Author Topic: These are frightening times  (Read 6420 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
These are frightening times
« on: July 15, 2004, 11:34:00 am »
Why does a dog lick its balls?  Cuz it can.
 Why do these fucking yahoos need to strap a gun on to go to Starbucks?  See first question.
 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A50416-2004Jul14.html

Re: These are frightening times
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 11:35:00 am »

Please take a moment to complete this one-time required registration. Once registered, you gain access to washingtonpost.com. Questions?

chaz

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 11:38:00 am »
Originally posted by Visual AIDS:

Please take a moment to complete this one-time required registration. Once registered, you gain access to washingtonpost.com. Questions?

I don't know why people get so hung up on this stuff.  It's a whole newspaper yer gettin for free.  Just give em a fake email address and get over it.

Random Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 11:40:00 am »
Or go to Bug Me Not and access the page that way.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 11:41:00 am »
Virginia has the 27th highest murder rate, Maryland is 2nd. Virginia must be doing something right.

chaz

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 11:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Virginia has the 27th highest murder rate, Maryland is 2nd. Virginia must be doing something right.
So are you saying you support the idea of people carrying like this in public or are you just trying to stir the pot?

thirsty moore

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 11:52:00 am »
Yes, it's because Virginia is shaped like a ramp, while Maryland is shaped like a broken pot.

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 11:55:00 am »
Originally posted by chaz:

So are you saying you support the idea of people carrying like this in public or are you just trying to stir the pot? [/b]
It certainly doesn't bother me. (MD resident weighing in)

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 11:56:00 am »
Never thought about it. Certainly not against people being able to own guns, but don't know about carrying in public. Don't have any guns myself, except for my 24" biceps.

So are you saying you support the idea of people carrying like this in public or are you just trying to stir the pot? [/b]

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 12:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  Or go to Bug Me Not and access the page that way.
Is this supposed to be, like, a help, or something?

chaz

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 12:05:00 pm »
Yeah I also think responsible citizens should be allowed to own guns....but this whole packin in public thing just seems kinda disgusting to me.

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »
Viginia's also 47th in Ricketts Prevention.

thirsty moore

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »
Agreed.  

On a side note, bringing a gun into starbucks is a total faux pas.  Don't they know they should pack an issue of the New York Times instead?

Yeah I also think responsible citizens should be allowed to own guns....but this whole packin in public thing just seems kinda disgusting to me.

Random Citizen

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »
  Is this supposed to be, like, a help, or something?
Nope, not at all.

chaz

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 12:22:00 pm »

Viginia's also 47th in Ricketts Prevention. [/b]
Funny you should mention Rickets.  This morning my wife and I took our 4 month old son to the Dr. for a checkup.  The Dr. said we should be giving him a multivitamin (some drops they sell) once a day - that all breast-fed babies should do this.  We wondered why seeing as when our 2 1/2 year old was breastfeeding they never told us to do this and Dr. said it's because Rickets are on the rise in breast-fed babies.  Something about mothers and babies not getting enough outdoor sunlight resulting in lower vitamin d intake for kids....hence RICKETS!