Author Topic: Dandy Warhols Presale info  (Read 20111 times)

markie

Re: Dandy Warhols Presale info
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2003, 04:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
   You can't tell me that $16 for a pint of Boddies and pint of flat Guiness is not out of order in a shit hole like Polly's.

They must have mischarged you. The beers are around $5 a pint. Not $8. It was odd the other time because the evil waitress was nice to us. I did get "shushed" by the miserable barman though, YAY!!!!

Jaguär

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2003, 04:08:00 pm »

Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:

their prices certainly scared me away for life!
you remind me of my grandad, "here is 10p go and buy yourself a cup of tea and a sandwich........" [/b]
Oh come on! You can't tell me that $16 for a pint of Boddies and pint of flat Guiness is not out of order in a shit hole like Polly's.

Especially with the lousy 'tude of the bar wench and the old witch of a waitress that barges her way past everyone so you spill your $16 boddies and flat guinness! [/b]
And they don't have the overhead that clubs have such as extra electricty charges and entertainment taxes.

markie

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2003, 04:11:00 pm »
they have a juke box, that means they have to pay entertainment tax. and the last time I was there, they had electric lights and I didnt have to wind the juke box up.

It seems pretty common in DC for a beer to be $5

Jaguär

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2003, 04:15:00 pm »
  they have a juke box, that means they have to pay entertainment tax. and the last time I was there, they had electric lights and I didnt have to wind the juke box up.

Honestly don't know how the tax laws work regarding juke boxes vs live entertainment but knowing the whores called politicians, I wouldn't be surprised if they do tax juke boxes. What's the verdict Josh?

As far as electricty, I'd much rather have to pay the bill for Polly's than the 9:30 Club or the Black Cat.

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2003, 04:18:00 pm »
CAPACITY for 9:30 club: 1000
 capacity for black cat:500?
 capacity for polly's:50?

of course the electricity bill is going to be more at the 9:30. and with 20 times as many people drinking, they're going to be able to rake in a few more beer dollars.

markie

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2003, 04:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

As far as electricty, I'd much rather have to pay the bill for Polly's than the 9:30 Club or the Black Cat.
sure but they hold a lot more people. I imagine the per head electric bill would not be dissimilar, except for pollys not having air conditioning.

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2003, 04:20:00 pm »
what does a beer go for in a bar in baltimore?

mankie

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2003, 04:21:00 pm »

$5-6 in for a pint in DC is acceptable to me, even $7 if it's in a nice place with pleasant staff, but to get robbed and made to feel like you're a nuisance to them (like the 930 backbar...sorry, had to get it in one more time!) just pisses me off, there's just too many bars in DC to have to deal with it.

markie

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2003, 04:23:00 pm »
the ottobar has $2 yeunglings......

the recher has natty boo in cans real cheap

I cant remember the price in Fletchers. I think it was closer to 930 pricing.

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2003, 04:23:00 pm »
i can get a whole six pack for $7, and sit at home naked drinking it with my naked wife, playing the music we want to hear.

what was the point of going to a bar?

jadetree

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2003, 04:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  i can get a whole six pack for $7, and sit at home naked drinking it with my naked wife, playing the music we want to hear.

you really like to "hang out" don't you

SPARX

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2003, 04:28:00 pm »
  Hey Sparx, will you be there with your other 2 friends? If so, I should be there and we can all meet that way as I know the board loons and your 2 friends.     ;)  

The Tank is going,not sure about Rotten,he was hee-hawin about going when i talked to him last,something about obligations.So,if you see the Tank,he can point me out.

mankie

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2003, 04:28:00 pm »

I would pay $10 for a pint to NOT see you naked, your wife.....well, I'll get my wad of $1 bills ready.  :D

Jaguär

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2003, 04:30:00 pm »
  CAPACITY for 9:30 club: 1000
 capacity for black cat:500?
 capacity for polly's:50?

of course the electricity bill is going to be more at the 9:30. and with 20 times as many people drinking, they're going to be able to rake in a few more beer dollars.
Ah, but you have to remember that the clubs are now all ages, meaning that not all will be drinking. Also, not all of age bother drinking. And a larger business requires a larger staff and probably higher rents, property taxes, upkeep, etc..

My point being that it costs a lot to put on a live electric show which has to be passed onto the consumer, therefore, warranting a bit higher drink cost.

Jaguär

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2003, 04:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Hey Sparx, will you be there with your other 2 friends? If so, I should be there and we can all meet that way as I know the board loons and your 2 friends.      ;)  

The Tank is going,not sure about Rotten,he was hee-hawin about going when i talked to him last,something about obligations.So,if you see the Tank,he can point me out. [/b]
Deal!   ;)  

Tell him to keep an eye out for me too.