Author Topic: Wow... Wilco just sold out in about 15 minutes...  (Read 14471 times)

Guiny

Re: Wow... Wilco just sold out in about 15 minutes...
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2004, 04:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by lily1:
  they need to add a second  date. it sold out in under 2 minutes.
So did Velvet Revolver and Bush a couple of years ago and they sold out quicker but noone was begging for a second date.  They would be much more interesting to see then Wilco (who?) T:p

jkeisenh

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2004, 05:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee_a.k.a _Guiny:

Originally posted by lily1:
  they need to add a second  date. it sold out in under 2 minutes.
So did Velvet Revolver and Bush a couple of years ago and they sold out quicker but noone was begging for a second date.  They would be much more interesting to see then Wilco (who?) T:p [/b]
I think they should just make bands come here and play every night until they no longer sell out.  That way everyone who wants to see them has a chance and we can all be one big happy family.

Guiny

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2004, 05:35:00 pm »
This board will never be one big happy family.

Bags

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2004, 05:40:00 pm »
  This board will never be one big happy family.
Though it can be awfully family-like -- dysfunction, squabbles, misunderstandings, whining, eccentric characters and all...    :D

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2004, 10:05:00 pm »
What pisses me off about online ticketing is that 9:30 usually sells tix on thursday mornings. The reason I couldn't score Velvet Revolver tix is because I was stuck at school. Checked tix during 3rd period then checked again during 6th and they were all gone.   :mad:

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2004, 08:30:00 am »
You probably shouldn't be out at a smoky niteclub on a school night anyway.

Originally posted by palahniukkubrick:
  What pisses me off about online ticketing is that 9:30 usually sells tix on thursday mornings. The reason I couldn't score Velvet Revolver tix is because I was stuck at school. Checked tix during 3rd period then checked again during 6th and they were all gone.    :mad:  

Guiny

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2004, 08:35:00 am »
Originally posted by Sacktastic Bag O' Nuts:

What pisses me off about online ticketing is that 9:30 usually sells tix on thursday mornings. The reason I couldn't score Velvet Revolver tix is because I was stuck at school. Checked tix during 3rd period then checked again during 6th and they were all gone.     :mad:  
[/b]
If you can go out then there's no reason we he/she can't go out. It's America, they can do what they want.

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2004, 08:37:00 am »
Actually, thinking about it...I think my Shins comments were directed toward people who would buy tickets for two nights, thus costing others a chance to see the show.

In this case, I bought two extra tickets, with every intention of passing them along to someone else. I decided to take a risk on passing them along at $5 each or $50 each, I'd let the market decide.

We did have an extra ticket that we sold at cost (taking a loss on the service fee) to the Old 97's. We ended up having to base our plans around meeting some guy at Starbucks in Adams-Morgan, and the guy ended up being a half hour late, leaving us to sit in Starbucks twiddling our thumbs (the five dollar lattes would have eaten the $15 sale price right up). And the guy turned out to only know one Old 97's album. Perhaps if we had jacked up the price a bit, we would have found a buyer who was a real fan.

Originally posted by pollard:

Having recently become a homeowner, and trying to furnish it will old hand me down one bedroom apartment furniture, I'm thinking we need the money of the market value more than any of our friends need to see Wilco for a third or fourth time.

Besides, if you're really a fan and you really want to see them, just drive to Pittsburgh and see them for free.
remember your shins comments, what has happened since [/b]

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2004, 08:39:00 am »
It's America. Parents need to lay down a curfew that prevents their kid from being out too late on a school night.

But of course, in pansy liberal America, it's the children that now have all the rights, and parents are afraid to lay down the law anymore.

What pisses me off about online ticketing is that 9:30 usually sells tix on thursday mornings. The reason I couldn't score Velvet Revolver tix is because I was stuck at school. Checked tix during 3rd period then checked again during 6th and they were all gone.      :mad:    
[/b]
If you can go out then there's no reason we he/she can't go out. It's America, they can do what they want. [/b]

Guiny

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2004, 08:48:00 am »
Ok, I gotta start writing down numbers cause I never know who the hell i'm talking to anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

ratioci nation

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2004, 09:20:00 am »
  Actually, thinking about it...I think my Shins comments were directed toward people who would buy tickets for two nights, thus costing others a chance to see the show.

In this case, I bought two extra tickets, with every intention of passing them along to someone else. I decided to take a risk on passing them along at $5 each or $50 each, I'd let the market decide.

We did have an extra ticket that we sold at cost (taking a loss on the service fee) to the Old 97's. We ended up having to base our plans around meeting some guy at Starbucks in Adams-Morgan, and the guy ended up being a half hour late, leaving us to sit in Starbucks twiddling our thumbs (the five dollar lattes would have eaten the $15 sale price right up). And the guy turned out to only know one Old 97's album. Perhaps if we had jacked up the price a bit, we would have found a buyer who was a real fan.

i was actually referring to the comment about how your friends don't need to see wilco again, not buying the extra tickets, you are denying your friends a chance to see Wilco again, I don't really care, I just found it inconsistent

and for the record, I personally don't like the idea of selling tickets for a profit, have never done it, but that is just my opinion, other people can do what they want, but I do hate people buying tickets for shows they have no interest in just to make a quick buck, here is looking at you jakez3ebfan, it is a real shame he could not get wilco tickets

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2004, 09:38:00 am »
For the record, I can only think of a couple of people that we hang out with in DC who are Wilco fans, and neither have indicated any desire to go, and neither made any effort to get tickets for themselves, or ask me to try to get tickets for them. If they had, well of course the tickets I bought would go to them at face value. And in all honesty, I really didn't know that Wilco tickets would be such a hot commodity.

If you bought a cd at CD Game Exchange for a buck, and you thought you could sell it for $20, would you not sell it for $20?

Celeste

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2004, 09:40:00 am »
Sacktastic will very likely sell the tickets at only a high enough price to recoup the cost of his own free...no biggie...he's not likely to gouge or exploit...it's just not his way.

Bags

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2004, 09:54:00 am »
 And the guy turned out to only know one Old 97's album. Perhaps if we had jacked up the price a bit, we would have found a buyer who was a real fan.
Since when do only "real fans" deserve to go to a show?  He was willing to pay, you were willing to sell.  Maybe he'll be a HUGE fan after seeing them play live.  Maybe he won't, shouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

Now the being late part, that's BAD.  I can't stand that; folks who are habitually late are completely oblivious that it is YOUR time they're wasting.

ratioci nation

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2004, 09:59:00 am »
     If you bought a cd at CD Game Exchange for a buck, and you thought you could sell it for $20, would you not sell it for $20?
maybe, but I never go in to cd game exchange looking for cds that I might be able to sell for more, usually i am looking for another cd that I can listen to once and stick on my shelf for 5 years until I sell it back to cd exchange for a dollar