Author Topic: Dandy Warhols Presale info  (Read 20075 times)

ggw

Re: Dandy Warhols Presale info
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2003, 11:36:00 pm »
DW are on Conan tonight (Thursday)

jadetree

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 02:12:00 pm »
from Dandys website -

Aug 11, 2003

Public Service Announcement

Hey, we should have done this before we set out on the touring season, but hey, what can you do. We wanted to let everyone know that owing to our near three hour onstage sets, we are no longer touring with support acts. So, kids, when your ticket says "An Evening with the Dandy Warhols" and starts at 9pm, you had better get there at that time an expect to rock. That is all.

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2003, 02:16:00 pm »
Thought they were rather underwhelming on Conan Friday (resheduled from Thurs) but still looking forward to them at Bumbershoot.

ggw

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2003, 02:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Robert Pollard:
  from Dandys website -

Aug 11, 2003

Hey, we should have done this before we set out on the touring season, but hey, what can you do. We wanted to let everyone know that owing to our near three hour onstage sets, we are no longer touring with support acts. So, kids, when your ticket says "An Evening with the Dandy Warhols" and starts at 9pm, you had better get there at that time an expect to rock. That is all.
If you look between the lines, you'll notice it also says, "don't forget the drugs."

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2003, 02:37:00 pm »
  from Dandys website -

Aug 11, 2003

Whoa!  3 hours??

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2003, 02:42:00 pm »
Does that mean that one would need drugs in order to enjoy their live show?

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

from Dandys website -

Aug 11, 2003

If you look between the lines, you'll notice it also says, "don't forget the drugs." [/b]

ggw

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2003, 02:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Does that mean that one would need drugs in order to enjoy their live show?

No.  They just provide an "enhancement."  Especially when they kick into the 52 minute version of Fast Driving Rave Up.

SPARX

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2003, 08:49:00 pm »
Just saw this from a regular board member of the BJM list:   :cool:                                                                                                   Saw the Dandys last night. They sounded great. It was all about the music,
 and they played for 2 1/2 hours. Heard old gems like Nothing, Genius, Lou
 Weed, Ride.....gotta give them lots of credit when credits due....

rob

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2003, 10:04:00 pm »
That is great news! Ride, Genius, and Nothing are among my all-time favorite DW songs. I can listen to Dandys Rule OK? over and over. Should be an excellent show!

Celeste

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2003, 09:33:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

from Dandys website -

Aug 11, 2003

..."An Evening with the Dandy Warhols" and starts at 9pm, you had better get there at that time...
Whoa!  3 hours?? [/b]
Does the three hours usually include a 45 minute soundcheck?

SPARX

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2003, 10:24:00 am »
Originally posted by Celeste:

[ qb]
Whoa!  3 hours?? [/b]
Does the three hours usually include a 45 minute soundcheck? [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             Only if neeeded.Can't blame them for that,I wouldn't want to play either if my sound was Shite!Better for all  involved if they get it right,even if means waiting awhile.Just gives more time for another cold one.I'd say you have a better chance of getting an   entertaining show if the band is happy with things.

SPARX

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2003, 05:43:00 pm »
Courtney Taylor-Taylor & Brent DeBoer played an acoustic set this
 morning (taped two weeks ago in NYC). The set started with sloooowwww
 version of 'Last Time-Rolling Stones,some Thirteen Tales stuff in the
 middle and ended with 'Stars-the brian jonestown massacre.
 You can probably still check it out
 http://www.KCRW.com

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2003, 05:48:00 pm »
90% of their audience was underage, and the beer section was sectioned off at the back. "Another cold on" wouldn't have applied to most of their audience.
    There was plenty of time between them and the previous act (45 mins) so that they should have had the sound right.
    Making people stand there in a crowded room for 45-90 mins so you can get the sound just right seems a bit self-indulgent. None of the other acts that had performed there that day had delayed their performance, and the sound sucked when they were playing.

Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by Celeste:

[ qb]
Whoa!  3 hours?? [/b]
Does the three hours usually include a 45 minute soundcheck? [/b]
Only if neeeded.Can't blame them for that,I wouldn't want to play either if my sound was Shite!Better for all  involved if they get it right,even if means waiting awhile.Just gives more time for another cold one.I'd say you have a better chance of getting an   entertaining show if the band is happy with things. [/QB][/QUOTE]

SPARX

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2003, 05:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
 [QB] 90% of their audience was underage, and the beer section was sectioned off at the back. "Another cold on" wouldn't have applied to most of their audience.
    There was plenty of time between them and the previous act (45 mins) so that they should have had the sound right.
    Making people stand there in a crowded room for 45-90 mins so you can get the sound just right seems a bit self-indulgent. None of the other acts that had performed there that day had delayed their performance, and the sound sucked when they were playing.

I was just stating what I would do in said circumstance.Don't sweat the small stuff ya know.                                                  Sometimes you just get stuck with a bad show.Shame it was one you had been looking forward to.However,it is not the norm for them to sound shitty.Then again,it was a festival with several bands playing on the same system wasn't it?That's always tough for the soundman,particularly if he's not familiar with the band.Sorry to hear about your luck.If you feel like giving them another shot,drinks are on me next Friday!

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2003, 06:03:00 pm »
Thanks, but I think they're one of those bands that I would just enjoy hearing the single on the radio from time to time. Seems like they like to do extended versions of their songs, and I'm more of a 4 minute pop song lover myself...