Author Topic: Air roll call  (Read 9580 times)

Chip Chanko

Re: Air roll call
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 05:35:00 pm »
Looking forward to it, as always.

bnyced0

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 07:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by nonameface:

Originally posted by bnyced0:
  I'm going to suspend my boycott on weekday shows and likely go.
I don't have a boycott, but logistics that keep me from shows during the week. I'd really like to go, but I think I can only afford the Ben G. show this week. [/b]
My boycott is basically for the same reason, I'm commuting to the District at the moment so going home and coming back is a pain, then there's my early train in the morning.  Problem will be solved once the Floridian is complete.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 08:01:00 pm »
Someone should just give me a ticket for a couple of animal crackers.
‼‼?‼‼

vassego

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 08:23:00 pm »
I'll be there, really looking forward to it.  I've never had the chance to see them before and I have pretty high expectations, here's to hoping I won't be let down.

azaghal1981

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 09:04:00 pm »
Me  :D

Thought this would sell out in minutes. Then again, I thought the massive attack show would do the same thing. Chalk it up to dc's lameness I guess.
احمد

Mobius

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 10:31:00 pm »
The only way Frat Guy lost his virginity listening to Moon Safari is if he was with a super cool girl.  And they were at her place.

She was probably really hot too.

Nicely done, Frat Guy.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 10:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:
  The only way Frat Guy lost his virginity listening to Moon Safari is if he was with a super cool girl.  And they were at her place.

She was probably really hot too.

Nicely done, Frat Guy.
To frat guy!! Best damn salesman in the office! He squired an entire baseball team! Hell, an orchestra if you count the bastards! To Frat Guy!

Mobius

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 11:19:00 pm »
Frat guy is a son of a bitch!

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 04:22:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  i'm there - and i'll be scalping a ticket to someone from the board for twice its value so i can get in free     :D    

i read one old review that wasn't flattering.  said the crowd was very chatty, which i can believe - i'm sure lots of frat boys who lost their virginity to "moon safari" will come to the show, but since they aren't into the music will talk about fantasy baseball during the entire set (like the ones i was standing in front of at the Massive Attack show!).  reviewer also complained that the music was slow, loungey and atmospheric - i.e. he wasn't expecting an Air show!  sorta ridiculous.  

i'm definitely looking forward to this.  what would be an appropriate drink for an Air show?  martini?
They were very good, ....last year, I think it was. Only downside were the drunk girls. A couple were especially obnoxious, especially the one who seemed to be completely out of her element at a show and was convinced she would get backstage. If she weren't so annoying, it would have been funny.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2007, 09:39:00 am »
I'll be there tonight. CANT.WAIT.
Woof.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 01:04:00 pm »
i'm your last minute DJ and yikes do i need to do some searching in the collection.
T.Rex

calecp01

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »
That drummer was AMAZING. Can't wait.

Originally posted by bearman:
  My sister saw them in Chicago and I got a full report. Should be a good show, lots of older stuff! Plus they still have the same drummer from the last time they came through, and he kicked ass. Can't wait.

Aphex

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2007, 02:09:00 pm »
Was very impressed the last time they came around.  Glad to see they have the same drummer.  Should be an amazing show as everyone as said before.  you think it will sell out at the door?

bearman🐻

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »
Kosmo, can I make a couple of requests?

How about:

Saint Etienne -- Lose That Girl
 Phoenix -- (anything would be good)
 Les Rhythmes Digitales -- (Hey You) What's That Sound?
 Gang of Four -- Is It Love?
 Air Miami -- anything from them would be cool

Just trying to help with some ideas  :)

bearman🐻

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 02:28:00 pm »
Just saw that they have been playing "J'Ai Dormi Sous L'Eau" on this tour. AWESOME.