 pm »
Gruden is about as brutally honest as can be. I feel like that's stuff you talk to your player about and work on it. Not put it out there. Maybe he just needs help with dealing with the media. Gruden adds as much fuel to the flames as the players speaking. This is a dumpster fire.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #492 on: November 18, 2014, 02:28:12 pm »
Gruden is about as brutally honest as can be. I feel like that's stuff you talk to your player about and work on it. Not put it out there. Maybe he just needs help with dealing with the media. Gruden adds as much fuel to the flames as the players speaking. This is a dumpster fire.

agree

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #494 on: November 19, 2014, 10:58:58 am »
Wednesday and not a single mention of the 49ers game on Sunday. This team!
‼‼?‼‼