Author Topic: Birchmere food  (Read 11393 times)

Bags

Re: Birchmere food
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2006, 05:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by bikerchickdc:
  I've had way too many shows ruined by knuckleheads who want to run their mouths for the whole show. And in the Birchmere you can't really run away from them.

I can't stand seeing shows there. I'd rather drive to Baltimore.
Are you kidding?  That place is DEAD quiet.  I've seen folks give the evil eye to someone who so much as sneezes...  Really.

bearman🐻

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »
I agree Bags...it has totally earned its name the Shushmere.

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2006, 06:09:00 pm »
anybody know what's with that place nearby the birchmere called 'wafle house?' do they know that is not how waffle is spelled or is it a joke?

by the way, the birchmere's food is alright but horribly overpriced imo. the nachos are pretty good.

eltee

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2006, 08:39:00 pm »
Chicken Caesar salad not too bad. Definitely all about killing time while vultures scope for seats. Damn the locals get there early taking up the front...grumble.

saco

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2010, 02:09:05 pm »
So no more tap water offered at the Birchmere.  If you want water, you must BUY bottled water, or I guess you could take your empty beer glass to the bathroom and fill it with water from the sinks in there.
Discuss.

Bringing back this oft mentioned thread was only icing on the cake.

James Ford

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2010, 02:14:35 pm »
Who do they think they are? Europe?

So no more tap water offered at the Birchmere.  If you want water, you must BUY bottled water, or I guess you could take your empty beer glass to the bathroom and fill it with water from the sinks in there.
Discuss.

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2010, 08:29:26 pm »

Discuss.

I thought it was the law you have to provide water if asked.

eltee

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2010, 10:58:54 pm »
I think the cost is about $3-5 or so right? (I ordered a bottle one time, not again after that cost) Also, way to not be "green" Shushmere!

dyecraig

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2010, 11:51:42 am »
avoid the gumbo

slappy

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2010, 01:25:34 pm »

Discuss.

Yes, it's part of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code that they must not only provide a drinking fountain, but it must be handicapped accessible.
You have to dig around but it's in here.
http://www.dhcd.virginia.gov/StateBuildingCodesandRegulations/Virginia_Uniform_Statewide_Building_Code.htm

saco

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2010, 01:57:29 pm »
I don't recall seeing one, but its entirely possible there is a water fountain in the hallway on the way to the bathrooms; which are handicapped accessible.  I'm sure they did their research before implementing this?

eltee

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2010, 03:45:40 pm »

walkonby

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2010, 05:29:13 pm »
Ian Anderson does not want to watch Birchmere patrons eat
http://www.tbd.com/blogs/tbd-arts/2010/10/ian-anderson-does-not-want-to-watch-you-eat-chicken-fingers-3125.html

that's because like the food at birchmere . . . ian is a pile of useless shit that nobody wants anyway.

James Ford

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2010, 10:00:51 am »
I was there last night and didn't see a single water fountain, anywhere.

I also didn't see a single person drinking tap water.

And their g-rated menu referred to Flying Dog Raging Bitch beer as "Flying Dog Belgian IPA".

Discuss.

Yes, it's part of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code that they must not only provide a drinking fountain, but it must be handicapped accessible.
You have to dig around but it's in here.
http://www.dhcd.virginia.gov/StateBuildingCodesandRegulations/Virginia_Uniform_Statewide_Building_Code.htm

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2010, 12:35:17 pm »
I ordered food (specifically chips and salsa) during the break between the opener and Nick Lowe and instead of bringing me food, the server brought me another beer.  Don't know how "can i please have chips and salsa" sounded like "can i have another beer" but the beer was good and so was the show.