Author Topic: Dandy Warhols Presale info  (Read 20092 times)

Jaguär

Re: Dandy Warhols Presale info
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2003, 06:50:00 pm »
It's always possible that they got into town late and didn't have the advantage of an earlier sound check. Don't really know. Sorry you got stuck with a bad one. I'm looking forward to their show next week.

SPARX

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2003, 03:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Thanks, but I think they're one of those bands that I would just enjoy hearing the single on the radio from time to time. Seems like they like to do extended versions of their songs, and I'm more of a 4 minute pop song lover myself...
OK,but if you change your mind,the offer is still open.Did anyone catch Mister Johnny Rotten on Jimmy Kimmel the other nite?Mister Johnny Rotten,he's so funny!Wonder how long it took him to come up with that.Jimmy rippin off his shirt as he introduced them was hilarious IMHO.And Mr. T. as co-host no less.I pity the fool.

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2003, 03:54:00 pm »
Actually, I saw the chick and the drummer hanging out at the festival, walking around to various foodstands. It's more likely they got high, got the munchies, and didn't show up for the soundcheck when they were supposed to.

Originally posted by Jaguär:
  It's always possible that they got into town late and didn't have the advantage of an earlier sound check. Don't really know. Sorry you got stuck with a bad one. I'm looking forward to their show next week.

Jaguär

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2003, 05:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Actually, I saw the chick and the drummer hanging out at the festival, walking around to various foodstands. It's more likely they got high, got the munchies, and didn't show up for the soundcheck when they were supposed to.

Originally posted by Jaguär:
[/b]
LOLOLOL. I had wondered about that too but didn't bother to mention it. You may be right. You'd think by now that they would have that part down. Oh, well. Some heads never learn!   :roll:

SPARX

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2003, 08:03:00 pm »
Another blurb from a BJM board member regarding  the Minnesota show.Good to see Courtney seemingly over his spat with Anton for the time being:                                                                                                So I went and saw the Dandy's finally after missing them the last
 few times they've been through Minnesota.  They played what I
 believe was their first show at First Ave here in Minneapolis.  To
 my surprise the show looked close to sold out, and after missing
 about 20min of the beginning of their set I struggled through the
 crowd to find a suitable place to stand. I was actually pretty
 impressed with how good the show turned out to be.  A pretty broad
 set-list was played with a pretty noticeable lack of songs off the
 new album (imo). One of the funniest moments occurred when a young
 woman was pulled up out of the crowd to get spankings from Zia
 during what I believe was White Gold. When Zia finished Courtney
 handed the girl the mic to say a few words.  The girl seemed pretty
 drunk but screamed out one question.  "Hey! Do you know Anton?!"
 This question totally took me by surprise due to the fact that she
 didn't know the dandy's at all, and well, what an odd question to
 ask in front of an almost full First Avenue crowd?  Courtney
 meanwhile, simply turns his head, looks at the crowd and
 mutters.."Doesnt everyone know Anton?.." In a slow, low pitch,
 cooler than cool rockstar kinda way.  The crowd erupts into laughter
 and the band breaks into what I think was We Used to Be Friends.

markie

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2003, 09:33:00 pm »
so Sparx, are you coming to the Dandies gig on Friday? If you dont mind facially disfigured people you should come and say hello to some of us.

Thanks for posting the updates BTW.

SPARX

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2003, 01:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkman:

[/b]
I remember I snagged a rare studio cover of "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" off their website a couple of months ago.  I wonder if they still have it?  It's almost good for all 8 minutes. [/QB]
I have that as the last track from their Black album.What do yu guys think of it compared to their  proper releases?

ggw

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2003, 01:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by walkman:
  I remember I snagged a rare studio cover of "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" off their website a couple of months ago.  I wonder if they still have it?  It's almost good for all 8 minutes.
I have that as the last track from their Black album.What do yu guys think of it compared to their  proper releases? [/b]
I liked the other covers (Hell's Bells, Ohio) better than Edmund Fitzgerald.  They also did The Nuge's "Free for All" which was kind of weird.

SPARX

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2003, 02:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  so Sparx, are you coming to the Dandies gig on Friday? If you dont mind facially disfigured people you should come and say hello to some of us.

Thanks for posting the updates BTW.
You're welcome.I will  definitely be there for the Dandys.So,how will i find you guys?You doin anything special before or after the show  that I can locate you?I look to make it to DC by about 8,the shows at 9 correct?

markie

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2003, 02:49:00 pm »
some of us may go to pollys before hand. but its scarey meeting there as we cant just lose you in the crowd if you are a complete internet weirdo.

I'll think of something and post tomorrow.

SPARX

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2003, 03:00:00 pm »
  some of us may go to pollys before hand. but its scarey meeting there as we cant just lose you in the crowd if you are a complete internet weirdo.

I was a wierdo long before the internet,and I'm bringin mountain folk with me  ;)  Where's Pollys?

Jaguär

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2003, 03:10:00 pm »
Hey Sparx, will you be there with your other 2 friends? If so, I should be there and we can all meet that way as I know the board loons and your 2 friends.    ;)

That is, I'll be at the club but not at Polly's.

mankie

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2003, 03:41:00 pm »

You could always have them buy a round, their prices certainly scared me away for life!

markie

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2003, 03:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
   their prices certainly scared me away for life!
you remind me of my grandad, "here is 10p go and buy yourself a cup of tea and a sandwich........"

mankie

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2003, 03:58:00 pm »

Originally posted by mankie:
   their prices certainly scared me away for life!
you remind me of my grandad, "here is 10p go and buy yourself a cup of tea and a sandwich........" [/b]
Oh come on! You can't tell me that $16 for a pint of Boddies and pint of flat Guiness is not out of order in a shit hole like Polly's.

Especially with the lousy 'tude of the bar wench and the old witch of a waitress that barges her way past everyone so you spill your $16 boddies and flat guinness!