Author Topic: How much do you spend on concert admission per year?  (Read 9932 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: How much do you spend on concert admission per year?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 06:49:00 pm »
Over the last 3 years I have averaged 55 shows per.  Looking over the list I am guessing about $20 - $25 average ticket cost.  Doing the math, the ticket expense comes to between $1,100 - $1,375 per year per person.  Most of these shows are at least an hour out of town so add whatever to that.
FUKIT

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 06:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  i think i spend prolly close to 3 digits at least.  
You mean 4 digits don't you?  I think $100 is one month for you. [/b]
damn i was a bit out of it when i wrote that. busy day at work  :(  - and yeah its def in the 4 digits. and i prob spend at least $100 a month. just got in, checked my mail and noticed my fav things.. tix in the mail. denis leary and the shout out louds cost me $100 alone.
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 07:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
  Speaking of denial, am I the only one who has noticed that the biggest spenders, and most obsessive, are boardies of color?  
*ahem*:

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  boardee trivia: what do all three have in common? (other than an addiction to live shows, of course...)
i guess this means you win the prize, sort of...  ;)
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 07:37:00 pm »
I'll attend 25 shows in September and October. I'm slightly ahead of you!   :D  

joe marshmellow is probably on the same level as me - a step below those three, but still boardline insane      :p      

(_|_)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 07:40:00 pm »
Just adding up my ticket stubs so far, $660 this year. But unfortunately, if I go with somebody, I almost always have to buy their ticket to get them to go, so you can probably close to double that figure already.

EDIT: I also have already purchased $575 in future tickets for shows within 2007. /edit

Plus I live in Richmond so you can probably come close to tripling it since every DC show has a built-in $35 gas expense.

But I have saved money and will be buying house #1 in November, so Rhett should be proud of me for that.

bnyced0

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 07:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:
  But unfortunately, if I go with somebody, I almost always have to buy their ticket to get them to go, so you can probably close to double that figure already.

But I have saved money and will be buying house #1 in November, so Rhett should be proud of me for that.
You should go to more shows alone, so you'll be sure and have enough for the down payment, considering the crazy market at the moment your lender may ask for 25% down at the last minute  :p

bnyced0

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:00 pm »

Speaking of denial, am I the only one who has noticed that the biggest spenders, and most obsessive, are boardies of color?  
*ahem*:

boardee trivia: what do all three have in common? (other than an addiction to live shows, of course...)
i guess this means you win the prize, sort of...    ;)   [/b]
I was including Joe.....so that makes four

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:00 pm »
  You should go to more shows alone, so you'll be sure and have enough for the down payment, considering the crazy market at the moment your lender may ask for 25% down at the last minute   :)

bnyced0

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 08:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:

You should go to more shows alone, so you'll be sure and have enough for the down payment, considering the crazy market at the moment your lender may ask for 25% down at the last minute    :)  
figures....

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2007, 08:43:00 pm »
 But again, single guy, no kids, no debt, and no other nasty habits other than this.
Same here. Except for my minor cocaine addiction.  ;)  But yeah.

And wow, yeah I know I'm somewhat of a newbie here and all, but I had no clue the big spenders in the show-going category were all black. Awesome.

Side Note: I did a little sum of my YTD spending on tickets, and it's embarrassing. Between the North American Bjork shows, seeing Queens of the Stone Age in Oklahoma, Daft Punk, Massive Attack in the UK back in February, and the shows I've seen here it's ridiculous.

--

Oh, and I'm totally not rich by any means, like, don't get me wrong, there are some days I don't have money for the fucking Metro because I have REALLY bad money management skills. I just invest in my happiness, as the Director wonderfully put it.
Woof.

lily1

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 09:58:00 pm »
i know that in 2001 i spent close to $700 on concert tickets and cab fare-and those were all local shows! i gleefully told my coworkers that i couldn't afford vacation because i was going to see BDB, Travis, Dplan, U2, Madonna, etc etc etc. That music was my vacation. How f'n music geeky of me! HA!

but yeah, i too, have gone well into 4 digits. i think i'd rather just not tally the amount. so much for using that entry in microsoft money!

i will travel for shows. typically its just philly but a train ticket and hotel room is over $150 combined.  and once you start going further-nyc, chicago, san fran, the price of your concert ticket was the cheapest thing!

it also depends on the artist touring that year. i know for prince, madonna, springsteen, u2, its going to cost $100 a ticket versus $15 for the frames. and if its u2, i'm going to see them multiple times on the tour.

bnyced0

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 12:27:00 am »
Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:

And wow, yeah I know I'm somewhat of a newbie here and all, but I had no clue the big spenders in the show-going category were all black. Awesome.

Of Color , don't forget about Joe, his parents would faint if they knew he was considered "black" in DC  :o

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 12:30:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  I'll attend 25 shows in September and October. I'm slightly ahead of you!    :D  

joe marshmellow is probably on the same level as me - a step below those three, but still boardline insane       :p        

[/b]
im right up there with you joe. ill be lucky if i only attend 25 shows in sept/oct. everytime i go out with friends, inevitablly they want me to go check out some other band, so the amount of shows keep going up. and im not even beginning to yet think about cmj.

and if the rentals play DC, they rocked! i highly encourage everyone to check them out.
HeyLa

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 03:47:00 am »
i can't remember the last time i paid to see a show, and i go to a fair amount (not counting shows i work).  one of the perks of being in the business for a while is good connections.

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 09:09:00 am »
My friend and I decided to cut back on shows because we've been to so many good ones that we're now hard to impress.  Do any of the big spenders here or you well connected kids find yourself getting bored just because you go to so many shows?
xoxo