Author Topic: grog & tankerd  (Read 23303 times)

mankie

Re: grog & tankerd
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2003, 01:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Mankie, you hang out in Glover Park?  That's so yesterday, so analog.
That's me...Admiral Analog!...actually I don't, it used to be my commute to and from work. I'm a Cleveland Park dude....was there last Saturday actually. Is that digital?

Celeste

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2003, 01:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
 Oh I get it, you've lived in D.C. for what, 10 minutes? So you're now the coolio city slicker wearing your professional woman business suit and sneakers, monthy parking permit on the rear view mirror and pass code for your condo building!
hmmm...not really...I want to move OUT of the city (at least this city), I wear a suit to work maybe about 3 times a year for Board meetings (and when I have interviews for other jobs)...I ride a bike (no car) and I rent an apartment...guess you can't peg me, baby

chknfngrs

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2003, 02:12:00 pm »
so why don't you all take the grog and tankard and make it hip?

mankie

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2003, 02:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:

hmmm...not really...I want to move OUT of the city (at least this city), I wear a suit to work maybe about 3 times a year for Board meetings (and when I have interviews for other jobs)...I ride a bike (no car) and I rent an
 apartment...guess you can't peg me, baby

[/b]
I bet prospective employers are impressed when you ride your bike to the job interview!

All joking aside..why do you think I don't live in DC yet still spend my social time down there? I could live 'IN' New york or San Francisco but that's about it over here....not that I've seen everywhere of course so there may be a couple more.

manimtired

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2003, 02:26:00 pm »
bragging about living in DC is so lame. big fucking shit...i live 10 minutes away in NOVA..you get to deal with more crime, terrible parking and beggers...where do i sign up?

redsock

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2003, 02:29:00 pm »
I know a decent band who played the G+T. I think it is a fine aplce to quite literally get some gigs under your belt. The DC scene is weird, with the big venues like 930, BC, or even Velvet Lounge tough to get in, you gotta be willing to play anywhere. Places like Staccato, Felix, Chief Ike's, Rhodeside Grill in arlington, are a step up, i think...but whatever, get known, get a following, get people to talk abouth you on the 930 board, who cares where you play, as long as someone is there to listen, all it takes is the ability to inspire one person...

Calling the G+T crappy just cause of the normal clientel is reserved for those of us with no musical talent. If youare a  musician who wants to make it, no place is too crappy.

Celeste

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2003, 02:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  I bet prospective employers are impressed when you ride your bike to the job interview!
oh mankie, you're so auto-centric!

sueandnotu

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2003, 02:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  bragging about living in DC is so lame. big fucking shit...i live 10 minutes away in NOVA..you get to deal with more crime, terrible parking and beggers...where do i sign up?
Goodness, the suburban angst is getting thick in here!  I don't really imagine that the 10 minutes between my Glover Park apt. and your NOVA apt. really reflect a huge difference in crime, parking, or beggars.  But there is definitely a difference in strip mall density, so whatever makes you happy.

manimtired

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2003, 02:38:00 pm »
someone is full of DC pride...I'd much rather live in Arlington than DC.  Are you a big dischord fan as well?  This whole city is weak.

sueandnotu

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2003, 02:42:00 pm »
  someone is full of DC pride...I'd much rather live in Arlington than DC.  Are you a big dischord fan as well?  This whole city is weak.
I'm sorry, did you say something?  I was too busy thinking about how cool I was for living in DC.

Truth be told, I'm just being sarcastic about DC.  My only city pride is for Austin, TX.  I am one of those people everyone hates who talks about how everything is better in TX.  I really don't care about the difference between Arlington and DC.

jadetree

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2003, 02:43:00 pm »
live where the hell you want to live, we dont need another city debate

oh and arlington sucks, even if the dischord house is there, dischord really started in glover park

mankie

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2003, 02:45:00 pm »
I have nothing against living in DC other than I can have twice the house for a quarter of the price outside of DC...and still be within 15 minutes of the 930 club, Cleveland Park and other places I like to hang out.

manimtired

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2003, 02:47:00 pm »
i dont really care myself..it always seems the suburban kids who move into DC are the ones who think its so great.

manimtired

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2003, 02:48:00 pm »
well dischord sucks so who really cares where it started.

jadetree

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2003, 02:49:00 pm »
  i dont really care myself..it always seems the suburban kids who move into DC are the ones who think its so great.
maybe because the suburbs suck, where are you from